All reviews eden rock blue flag beach steep hill rooms are very basic relaxing holiday local dishes clear water southern crete yogurt sea view beach minutes takes about minutes either direction andreas greek disco towns
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I booked Hotel Eden Rock as a last minute trip after a long summer of work.
I was looking for a relaxing holiday with sun, sea, good food and good people.
I got them all!
After a smooth bus journey down to Agia Fotia from the airport, I got to the Hotel and was instantly upgraded to a room with a sea view! A great start indeed.
I then spent 7 nights either by the pool sipping on beer, or down by the gorgeous little beach 5 minutes away, lying in the sun, swimming in the sea, and sipping on beer!
The staff were all friendly and amazing. The buffet food was generous and delicious, and I came away completely relaxed and a lot more tanned than when I arrived!
Thanks so much Andreas and everyone at Eden. See you again soon!
Steve

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are much more quiet than a room closer t the car park.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank SteveOn808
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We booked our Crete holiday after flights were cancelled to Miami during hurrican Irma.
The Eden Rock is very tired old place which needs ALL of it refurbished, the food is average but sometimes ok. We found the pool area ok but the two huge parasols were broken and hard to erect for some shade. The grass area is ok but all the sunloungers are well worn with holes in them, there was a dead lizard at the bottom of the pool for a few days and the pool was dirty in the deep end, the pool attendant only came every few days and didn't seem to do much.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This was our first experience of crete. The drive from the Heraklion to Eden Rock was about an hr and 20 minutes for which we paid thru our nose.(€130) But we did get a Mercedes which made it a smooth journey. Eden Rock is at a great location and is right on the main road. We were welcomed by Andreas the owner of the hotel who is a very friendly guy who sold us into taking a sea side facing and wifi enabled room for an xtra €5 a night which we took. But the wifi was not working in the room. The rooms are very basic but you will like it. There is hot and cold water to shower and an AC which needs to be a bit more effective considering the heat in Crete.
We were on a B&B basis and the breakfast is pretty decent- fresh fruits and bread and lots of local dishes.
The pool is clean and there is a bar at the pool as well.
The beach is a 15 minute walk from the hotel and another one which is a 30 minute walk but worth the effort. There are a few restaurants on the way to the beech. I would strongly recommend The River- the food id to die for and is very reasonable.The evenings at the hotel are very peaceful and relaxing.So if you are looking for a holida just to relax and rejuvenate Eden Rock is the place.
Thanks Andreas and apologies fort he late review.
Joshua
Glasgow

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Just had a second holiday here,lovely,no complaints what so ever!i am recovering from an illness,and the family were so caring to me,if you want chips and bingo.dont go,but if you want peace,and would like to recharge your batteries,this is the ideal place,many thanks.x

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I have just come home after spending quality time enjoying a wonderfully relaxing week at Eden rock. Our stay at Eden rock was exactly as we had hoped for, the location is ideal with its surrounding mountain backdrop giving you peace and serenity.
Andreas and his family are an extremely hard working close net family struggling in today's financial climate, yes the hotel is in need of revamp but maintains its original Cretan ambience with its tasty local dishes and traditional yet basic rooms enabling us to sample traditional Greek life to the full.
We were half board giving a wide range of hot and cold food for breakfast, ending by the pool having a freshly made Greek coffee every morning which packs a punch to start the day. We chose to eat out at local restaurants most evenings sampling tasty local dishes which the family were more than happy to accommodate swooping our evening meal for lunch.
My daughter and I participated in a local scuba diving lesson which I would highly recommend. Our instructor spoke good English and was extremely lovely to our nerves being our first time, session cost €80 each for an hour and a half in the ocean which displayed an abundance of marine life.
We jumped into a taxi for a twenty minute ride to the local town of Lerapetra costing €20 to find many shops bars and restaurants along the sea front making a 14 year old girl very happy with all its fake bags shoes etc at cheap prices.
We both take away wonderful memories filled with much laughter and joy from our stay at Eden rock, don't be deterred by negative reviews, yes it's basic but a Greek haven.
Emma & Angel