All reviewsdvd playerwould stay againtop floorstayed for nightschaweng
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Budget hotel done well. Lovely little place with nice helpful staff. Rooms are big and clean with plenty of room. They also have a pool which I was the only person at each time I went. They can help give you advice on local places to eat and trips ect. They also run a free DVD rental which is good if you have had a long day walking about and just want to chill out.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Global363073
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I once again returned to my friends at the Amarin and once again had a wonderful time.
The ladies at reception, breakfast, information and the cleaning staff were always chatty and polite.
Had my favourite room again overlooking the coconut garden and look forward so much to returning for a seventh time next year.

Room Tip: Peaceful setting and the most wonderful staff and terrific management.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2016

My expectation for a last booking were not very high, however, the staff and management nevertheless did not meet my very low benchmark. I arrived late and asked the hotel if they had a pick up service. They sent a driver that drove recklessly and way to fast in the rain. They were no accommodating to basic needs (e.g. fixing the broken air-conditioning). They were very rude and spoke English well only when the needed to charge for something. Overall, the quality of service was low, the amenities were poor, and the location was inconvenient and loud.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stayed here for 4 nights (i think) and it was wonderful. The Staff is nice and always willing to help you. The Top-Floor Pool is good for relaxing after a scooter ride on Koh Samui :) All in all i stay here again.

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

This hotel is located on a very busy and hectic road which is fine if you want to use a motorbike but not so good if, like us, you want to walk places. There are no footpaths and it feels unsafe to walk to the beach or local restaurants.
The reception area of the hotel is nice and the staff are friendly and welcoming.
The room was ok but with a few problems including leaky air con at 3am, poor wifi and generally quite dull decor (which I think is supposed to be modern).
The photos on the hotel website do not reflect the hotel. There is no restaurant/bar on the 5th floor - this now seems to be a big laundry area as Amarin also run a commercial laundry service as well. We could hear the noise from the laundry vans from our room and the elevator almost always had staff transporting laundry which meant you had to wait to use it.

The hotel is just ok but I think there are much nicer places to stay for the same price or less on Koh Samui.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple