“Family Run ”

Yen Son
Ranked #40 of 137 Restaurants in Duong Dong
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This area can be pretty expensive at times due to the large numbers of tourists. However Yen Son is very reasonable- food seems high quality (we had vegetable spring rolls, sweet & sour chicken and vegetables & rice).

Food naturally is different to how it comes in the UK- this is all cooked fresh to local recipes. Our entire meal came to 245,000 VND including drinks. We enjoyed our meal- as proven in my photo!!

The restaurant itself may not appear to be up to ‘uk restaurant standards’ in terms of cleanliness etc but for Vietnamese standards it’s good.

I would eat there again.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Craig M

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Ate here a few times whilst on Phu Quoc island.

The food is great value and very well cooked and you get plenty

A really full menu of all sorts of Vietnamese and authentic delights

Really worth a visit if your in the area

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Paul V
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I cannot understand why previous ratings have been so good. Here are some reasons for my disappointment:
1. the drinks we had (lemon juice) were good - except for the dirty spoon und glas they were served with. I am not talking about fingerprints but black residues.
2. we ordered three dishes: fresh springrolls with shrimp, chicken curry and pork rips. I really like springrolls and have them almost everyday, but this is the first time I couldn't even finish a single one. I am not saying the food was bad, but it simply didn't taste well. The curry was as simple mixture of only carrots, potatoes and chicken. Ok. The pork ribs .. ugh ..too much gristle.

Summary: the dishes were prepared insidiply - especially when I consider the price (almost 300000 in total). This was the worst meal within our 3 weeks travel in Vietnam. I'd rather recommend you to eat at "bun cha hanoi"(same street, more to the south)

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

3rd time in 4 nights. Friendly affordable tasty authentic food. If you're not sure where to go, go here. Full review to follow!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank KirstieC
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

We ate 2 times here and it was really good! Nice stuff and huge portions! The whole service for about 70000 Dong..

Date of visit: January 2017