All reviews stayed here bread bacon eggs reception area nice place average breakfast buffet plenty of parking cool down many options free parking standard harbour ferry cheese oslo driver
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel is very service minded and helpful from the reception to the restaurant. Nice rooms(maybe a bit small), but clean and comfortable. It’s close to the harbor and the shopping mall.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Torgeir B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Horten, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in room 318, it was a nice room with a lovely view of sea ,morning you have nice sunlight coming into the room and good breeze for ventilation.
Room is ideal for two adults.Good internet and clean washroom.This hotel has its own restaurant with a small menu,nearby there are Indian ,Chinese,and pizzerie food shops, walking distance to nearby shopping store.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Torgeir B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Horten, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Mr Rodrigues

Thank you for a nice describing review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed last September as we try & visit family every year.
Staying here was tight in Horten, so close to everything..buses etc:-
When we arrived in Oslo we caught the train then bus arriving just around the corner from the hotel.
We had a beautiful view of the fjord watching the ferry come & go to Moss.
The staff were brilliant, they looked after us by making phone calls when our credit card didn’t work.
Breakfast was nice...
We are going back this Nov 2018

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view........
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Roddy

Thank you for your review. We are happy to see that you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to see you again in November.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed here some years ago and the hotel room was run down. Now it’s renovated, at a good standard, although our room was not particularly spacious. Good beds. Free parking, and average breakfast buffet. Friendly and courteous front desk. Overall, good experience.

Stayed: October 2017
Torgeir B, Daglig leder at Thon Hotel Horten, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the changes we have made. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Ive visited Horten this September for the first time, stayed for two night. I must say I dont speck Norwegian, just English.
Check in was nice and easy, the room was equipped with everything I needed, it was clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was great both mornings, they had huge variety of food- bread, cheese, eggs, fruit, cereal, hot dishes and much more that I’m probably missing. The kitchen staff is very nice and welcoming.
On my second night I asked the front desk to help me with transportation to the airport, I wasnt able to get all the information from the website cause of the language translation, she was very unhelpful, gave me the company’s phone number and email and went back to do what she was doing before I interrupted her. I felt like it was kind of rude! Eventually I asked one of the guest to help me, and since I wasnt sure I woke up super early (5am) to ask the driver if he comes back agin at (12pm) information that was openly viewed to anyone who reads Norwegian.

I really hope that I could write more positive review cause overall it was pretty nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Torgeir B, General Manager at Thon Hotel Horten, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear hadaso2016

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take take incident with the front desk seriously, and are really sorry for your experience.

We hope you will come visit us again soon.