“Fantastic all around experience ”
Review of Ristorante Zu

Ristorante Zu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We visited here with friends that have a summer home in the lake. We were lucky enough to be town during the Cristo exhibition.
We enjoyed the 5 course Cristo themed meal and it was unbelievable '. The freshness of every ingredient could be tasted.
This is the place to come if you're a seafood lover. The homemade pastas were light and tasty. The service was super attentive.
My kids, who don't like seafood had a homemade filled pasta that was amazing. Don't miss this spot if you're in the area.

2  Thank Asfinefood

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Ristorante Zu was one to us. A true gem. Beautifully located with a great view over the lake. We came biking on a lazy 65k trip around the Iseo lake. Zu was perfectly timed for our lunch. After a warm, smiling welcome from the staff, they took our order for tortelloni and ravioli. The serving started, however, with their signature crayfish/tomato dish. Outstanding. Then, the homemade pasta came, the ravioli being served in a basket made of parmesan. Superb. When we claimed we had no space for dessert, only coffee, they added a symphony of three small sweets: one glass with crushed pineapple topped with whipped cream, on tarte filled with custard and topped with a blueberry and a glass with apricots in grappa. What a treat! The bill? Totally acceptable :-) Staff? Friendly and professional from start to end.

2  Thank Arve P
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I went to the Zu Restaurant with my wife and my friends John and Marisa from New York on June 28th. We had the Christo's special menu. Perfect quantities, supreme flavors, great wine. As always it was worth the price.

1  Thank Gianluigi Z
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Having spotted Zu when driving around we thought it looked a lovely spot and decided to go back there to eat. On arrival we were very impressed, it is smart place with excellent views from the large terrace overlooking lake Iseo, the staff were friendly and the few clientele were very well dressed, it is obviously considered a special place to eat, so I was glad we had made an effort in the sartorial department, wouldn't want to lower the tone.

As is the case with fine dining the portions were on the small side, but not too small as can often be the case, well presented and served correctly by the excellent, and very efficient staff; the dishes however, just weren't quite up to what we had been expecting, nothing actually wrong with anything, just nothing to write home about. My wife did say that the dishes chosen by the table opposite looked much more interesting.

The road from Sarnico to Lovere is closed at Restaurant Zu so I think they may be finding the season a tad quiet with traffic only able to come from one side, they are rated in the Michelin guides and someone told me they had a Michelin star although having been I am not so sure, I do wonder if we got an off day?

Reviewed 14 October 2015

This was my second visit to Ristorante Zu and the food was even better than before. The octopus appetizer was the most tender that I've eaten, followed by a fantastic lake trout in a simple finish.

2  Thank MLS1024