1,056 results
All reviews steam room six senses private pool free ice cream sea view villa tropical villa phang nga bay main island executive chef grand marina bathroom area ao por ao po marina grill restaurant main pool guest experience manager small island
Reviewed 5 July 2017

i wrote about this resort 2 years ago and gave it 5 stars then. Nothing has really changed except a few names and faces. now i preface this based on i like to go away with my wife and just relax. do nothing. potter on my computer, constant dips in the pool, eat, watch movies and do the occasional Jet Ski and drink some cocktails. this place is just perfect for that. So setting the ambience......my beach front villa 68 (upgraded due to platinum status) seems secluded from the rest of the resort closest to the Jetty. its tranquil and private. huge block, outhouse, bedrock room, great wifi, fantastic 7 x 2 meter dip pool and enough amenities to not need to be bothered during the day. its just perfect. The Spa was fantastic. i used it 5 days in a row for massages btwn 90-150 minutes and various hard and relaxing massages. they are just fantastic and have great specials for Platinum Guests. the weather mid year is around 27 and still a little balmy but certainly not uncomfortable. few showers occasionally which also added to the mystique. easy day trips to anywhere from here and NOTE YOU ARE AWAY FROM THE MAIN HUSSLE AND BUSTLE OF PHUKET
however let me leave my best for the people.
Firstly NEW Executive Chef John Bruell is amazing. Thank You John. this guy came and spoke to us and almost every other guest every day. "what can i do to make your visit more pleasant". he would cook you up a special storm if you asked (and we did several times). i can't speak more highly enough of John and his support crew. He even brought Vegemite from his personal home collection. "oh i got these on the mainland and thought you may want to try them. hey i cooked up a batch of sausages rolls and wanted you to have a few". What a gun. Without John it certainly would not have been as special. John has also hand selected many local delights and western foods.
NEW Customer Service champ Oliver Constant was like a sponge wanting to do anything he could to help you and learn what he could be doing to make experiences for guests much more delightful! if it wasn't John coming to say hello at breakfast it was Oliver.
Then there is Danielle the Sommelier from Italy. been here a long while now. what a great man.
not to understate many other staff but this crew were standouts. i can't thank them all enough for making our trip fantastic and relaxed!
thank you team. this relaxation would be nothing were it not for you!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sterpo65
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear sterpo65,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a magnificent review!

I believe you have hit the nail on the head describing our tranquil oasis on our blissful island. We very much appreciate highlighting all the details you have, particularly the room, location and ambiance of our resort.

I sourced John personally for the reasons you have mentioned, being such a prestigious and personable chef we knew that he would make such an impact at our resort and delighted to hear that he continues to represents us to the highest standards.

All of our ambassadors care so much about their second home and this has once again shone through, we have passed on your feedback to John, Oliver and Danielle for being such great ambassadors of the hotel and they are very proud to hear it.

We truly appreciate your return as we are being well noted on your preferences with each visit for future visits, our team particularly enjoyed hearing your passions (or should I say learning) on “communication techniques”.

I am looking forwards to meeting you again on your next return!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

What can I tell you, is one of the most wonderful places we have ever been.
We visited the Resort by the end of June with my husband and two daughters 3 and 1 years old)
We stayed at villa number 8 which was very convenient as it was in a very calm area and also close to the restaurantes and pool.

The Villa

Amazing, very spacious, luxury and confortable, Has its own pool, steam room and is full of little details such as inciense, bath gels, body lotions, biscuits, sweets, etc.
Also has a DVD player, actually we enjoyed renting movies and visiting the library.

Activities

We did almost all the activities available with my elder daughter like
gel candle making
Welcoming flower bracelet with the lovely lady Cake
Batik t shirt making with the help of Beer who was ver patient.
Balloon making
Thai cooking lessons.
With my husband we enjoyed great thai massages done by Nah who was very professional and kind.
Also we had a couple of yoga lessons by the Master Hod which were very inspiring, we enjoyed a lot the practice and the incredible view.
There is also a children playroom where the girls played every day before dinner and two amazing swings on the beach.

The restaurantes

The most fantastic food and service, The kitchen is run by the Executive Chef Jonathan Bruel was one of the best and favourites places of the hotel.
He gave us the most outstanding service, he even prepared baby food purees for my little one. He was after every detail always a step ahead of what we need.

We also met the most lovely people Yeen; Kwanh and Dan at the restaurant who were very helpful and nice specially with our daughters, my apologies for all the mess they did.

We are very thankful with Noi, Oliver and Daniele who were very welcoming and gave us and invaluable advice on many different things to do in the resort and in mainland.

Do you want to know if I recommend this place?

HIGHLY, the most wonderful place and people a week is not enough, the moment you step in the island you dont want to leave..

The only bad thing is that every time we will be travelling somewhere else we will be comparing it with the Luxury Resort Spa and any other place will not be as good as this one.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mariaevamateo

Dear Mariaevamateo,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review!

We are particularly glad of your highlights in regards to the Villa, Food and Beverage, sport activity and family activities.

Thank you for mentioning several of our team ambassadors’ names, we have shared this feedback to them and they are delighted to be hearing your praises and proud of the service we have been able to provide to you. We truly believe our people are our biggest asset and we are thrilled to see that in knowing that, our ambassadors continue to provide such brilliant experiences to our guests.

We are looking forwards to welcoming you and your family back in the near future and please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Service was impeccable. Food was great! And loved the hammock and swing on the beach. Also as spg members we got a free upgrade so that was great!
The atmosphere was really nice but when one enters the room they would probably was to leave nature outside. We had many millipedes (at least 5) and a spider in the two nights we were there. After a while we just ignored the mosquitos cause we had bigger things to worry about. Also the bathroom isn't completely indoor they need to add windows.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ekn2b2013

Dear ekn2b2013,

We are delighted to hear that generally you had an amazing stay! Particularly about the service, furthermore we are glad you loved our little beach resort touches such as the hammock swing.

For the insects, we hope that none of the critters took anything away from your overall experience and memories from our resort. We do put preventative measures in place to combat these and trust that our mosquito net surrounding our luscious comforting bed still resulted with slumber sleeps. We do have teams on standby at all time in order to assist for any such matter.

We do hope that having such an amazing experience will entice you to return again, and I look forwards to being able to meet you if that is the case.

In the mean time, if there is anything the team or myself can do in order to be of your assistance then please do let us know!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We stayed at the resort on a recommendation of our daughter , only 3 nights. (not enough). The resort is located on the exotic island of the Andaman Sea 10 minutes away by private boat from from Ao Por Grand Marina.
Marina is a 25-minute drive to Phuket International Airport.
We stayed in the Tropical Pools Villa, with private garden and own swimming pool.
The villa was beautifully decorated with huge king size bed, very comfy. Z Bar, the best place to see sunset, Tonsai restaurant with Thai and International cuisines.
Free rental bicycles. Excellent place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Erich F, General Manager at The Naka Island, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear Ania24,

Thank you for your kind feedback further to your recent stay at The Naka Island a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket.

I am happy to hear that you had a relaxing holiday in our resort. Your descriptive words regarding the facilities are greatly appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcome you back for a longer stay in the near future. Next time, don't miss the private long tail boat trips for a more indigenous and more memorable experience. Please feel free to contact me for any queries you may have.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I cannot express in words how stunning the villa is. We stayed in a tropical view villa. Privacy of each villa is fantastic and we were treated by the staff as if we had booked the most exclusive of the villas. Nothing was too much trouble. I was a little worried we would feel cut off from the mainland but transport by speedboat was available whenever we requested it. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and my 50th birthday, it was a perfect location for us as enough activities and trips to make our stay perfect. Might not be lively enough for a younger couple unless on honeymoon but a trip to busier Phuket town was also easy and staff very helpful to assist with our trips. We had our own long boat for our trips organised by the section by the pool. Would highly recommend this as it meant you didn't have to travel in a large boat with lots of other people and we chose what time to leave snorkelling or the islands trip. Ours felt so much better than watching the very busier tour operator trips!
All the staff were fantastic, but. I would particularly like to mention Oliver, new to guest experiences and I'm sure will prove to be an asset to the resort. Jonathan the chef, Yeen, Sky, Rose and Jusmin and the gentlemen who worked at the pool and organised our trips but sorry I didn't catch his name. It was noticed round the pool when he wasn't there!
It is with a very heavy heart that we have to leave and would return in a flash if we can. Thank you

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear samanthacD3902YD,

I appreciate you writing us an earnest feedback of your recent long-stay at The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa, Phuket. Thank you for choosing our resort for a very special celebration of you 25th anniversary and your 50th birthday.

It was a real pleasure having you in our resort and spa and I am happy my team was able to meet and exceed your expectations. I agree that private long tail boats are much more convenient, comfortable and personalized compared to big group trips offered on Phuket. Your compliments for our team members are highly appreciated. They were so pleased you have remembered a number of them.

The whole team of The Naka Island will be waiting for your return. Please feel free to contact me for any assistance you may require.

Kind regards,