“Best and friendliest diving centre in Seychelles!!! ”

Dive Seychelles Underwater Centre
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Beau Vallon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I searched on google for a dive centre in Seychelles and were informed that most of them are located on Beau Vallon. I found Dive Seychelles Underwater Centre on my search feed and decided to give them a call. Glynis the owner of the dive centre took my call and advised us that they are able to do pick ups and drop offs from Eden Island to their dive centre - at NO extra cost! She picked us up promptly at 8:30am from Eden. We arrived at her dive centre to be greeted by the friendliest and most helpful and cheerful staff! They are all very professional and are happy to help with anything you ask. Our dives were always well briefed, safety is of utmost importance which makes you feel safe and confident to dive in unknown waters. All our DM’s were excellent at spotting out the sealife and made each and every dive enjoyable for us. The skippers took us out to sea safely and also always full of smiles :) Big thanks to Glynis for her nice chats in the car to and from the dive centre, to helping us order food for the post dive hunger :D And to Sabrina, Stella and our dearest Michael (Sebastian the crab) for all his humor and singing and for spotting the WHALE SHARK which we will never forget!!!! We did 6 dives in total and if we weren’t flying back home on Friday we would have done a few more! We will definitely dive with this amazing team again when we return to Seychelles and we can HIGHLY recommend them to anyone in search of an awesome diving experience in the Seychelles!!! Keep up the excellent work and team spirit guys, until we meet again!! Claudia and Cameron, South Africa

All reviews
"fish"
in 10 reviews
"these guys"
in 5 reviews
"no hesitation in recommending"
"rental equipment"
"boat safety"
"whole team"
"berjaya hotel"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my first try and I have informed them in advance. The day was little rainy. People were very nice but my expectation was little more. I did a training which was Ok but can be done little better. I cancel the diving and went for Snorkeling with them which was not a good location at all. They excuse me saying all about you luck. Any way must be better next time.

3  Thank dipanjandebnath
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Glynis runs a tight ship. I have not dived for 2.5 years but could not have felt more comfortable and confident that I was in good hands. Rental equipment is good. Crew and dive masters are excellent at getting you to and from dive sites plus underwater. All very relaxed. Some things to note. If short distance dives then it’s 20 mins tops from load up to site. My 4 dives were short distance, 2 were 5 minutes out !!. You have to suit up, weights on, then carry all your gear from dive centre to the boat into around 4 feet of water for around 50 yards. Short but hot (30 deg C) and hard if you are not able bodied. Most dive centres are same of loading in the sea. Also be aware that 90% of coral around Mahé is bleached. Don’t expect any colour !!. But plenty to see (Saw turtle each dive but on shark), visibility is miles, Little or no current and max 20 mtrs diving, plus warm water, heaven basically !!. Highly recommended to use this dive center. But book in advance as busy all time I was there. All boats were full

1  Thank Carolebird
Reviewed 19 December 2017

I really wanted to love this place - it's well run, organized, and the equipment are top notch. But there was just too many divers for one divemaster for the fun dives to be enjoyable. Dives never lasted longer than 40-45min, and half of us would come up with more than 120 bar left. Also, for a few dives there were some mild current, but for whatever reason the divemaster had us swimming against the current the entire time when the reefs could've been easily explored if we drifted with the current. This gave me a headache. Lastly, luckily I didn't experience this, but some divers would be paired with a OW or AOW student and the instructor, and they had to wait for the exercises to finish before beginning the dive.

Overall, great place, but needs to reduce the DM : diver ratio for better planned dives.

1  Thank froophee