“A wonderful holiday in a little paradise”
Check Availability
TWINROOM
STUDIO
STUDIO
Bathroom
In the morning around the swimming-pool
Table d'hôtes
Basket of local products
Boat's rental
View from the boat
SWIMMING POOL BY NGHT
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
vinicio b
Albizzate, Italy
“A wonderful holiday in a little paradise”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Thanks to Sophie and Spiros’ s kindness and care, who are the worthy Lord and Lady of their house, my holiday in Cefalonia has been really pleasant and relaxing! The house and the garden of “ Villa Sophie” are looked after with great care and the swimming pool is an excellent optional facility very pleasant for the guest to use. The beach is only few minute walk from the house ( Karavados Beach) and the sea, nearby, has nothing less than the other more renowned beaches in the island.
Among the beaches I visited I highly recommend the beach in Myrtos, which I consider the most beautiful in the island where I also found inspiration for a love poem which follows below :
MYRTOS (*)

Today
in the azurine sea of Myrtos
I plunged
and you were that sea!

the sky-blue waves of Myrtos
which I caressed with my hands
filled with beauty
my eyes and my heart
and you were those waves!

This sea,
who saw vergin Venus new born,
glows in your eyes

Today,
while I steeped
into the original springs
of Life and Beauty
I felt your mighty embrace
and I was filled with you.

I am born to new life:
the sun, the sky, the sea and the earth
finally rebound
forever
in my heart and mind.

Vinicio Bernardi

(*) Written at Myrtos beach, on 22nd July 2013 after a wonderful day at the seaside.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
m1rkl
Bath, United Kingdom
“My Idea of Paradise!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

What an amazing place to stay. The villa is beautiful, personally managed by the owners everything is in perfect condition, you could believe that you were the first guest ever to stay, The house has everything, great WiFi, barbecue and lovely pool which the owners come and clean every day! The Villa is furnished very comfortably and is exceptionally clean.
Sophie and Spiros are the most welcoming of hosts, Spiros met us at the airport and led us in our hire car to the villa. Spiros arranged a special price for us with the rental company. He is a keen gardener and is very generous with the produce from his garden.
I travelled to the villa in May with my daughter and her family, I was so impressed trhat by the second day I had booked to return in July with my wife.
Within easy driving distance there are many beaches, local restaurants, the main town of Argostoli, many historical sites walks etc, Kephalonia is paradise and villa Sophie the pearl in the oyster! Cant wait to return

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: local beaches clean beautiful villa with own pool
Liked least: nothing to dislike
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
loulou263...
Kent
“Stunning Property, Gorgeous Views, Excellent Hosts”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We had a lovely trip for two weeks in May to Villa Sophie. It is a beautiful well equipped villa and the layout was perfect for our needs. We went with our two children and my Father. He had the downstairs studio so was able to have a little peace when he wanted it. The pool is perfect for splashing about it when it gets hot. We found having the BBQ great as we could eat in when we wanted to with meat from the butchers on the main road. Kefalonia is one of the most beautiful Greek islands with lots to see and do.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Older travelers Families with young children
Cabanac
Grenoble, France
“A great little paradise”
Reviewed 10 December 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

There are no words for such a place and the hospitality of Sophie and Spiros. It is quite unusual but the description of the Villas is below what you'll get in experience. Our three girls, my wife and I enjoyed our time like never.
At 5 min from the beach, an incredibly quiet place with all the comfort you need, including the aircon which enable you to really rest during the night. Do your BBQ in front of the swimming pool, enjoy the large very well equipped kitchen where you can prepare your own Tsatsiki*, bathroom with washing machine, etc… The island is splendid and it helps to remind how Greece was years ago. The little restaurant close to the beach, where you eat for less than 15 euros/p , the incredible sunset, etc. So, just book, this time, I am not scared to say I'll guarantee you the best experience.

*Tip : if you are very kind with Spiros, he will probably let you access to his organic Garden and share with you some of his Greek cooking secrets!)

PS: if you like Disco, noise, crowded places and beaches, expensive restaurant, paparazzi : forget, this place is not for you.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Peace and quiet
Liked least: nothing....
Travelling group: En famille avec jeune(s) enfant(s)
Older travelers Families with young children
Lucyvanpe...
Gioia del Colle, Italy
“A dream!”
Reviewed 29 November 2012 for a stay in August 2011
person found this review helpful

Villa Sophie and Karavados (Thomas Beach) are a PARADISE! A DREAM! The villa is wonderful. two large indipendent apartements with a common swimmingpool. sunbeds and sun umbrella. a barbecue. a beautiful garden with almond trees and flowers. The villa is very clean and well furnished. The owners, Sophie and Spyros, are extraordinary, very very nice and helpful. I'm in love with Villa Sophie and its owners!!! I'll be there again asap!!!

Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing