All reviews gardone riviera lake garda well worth a visit good size location is beautiful lovely hotel ten minute walk plenty of loungers direct access to the lake rooms are lovely hotel room enjoyed breakfast little details our honeymoon nice breakfast hired a car food for breakfast
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel and its staff are fantastic. The food the people and atmosphere made for an unforgettable stay. Definitely will be returning. Why do people complain when you go to a foreign country that not all the staff in any establishment don't speak English. Adds to the experience as far as I'm concerned.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Having been regular guests for the past 6 years and having written a glowing review last year here is an update.

With New Management from April 2016 at the Hotel the standards have dropped appreciably.In fact it's the lack of anyone managing the hotel that is so problematic which is incredible considering they are new managers!

This was a jewel of a hotel with wonderful vistas and a pool by the lake.It was family run with a personal touch with nearly 80% of the guests repeat customers year after year

Today it is an impersonal hotel with the staff far from friendly except for the reception desk.

The new management run large hotels in Rimini but don't have the capacity to understand what is needed at this hotel.Service is appalling with the dining room staffs' ability to speak English minimal .

The bottom line is their objective- not servicing their guests personally.It only has 36 rooms and this personal feature is what has attracted customers to come year after year.

The pool is not cleaned each day .The staff needs increasing- not increasing the existing staffs hours.

I so recommended this hotel in my previous review but having met the new management they do not appear to have the will or the ability to run this jewel of a hotel.

Will the loyal clientele return next year.The jury is out.

Room Tip: Looking out of the balcony to the lake
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pas422
Lombardini, Direttore vendite at Hotel Spiaggia d'Oro - Charme & Boutique, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Dear Guest,
thank You for Your review.
We really appreciate the fact that this year You decided to return at the Hotel Spiaggia D'Oro, as You have been doing for many years, however, we intend to express our point of view about some of Your overviews.
We like to clarify that the Hotel has not changed, regarding structure and services, and at this time we are working to fix small maintenance issues that the previous management had neglected.
Our Family manages hotels since many years, and I can assure You that the attention for the guest that we have in Rimini, is the same that we intend to transfer, in the specific case, to Salo, that is one of the reasons why all Hotel employees must speak English, although none of them are native speakers.
As always, the budget is not the only purpose of our work, even if it is important, our main goal is the comfort and convenience of all of our guests, which is why we decided to operationalize 22 employees for a hotel with just 36 rooms .
Each department is provided with the right number of employees, to perform the tasks assigned to them, as well as the maintenance department, consisting of 2 employees who daily take care of the garden and the pool.
Hoping that our response has clarified some of Your concerns, our Family wish You a woderful day.
Vanessa Lombardi - Sales Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2016

It was not my first, but my last stay at the hotel. We have booked one year ago. When I arrived I got my room key as if nothing would have happened. When I saw my room, it was clear it was not was I had booked and what was confirmed. I booked with balcony to the lake but I got no balcony to the street. When I complained its as admitted that there was a mistake, they where overbooked and had no other room. Afterwards I was told it should have been only for one night as they had to give my room to someone else. Yes, I got 50% of the room price, which was still cheaper for them as if I would have moved to another hotel, which was difficult for me as I was with two other families in this hotel. At all the management never really apologized for it. Since the new management is in, it turned worse. You need to pay 5 Euros if you want to have your towels for the pool changed or 7,50 if you want to use the parking. Breakfast is good, but after 5 days and every day the same ... Poole tends to be overcrowded. Comparing the price with the value.. is is not worth to stay there.

Room Tip: Only room to the pool - others are far to loud
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexander G

Dear Guest,
thanking for Your review, I would like to extend You an apology from all the Staff, for what happened at Your arrival at the hotel.
Anyway, I remember very well the moment of Your arrival, as well as the fact that all the reception staff tried to find a solution to the problem and to apologize for what happened.
We are aware of how the incident could have been handled differently, but I can assure You that my colleagues have taken action immediately in order to find a solution suited to Your needs, then, in agreement with You they have confirmed the option of the discount on the room rate.
Since our Family has taken over the management of this magnificent hotel, some improvements have been made, and services that were free have now a surcharge, in order to ensure the proper functioning of them.
The private parking is an additional service, considering the possibility of free parking outside the hotel, we felt it appropriate to introduce a supplement for guests who prefer leave the car in a private and secure place.
No surcharge is applied instead to the change of pool towels.
Breakfast is one of the positive points of the hotel, every morning is prepared with care by the kitchen staff and monitored weekly to ensure that products are always sundry and grade, as well as in all the other hotels, is not possible to change the line daily.
Vanessa Lombardi -⁠ Sales Manager

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Just returned from a fantastic stay at Hotel Spiaggia d’Oro. We booked last minute, literally the day before and wasn’t quite sure where we were heading. The location is in a great spot, right on the lakefront. The views from the hotel grounds and rooms are breathtaking.

A key benefit of this hotel is that you're right on the lakefront and can simply step from the hotel grounds into the lake for a refreshing swim.

A short walk from the hotel and you have a few nice restaurants and the ferry terminal. 5 mins in a car and you reach Salo, which is a lovely town perfect for a meal or just a stroll around the waterfront.

All of the staff at the hotel are very helpful and couldn’t do enough for you. The hotel caters for many nationalities and you can see guests return year after year. It’s a cosy hotel with all the facilities and not too many rooms, which gives you the feel of the personal touch. We could always get a sun lounger by the pool and a table at breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The breakfast has a good choice. Lots of fresh options and always enough food.

Parking for the hotel is free and just outside the hotel around a small marina of fishing boats.

We would definitely like to return. All rooms appear to have a view of the lake with some rooms that have more direct views and optional balconies.

The rooms and the whole hotel are spotlessly clean. The room was large and bigger than many rooms we’d seen when booking.

We travel regularly and would love to return to this hotel very soon. Highly recommend this charming hotel in a great spot!

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms with a balcony facing the lake on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Excellent hotel! The location, right on the water, small property but spacious rooms. The staff is amazing and very helpful. The breakfast on the water, the al fresco dining, the pool is great, overall, fantastic and will be the only hotel we stay at in the future.

The only downside is if you want to work out, this hotel has no facility to do so because it only has two old running machines, in a cramped room and I think there is a fee to use it. We had to take a cab into town, pay for a pass at a local gym, total cost for two people for two passes, round trip taxi was 60 euros.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple