All reviews f b manager private beach mr sean phu quoc villa number native english speaking deluxe villas helped us plan rest and relaxation beautiful infinity pool quiet location varied menu music band the guest relations manager daily shuttle peace and tranquility breakfast buffet
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I and my wife visit on honeymoon and very great welcome from the team
Villa is perfect privacy, and facilities are so great, very nice decoration.
Breakfast is includes your room also very good, GM Mr Mohamed is a very nice and helpful gentleman
Thanks very much for making our day special.
Definitely will recommend

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank minhloi
Mercury_PQ, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Mercury Phu Quoc Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Minhloi.

Greetings from us all here at Mercury Resort & Villas. We would like to thank you for your kind review of our resort and for sharing your experience with the travel community.
It is very rewarding to see that the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you felt welcomed and at home during your stay. It is most kind of you to recommend us and we are extremely grateful. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments to our GM MR Mohamed.
We do hope that if you decide to come back to Phu Quoc you will allow us to accommodate you again.

Your Sincerely MR Sean M

Reviewed 7 July 2018

We enjoyed 6 nights at Mercury Resort. The villa was quiet and peaceful, comfortable and private.
Pool area was most enjoyable and peaceful during the day.
Gardens were beautiful and well maintained.
My husband was ill and the caring staff were fantastic.
Breakfasts were well presented but improvement is needed in food at dinner. The duck I had one evening was the worst duck I have been served ever. Very few guests ate dinner in the restaurant so that is an area that could improve.
We very much enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenny L
Mercury_PQ, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Mercury Phu Quoc Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Jenny L.

Salutations from the team and myself here at Mercury Resort. May I begin by thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your opinions on this forum.
I am extremely pleased to see that the whole experience here was a satisfactory one and our staff went above and beyond to take care of you during your stay.
I can only apologise about the quality of the duck that you were served and hope that it did not tarnish an otherwise pleasant trip, I will pass on your comments to the F&B manager to ensure this does not happen again.
On behalf of all the staff here, I would like to wish you bright and successful future and we do hope that you may return as our valued guests in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed at the property for 4 nights whilst we were travelling around Vietnam. We were warmly welcomed from the airport by our complimentary pick up, the airport is not even 5 mintues drive from the property. Once at mercury the reception staff informed us our room wasnt ready which was slightly annoying as the resort was pretty empty.
*BEWARE* they will ask you to leave a deposit to cover food and drink instead of using cash (we were prepared for this as we have been to previous hotels in Vietnam that had done the same) so our deposit was 4,000,000 VND ( Just over £100) and they will give back any of the deposit you did not use.
We stayed in one of the deluxe villas which was just lovely. Only issues we had was that the mini bar was not restocked everyday and the wifi in the villa was rubbish but all in all the villa was amazing.
Whilst we were there the hotel was empty, we knew we came out of season so this was not a surprise for us.
The staff where great and very helpful although maybe they shouldn't be on their phones so much? I know it was quiet but it wasn't very professional in my opinion.
The mercury is a taxi ride away from the centre ( only a couple of quid) but the hotel provide a complimentary shuttle service, we did not use this.
Food and drink was amazing we had lunch and dinner in the hotel which was really tasty, Breakfast buffet also had great choices. Most importantly the cocktails where devine.
All in all we had an amazing time at the hotel, so chilled and relaxing which was required after loads of travelling.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen D
Mercury_PQ, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Mercury Phu Quoc Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Karen D

Warm greetings from the team here at Mercury. I would like to say how much we appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay with us.
I am so happy to see that our breakfast buffet and restaurant were to your satisfaction and the cocktails 'devine'. Please allow to apologise for the short-comings concerning the mini bar and the wifi, I can assure you that action will be taken on these matters. I am sorry we did not get the chance to meet as I was on vacation at the time of your visit, however I am satisfied that the staff took good care of you during my absence.
I do hope that if you decide to return to Phu Quoc, you will consider staying with us again and thus giving me the opportunity to meet you. On behalf of us all here at Mercury I would like to wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We spent 4 night at this place
They picked us up from the airport free of charge and take you back again on departure
Check in was quick and easy
We had an villa number 6 that looks straight out onto the pool and beach
The room was large and a good bed too
You can see the rooms are a little dated now but still comfortable
Breakfast was plenty of choice, but the staff were very slow to replace food when it ran out
Pool and beach were good (we didn’t have the weather to use them probably tho)
Sean the manager was great
Very friendly and helpful too
We had to let him know that room service plates had been left on the bushes out the front for 2 days and none of the workers could be bothered to move them
Sean quickly sorted this

Stayed: June 2018
2  Thank topdog1066
Sean M, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Mercury Phu Quoc Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear topdog1066.

A pleasant and warm greeting to you from the team here and a big thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at Mercury Resort & Villas. I am happy to see that you found our complimentary airport shuttle convenient and that you enjoyed the wonderful view from villa 6.
We really do appreciate guest feedback, your comments are valuable in our efforts to provide premier service which our guests deserve..
Your comments regarding the minor problems to do with the staff not replacing food quick enough will be passed on to the F&B manager who will endeavour to make amends.immediately.
It certainly was a pleasure to have you as our guests and I was very happy to be of assistance. I do hope that if you return to Phu Quoc you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

This resort was gorgeous. From the super comfortable beds, to the spacious room, everything was on point. The location on this lovely beach along with the pool made this an ultimate relaxation spot.

It was a little bit out of town but the shuttle bus was very handy. The restaurant was quite expensive, along with the spa however your paying for the location and the quality was excellent. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

The breakfast was to die for! Definitely one of the highlights. It had such a great selection and everything was fresh and crisp.

One this we didn't like however was the 10% tax and then another 5% on top of that for a service fee. I think just include this in the price so that people don't feel ripped off when they get their receipts.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Roxanne G
Sean M, Giám đốc quan hệ khách hàng at Mercury Phu Quoc Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Roxanne G.

Salutations from us all here at Mercury Resort. May I say what a delight to read your recent appraisal of our resort. It is pleasing to see that you enjoyed the facilities and the locality that is on offer here.
I am thrilled to learn that our breakfast buffet exceeded your expectations and you were entirely satisfied with the spa. The prices you have mentioned are quite competitive if not slightly cheaper than other resorts on the Island, we do constantly monitor the prices elsewhere in order to keep a fair price.
On behalf of all the team here ,I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Mercury.

Yours sincerely MR Sean M.