1,277 results
All reviewsspice housebeach housephu quocfree cocktailevery afternooninfinity poolthe cottagesoutdoor showeroverlooking the beachmosquito netnight marketlong beachsea viewsao beachrelaxing stayhigh seasonpho
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

A stunning resort with attentive staff and well appointed rooms. We had an upper floor room over looking the garden and sea. They grow their own spices and greens and operate one of the finest restaurants on the island! The food served here is excellent and very reasonably priced for the quality ... around about 950 thousand for several courses and alcohol for two people. They have a spa and three !! swimming pools. The rooms were cleaned beautifully and the resorts use of a natural insect repellant that smells of cinnamon is quirky! All in all a lovely stay. You can’t go wrong with a reservation here!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Cassia Cottage for 4 nights and could not fault the place. I booked a modern premium room and it was really big with a nice terrace overlooking the spice garden. The on site restaurant is good value as the food is very good quality. Complimentary breakfast was the best I had in my 3 week tour of Vietnam. The staff here are very helpful and the resort manager went out of his way to introduce himself to every guest which is a nice added touch. Would definitely stay here again if I went back to Phu Quoc.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Mark B, Owner at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you, Thank you!. We Aim to Please...

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at cassia cottage for 3 days, never leaving and just eating the food at the resort. Our first 2 days were great, - good food and friendly staff. Based on these days I would have rated 4 (not 5 due to impossible to get hot water in the shower).

However on our last day we both got acute ill after eating at the spice house. I suspect it was the beef burger. I have never felt so bad in my life. I did not sleep one second that night just puking constantly.

We told the staff at check out. They did not care and charged in full with no apology. Funny that the most expensive place by far we stayed at in Vietnam were the only place to make us sick. Not acceptable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brage U
Mark B, Owner at Cassia Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Hi: we do not think you got that from us: Your symptoms state too soon after you are and went away too quickly. We had several other guests and staff ill last week. Some ate with us, some outside, and all traveled from Ho Chi Minh City in crowded planes. This virus can also be transmitted by contaminated water on the street in rainy season.

Our kitchen is really clean, and our beef from New Zealand. Not to say it might not have bacteria, but it's unlikely that your symptoms would come from that.

You probably got a stomach virus: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/viral-gastroenteritis/symptoms-causes/syc-20378847
Which take 3-7 days to affect you, and goes away in 12-24 hours.

We looked at our reception video and audio and asked the girl who did your checkout. You did not mention the illness at the time, else we would. have advised you, given you medicine if needed, and give YOU a FREE OF CHARGE ROOM FOR ANOTHER DAY UNTIL you recover. But we did not know you were sick.

Sorry to write so long, and also regret that you blame us for your misfortune.

Cassia Team

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week. Reception was great and also the free 2way transport from and back the airport. We had a beautiful room in front of the beach on the second floor. Nice view to the sea and of the resort. Mosquito net on the bed is necessary but we had not much trouble about them. Also mosquito killers in the room. Breakfast is good. More is not necessary. The room was big and clean. Mind you : this is a tv free resort. So you don’t find a tv in the room. Staff is very friendly. I can recommend this resort. It is also situated not far from the airport and about in the middle of the island.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank StafW3
Reviewed 7 July 2018

My son lives in Vietnam and he chose this hotel for me to spend a few days with him and his girlfriend. We stayed in one of the beach houses which was amazing and absolutely huge - great value though if you want 2 bedrooms.
Loved the ethics of this place - natural products/home grown herbs and veg etc.
The staff were also fabulous - nothing too much trouble - we hired the mopeds on site to explore which was a great bonus.
Lovely food and atmosphere in the spice house.
The hotel is in a great position and the pool is large.
Everything perfect - loved it ❤️

Room Tip: Go for the beach house if you are a family/2 couples
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family