See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Great start, really bad finish. Our stay in this hotel was quite fine, we are more interested in beach and sea than accomodation. Room was nice, breakfast good, you won't be starving. But what happened at the end of our holiday in this hotel, really dissapointed us.

We were packing our stuff and I find out my bikini is missing. I remember they were lying on the bed, when we were going to the beach. First I thought the cleaning lady accidentaly took them when she was changing the sheets. So I visited the reception if they can check the laundry. Guy from reception told me to stop by next morning. Ok, I agreed. Next morning this guy told me the laundry left the hotel, so they can't find out if my bikini were there. All what he said was "I'm sorry". He didn't even offer solution - some kind of compensation. When we checked-out, I left them my adress - to send me bikini, if they find them. Next day (I was already at home) they called me from the hotel and said, the laundry service found nothing. Mystery, right?

It's not about the stupid bikini - you can buy new, my point is that you can't feel safe in this hotel. You can't left your things in the room, because they can easily dissapear and you will never see them again. I was lucky it was only bikini, but it's really sad. I'm really dissapointed, alsom from the approach of people working in this hotel - they were pretending they are solving your problem, but I saw they really didn't care.

My advice: if you decide to go there, be careful and try to protect your things!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank evie_es
Angelo B, Direttore at Grand Hotel Azzurra Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2016

Dear Miss Evie,
First of all, thank you for your feedback which, despite what happened, is positive.
Now, we would like to express our point of view. It is not the first time that some guests lose their things – it happens. Anything is found by us or someone else in the area of the hotel or the beach is kept at the reception just in case someone asks for it. If a guest asks for something we did not find, we always do our best to help, given that it is not in our interest to steal things belonging to other people, especially if they are our guests!
When you addressed to Gianni at the reception, not only he told everybody to look for the bikini, but the first solution that came to his mind was to check the laundry, which we all did – after you left, because all the thing happened a little before your check out. Given that nobody found anything nowhere, we called you to let you know.
We finally would like to stress the fact that no guest has ever felt unsafe in our hotel, because nothing has ever disappeared or been stolen neither by our stuff, nor by other guests.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

I was part of a group involved in the Dragonboat Championships & stayed for 9 nights at this hotel in September 2014. The service, staff, meals & rooms were great, the staff helped with several changes that were needed with the bus companies & were highly efficient & friendly. They even arranged for our group to have a separate small dining area & changed meal availability when required.The only small criticism I would have was the lack of on site laundry facilities. The beach was at our door step & the outdoor facilities excellent.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2014

Our team booked this resort for a competition in the area and we couldn't have been more pleased. All the staff went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect from rooms to meals to arranging buses for us. Even when our schedules were changed, they ensured we had early or later dinners and that our buses were rescheduled as well. Nathalie and Mrs Bobo were exemplary in their services. The dinners were always excellent. Perhaps a 3 star hotel but it is 5 star in service.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 2012Apollo13
Reviewed 10 September 2014

My team travelled from Canada to Ravenna to participate in the Club Crew World Dragonboat Championships in Ravenna, Italy. We stayed as a team in the Grand Hotel Azzura Club. The hotel staff was friendly, informative, and very efficient in ensuring our group of 40 - 50 people were comfortable. The staff speaks a wide variety of languages, and we always had someone who could speak English with us, as none of our crew spoke Italian.

Natahlie, at the front desk, arranged our reservations perfectly keeping us together on the first floor. For our meals, we met in a separate room off the dining area. The hotel provided a flip chart for team meetings and announcements so we were able to coordinate team activities well.

The food - if you want to try Italian desserts - this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Rooms have a variety of bed arrangements; twin beds, double bed, and one room with a double and a twin. Clarify what you need before requesting your room(s). They seem able to accommodate any number of rooming arrangements.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

A great location on the beach. Breakfast and dinner included which means that two of our four usually struggle do to gluten and other allergies. But here, the staff went out if their way and made gluten free bread and oh my god the desserts were awesome! Then when we left the car rental company (Alamo sucks) didn't have a car so the hotel again went above and beyond to arrange a private car and driver to Venice! (And at the same cost as the car would of been)... Loved loved loved Azzurra

Stayed: September 2014