Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
$212
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 Jun
Dave W

Excellent stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Apr 2019via mobile
Sorry it took so long to do this. Stayed in Feb this year. Have to say this hotel is the best kept secret in Grenada.
Hotel is good spotlessly clean and rooms well maintained.
Staff to die for. Wonderful people from Mr W the owner to Maria his daughter and all others whose names I cannot remember.
Was made welcome introduced to many locals who made us feel part of family. Even made me forget Virgin lost my luggage for 4 days.
Will be back
    $1,045
  • eDreams
0.6 km from Point Salines Hotel
Free parking
Hanging by the pool trying to pick up wifi.
    $212
0.0 km from Point Salines Hotel
Pool
View more hotels in Grand Anse
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2016

I stayed for 4 nights, March 8-12th 2016, upon my arrival i waited at the front desk for about 10 mins before i finally decided to walk further in to find someone to take me to my room. Im not a materialistic person so most things that bother people don't bother me.There was a clean bed and a moderately clean room with warm water and a mini kitchen. Every morning there were about 4-6 employees cleaning the hotel mopping the floors and knocking everyones doors asking if they needed any service done to their rooms.

When it rains the tv signal goes in and out a little to often.

The pool was moderately clean-water was warm, the pool area was clean and the chairs and tables were clean as well.

There was free wifi how ever it was very scarce in my room (room 203). I either had to stay really close to my room door or go out near the pool. Kind of annoying to be honest.

One night (Wednesday night) i came back into the hotel to find about 7-10 men playing what seemed to be dominos or some game of that sort. This I've realized is a night ritual in Grenada so it didn't really bother me, they were really quiet. Music was playing as well and that was really low not bothersome at all.

The reason for the 3 stars is because i come to Grenada very often by myself and i have family out here that are some what poor, so i take my little cousins and let them stay with me at my hotels take them out to eat and basically treat them like my kids for the time I'm in Grenada. A guy I've seen around grenada driving a bus dropped me to my hotel one night and tried to hit on me but i ignored him didn't give him my number or anything. One morning he came to my hotel and ask the front desk "What room is the girl staying in with all those kids". NOT ONLY DID THEY TELL HIM WHAT ROOM I WAS IN THEY GAVE HIM THE PHONE TO CALL MY ROOM. I don't fully think they understand privacy, i felt what they did was very dangerous on my behalf. I did not feel safe there after that. I did not say anything to management. I do however have an aunt that works with the government in grenada i put the matter into her hands, i feel like she will handle it better than me.

Room tip: Choose room closer to main desk for stronger wifi-let the front desk know your not expecting any guest.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank chrystelj
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Family stayed for 2 weeks. Hotel Manager Maria appeared to have little knowledge of hospitality vague and aloof.

The reception area with no visual room rates displayed. We later established rates were dependant on who took the initial booking.

Furnishings 'tired', blinds broken, books magazines and leaflets out of date. A shop on site, once active now an abandoned eyesore.

We asked about breakfast and informed of a chef on hand.....later to establish that the chef know as 'Dirty Bump' was inappropriate for the task.

No reception staff in the evenings or at weekend, although the elderly owner and elderly brother/Caretaker a pleasent toothless gentleman often seen shuffling around the grounds the locals called him 'Uncle'. Both reside in rooms on the premises and can be contacted in the event of an emergency!

We could only see one Housekeeper on site, she was vague and abrupt when we reported no water to take a shower one morning.

On our stay we encountered a big party on the grounds with revellers everwhere including DJ's and a large sound system, with music ongoing for hours. In the morning there was litter everywhere including in and around the pool which was left for days, and strangers in and out of rooms in the wee hours. We were not notified of this event, in fact we also found out the hotel was renowned to be hired out for local events such as parties; weddings and concerts throughout the year (SUCH EVENTS SHOULD BE PUBLISHED TO THE COMSUMER).

There was probably only 2 rooms occupied by guests thoughout the entire.

Visited again August 2015 found repainted in some areas and young ladies wiping walls, but pretty much the same.

Overall a poor hotel, badly managed, overpriced and tired.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Theresa G
Reviewed 27 April 2015

I have just returned from a weeks stay in this awful hotel and have to say that the only redeeming features that it has are that the beds are surprisingly comfortable and that it is close to the airport! We went over to watch the cricket and as a result of that event being on, they more than doubled the room rate! During our stay, there were two full days when there was no running water at all - nothing for washing, sanitation, shower etc and when we complained, the manager simply shrugged her shoulders, offered no apology and just said that 'this is the Carribean'!! We had breakfast in the hotel once and it was awful, over-priced rubbish. Some of the rooms were infested with giant ants and on our penultimate day, the cleaners went through our stuff and for no apparent reason decided to throw away important sentimental documents - again, the manager just shrugged it off and did nothing! If you want a hotel that will help to sour your memory of this beautiful island, this is the place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
10  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Point Salines Hotel could be a gem if it were better cared for. A little landscaping on the spacious grounds would go a long way, although the grass is neatly cut. The room smelled like fresh paint and the window wouldn't stay open.The door locks don't give one a sense of security in a neighborhood that seems questionably safe. It was clean enough but the shower didn't work at first, and required unusual patience for hot water to appear. The decor is typical of the cheaper accommodations in Grenada: utterly lacking. There are white tile floors and a tacky wooden bed frame. The owners are quite friendly and accommodating - their 14 year old son gave us a guided walk through the neighborhood to find ice cream- although our wake up call the next morning was that of a toothless man rapping extremely hard on our door. It's a two minute drive from the airport but the cab drivers charge $25 EC, despite my hard bargaining Israeli girlfriend's negotiating tactics. You could probably walk to the airport in 15- 20 minutes.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Upsidedowncowboy
Reviewed 13 January 2014

With 85 US$ I stayed for 01 night in this hotel. The main advantage they have is to be located near to the airport. The service is great and also they have a pool, but they don't have breakfast included and no Restaurant inside the hotel. The place is secure and you can find alternatives around taking the bus downtown. Inside the room you have Air Conditioner, Cable TV, Wi-Fi, Cold/Hot Water, mini fridge, Boiler water to make tea (included with sugar in the room). It's a quiet a nice place to stay for one night or two if you need to be quick in the airport.

Date of stay: January 2014