All reviews smaller pool grand deluxe air con hotel owner swimming pools are cleaning staff low season nice beach buffet style walking street thai food stayed longer pool side beach front thailand resort cereal
Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is the hotel we wished we had booked! Although we actually stayed at the hotel next door, we did take a look at the rooms and the amenities offered here and found everything very much to our liking. As promised, this one really does have beach access and massages available just steps away right on the beach!! Plus there are 3 pools to accommodate the 44 rooms on site as well as ample parking, which was sorely lacking next door- I’d definitely stay here on my next visit to the island. This is a convenient location- just minutes from 2 different piers for water activities and close to a local night market that offers restrarants and shopping.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Super Friendly and helpful staff.
Laundry service on site is efficient and inexpensive.
Easy walk from behind the reception to a busy little street with a good selection of restaurants and shops.
5 minutes to a fresh food daily market.
The property and room were always clean and tidy.
The manager, Bum, was excellent and always around to help.
Three nice pools to cool off in.
Would recommend for the price they charge.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The location is absolutely perfect - right on the beach and beside walking street, where there is a market on Thursday nights. The rooms are lovely - clean and well-maintained and nicely decorated. I started in a suite but the entrance was really close to the big pool and people passed by really close to the door to get to and from their rooms. It also meant I couldn't sit out next to the pool. It got noisy too, with children splashing and dive bombing. My second room was a room only looking over the smaller pool. This was much better, more private and with an allocated sitting out area.

Breakfasts were ok - an egg station, and sausage, ham and bacon. Two fruit types and juice, cereals.

My only gripe is that I asked for a late check out as I was leaving at 3pm. I was told I'd have to pay almost the nightly rate in order to do so. They wouldn't give me even an extra hour. This would have been fine if they needed the room but as I was leaving the resort at 3pm I saw that the room hadn't even been cleaned yet, so it would have been nothing for them to have allowed me access to it until I was leaving.

However, I'd definitely stay there again. The beds on the beach were the comfiest I've experienced, basically big rectangular bean bags. And for animals lovers there's a friendly little cat whom you'll hear before you see!

Room Tip: Get a room by the smaller pool - quieter and more private
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Aberlour102014
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We were so happy to stay again at Florist hotel where we already stayed there 6 years ago in 2012. As we had a great time , we've decided to stay there again. A few months ago I contacted the hotel to book my holiday in Kho Samui. after fews email, we (the hotel and us) agreed to have 5 rooms for 14 persons (10 adults & 4 kids). we requested them to have 2 rooms for 4 persons without any extra charge if the room had only 3 beds! The manager, Mr Sukrid confirmed me that all was ok with him and that the 2 rooms for 4 persons will have 4 beds without any extra charge.
When we arrived on the saturday 17/02 the 2 rooms for 4 persons were only had 3 beds!!! I asked Mr Sukrid to bring us the extra bed and he said that we had to pay for the extra bed!!!! ... I showed him all the emails and as we already paid the rooms, he did not want to bring us bed if we did not want to pay!!! now we were blocked here for 13 nights already paid and 2 beds is missing!!!!
I tried to be as nice as possible but Mr Sukrid did not make any effort to resolve the problem!!! well he will as he already has our money and we can't change to another hotel!!!!

I really not RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!

I really love Thailand as I come here almost every year for past 20 years and it is the first time I have such a bad experience!
PS on top of everything, the internet connection is very very bad...

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The facility needs a complete overhaul, looks like it hasn't been updated in 20 years. The shower had one temperature, boiling hot, which was unsuitable for our two babies. The grounds were not kept well, the white walls of the building greying and dirty. Upon arrival I was told the required extra bed I paid for when booking online was unnecessary. So I asked to be reimbursed for the 550b, which they refused. They then said a late check out would be an additional 500b (even after it was determined I was overcharged by more than this amount). The airport transfer? Another 500b. I then asked them to please book us two adult boat tickets and instead of doing that, they insisted I pay half price for my two children, when I know the boat policy is free for children under 130cm. They were trying to charge us as much as they could to earn their commission. Repulsive behavior. I refused, went to the pier myself and of course only was charged for two adults. Save your money and go anywhere else. Awful experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family