Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$304
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews wonderful hosts sao miguel teresa ocean island sensi
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 November 2020

When I first stepped onto the grounds of Sensi, I could feel the tranquility in the very air. What a special place this is. I spent a weekend here, enchanted by the beautifully designed environment, the stunning sea views and the warm welcome by Teresa, Miguel and all the staff. I made the decision to return for two weeks.

I came here for a respite, weary from three years of a nomadic lifestyle. What I found was the fine art of relaxation in a venue providing refined ease and grace. Every aspect of my being was nourished by this experience.

The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Try the pineapple pie! The breakfast is a feast. I felt cared for by the lovely staff. My room was spacious, the bed very comfortable, and, oh my, the shower had a view of the ocean!

I spent hours on my veranda, reading, watching the sun on the water, delighted to see dolphins a couple of times. The swing was a treat, and my personal pool was perfect for floating or a soak. Teresa kindly lent me a yoga mat and soft cushion for meditation.

There is also an indoor heated salt water pool. My skin felt caressed daily with a swim. Everyone should experience this bliss!

I thought I would have a massage or two while there. A suggestion from Miguel led to a custom package of massages, sound healings and water therapy. Best decision ever! As each day progressed, layer upon layer of my being relaxed. These massages were better than any I have ever experienced. Ayurvedic, hot stone, fleur de sel, head massage, reflexology, Tibetan bowls in the pool, underwater flowing movement....there were so many different sensations to experience. Nuno’s expertise, his gift, guided my relaxation to the next level: rejuvenation. My skin glowed, hair shone, body softened, smile widened....the effect of all this nourishing attention.

What I could feel throughout my stay was the love poured into Sensi. Everything is so well thought out, life feels effortless. I am filled with gratitude for the warm embrace from the Sensi family. I look forward to returning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

Sensi Azores Nature and Spa was a real experience, arguably the best place I’ve had the pleasure to stay at. Theresa and Miguel are such wonderful hosts and have created a real charming residence and are so willing to assist your every need. The location is wonderful providing spectacular sunsets over the ocean to be enjoyed at their spectacular bar or by the pool or gardens.
I cannot rate this location enough, I’ll be sure to stay here again given the chance on returning to Sao Miguel.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Miguel e Teresa Urbano, Proprietário at Sensi Azores Nature and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2020

Ruxandra, thanks a lot for your great review. Hope to see you again! All the best!

Reviewed 27 August 2020

Highly recommended. Great experience (August 2020-family with 3 young kids). Best hotel in Sao Miguel & Azores islands. Out of the beaten track, in the most natural part of the island. Very peaceful, feel at home atmosphere, very refined, modern (yet decorated with regional arts), large, and well equipped rooms. The hotel has been built new from an old farm which makes it very unique and charming. Great outdoor pool with view on the ocean. Fabulous sunsets. Great restaurant. Very professional and attentive service. The owners thrive to provide the best and individualized service to their guests.

Room tip: Take a room with view on the ocean.
Date of stay: August 2020
Miguel Urbano, Proprietário at Sensi Azores Nature and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2020

Lucile, thanks a lot for such a wonderful review.
We already miss you and your lovely family!
You are always welcome at Sensi!
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

We have stayed at Sensi Azores for two nights at the beginning of our vacation and decided to come right back to this wonderful place for our last night on the Azores. When arriving, the first you see is the beautiful view on the corn fields paired with the blue of the sea. Teresa and Miguel, the friendly and welcoming owners of Sensi, have transormed this old farm to a wonderful luxurious boutique & spa place with a lot of attention to details. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean and nicely decorated. The large terrace ensures privacy, one of the most beautiful sunsets (if facing the sea) and enough space for star gazing at night. They have their own bar, that allows you to order snacks & drinks while enjoying some time off at the pool. The restaurant is also something we highly recommend, they even extra prepared a vegetarian dish for me - every day a new delicious surprise from the kitchen, that had a nice variety.. Cheese & wine are from the islands. Breakfast is freshly made and really nice as well! A nice addition is also their Golden Retriever "Buga" (not sure whether spelling is correct) who is such a lovely, cute and calm dog. We will miss this wonderful place and hope to be able to come back soon. For us this is the best place to stay in the Azores.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Jennifer,
Thanks a lot for your great review!
We are really glad that you had a pleasant stay. It was a pleasure to host you.
Warmest regards

Reviewed 23 August 2020 via mobile

The Sensi hotel is my favorite hotel in the Azores because the beautiful setting and the peaceful ocean water view and the overall tranquility of the land. It is a place to recharge and renew. The owners of the Hotel are so hands-on and go greatly out of their way to make sure that you’re comfortable. For me they made special considerations to accommodate my vegetarian and gluten free diet which meant so much to me as there aren’t a ton of food options for vegetarians in the Azores. I loved that it was minutes away from the ferraria and The front desk told us when the tides were at the right time to go and soak in the warm pools on the ocean.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Tricia,
Thanks for such a great review!
It was a pleasure to host you. We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon!
Warmest regards,