Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
StayForLong
All reviews bowling alley outdoor pool sky bar garden cafe sunset inn steam room family holiday static caravan half term on site shop central heating dance floor crazy golf sofa bed soft play tennis courts long weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are regular visitors to Stanwix. we arrived 2hours early but our apartment t was ready so we got the keys which is was a great start to our weekend.
we had a 2 bedroom apartment for me, the wife and 2 boys.
The apartment was fresh and clean not a spot of dirt and I looked. the kitchen had every utensil you would need along with pans and plenty of plates cups glasses.
I would prefer curtains to blinds that said the blinds were a fresh look for this year.
we only had breakfast and lunchin our apartment. In the evening we got takeaway from the on site cafe and took into the venue. The pizzas where a miss this year. I must admit there was not a lot of choice but it was all great and tasty.
Brad,Liam and Graham are all fantastic entertainers and its clear they are great friends and it shows in their work.
The mix of entertainment in the evening is brilliant for the whole family to enjoy.
The bar is well stocked and is normally bar prices not holiday park prices.
We bowled twice at £5 a person and the bowling area is awesome.
there is an arcade which is dated now but small children enjoy it.
we didn't play snooker or pool or visit the upstairs bars as they are adult only which is OK adults need space too.
we were lucky to get into the outside pool for the first time on this visit. The outside area was very clean as well as the pool. At its deepest it is 2m and shallow end is 1m with a raised toddler part. it was cool for a min but after a splash with kids it was great.
indoor pool was busy but not cramped with a kiddy slide and water sprays. we didn't use the spa or sauna or foot spa but the power showers were good.even though it was busy there was changing rooms available and the floor was clean unlike other holiday parks.
I would like to see more daytime activities available as we are local we don't go off site sight seeing.
Brads animals are amazing and great to see.
Graham's magic show always amazing me and I never figure his tricks out.
we saw a singer called Mandy who was great and another duo who were also good.
Home from home see you Halloween weekend.

Room tip: pack light the rooms have everything.maybe pack spare pillows they are thin
1  Thank leighfiona
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Another year of staycations, so I chose Stanwix for our August holiday.
Park itself has fantastic indoor pool, slide, steam room & sauna, jacuzzi was closed, heated loungers, my teenagers loved it. A small gym & viewing gallery on the next level. It had the usual arcades which we didn't try and a bowling alley too.
The best bit for me was the choice of 3 clubs in the evening, two were for 16+ which was great for us as we really didn't want to sit listening to bingo & screaming kids, no offence but I've had my fill with my two growing up so it was really great to get away from that on a caravan park.
The entertainment was excellent, the best I've seen at this kind of place. We went to one bar twice, watching a fantastic group of 4 men singing Motown, I was told by a group of lovely caravan owners, they normally do cruise ships and really were extra special. Every was up dancing but my husband or grumpy teenagers wouldn't get up with me!Another night they had on a local regular, we went down to the family bar & watched a really good female singer on downstairs. Also watched a great guy in the sky bar, playing guitar too, ( spud?) he had everyone singing along.
Silloth itself is very quiet, a few nice beaches, only a couple of pubs with another that just opens at the weekend. A nice wall around the green & promenade though and the fish & chips on the corner was so nice we went twice.
We went to Maryport, Cockermouth & Carlise, all about 30 min drive. We drove out to Allonby, to a place called Jack's surf bar for tea, it was recommended, a wasted trip, they need to change their social media page as dogs no longer allowed!
I highly recommend Stanwix, and great to hear it is family run, we met some of the owners here and they all said how much they loved coming & that the entertainment was always brilliant.

1  Thank janetbI4687CF
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked family break through hoseasons back in July. For a family unit including my toddler granddaughter. Nothing mentioned about being over 25! Today the park cancelled my booking- then the lady I spoke to put the phone down. Asked for a manager to ring me back- still waiting!! Shocking treatment-

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed Mon-Friday in August. The site is very small with the main attraction being the indoor pool which is lovely. The outdoor pool wasn't open as often as stated even when the weather was sunny and warm! The pool itself was freezing though and it would need to be a hot day for it to be comfortable to use.

I have to say that we were very surprised and disappointed that there was no where to eat on site. There is a very small cafe where you can get basic snacks and drinks (but it's really expensive!) and despite Covid rules being relaxed now, you couldn't eat at the tables. It was take away only.

The crazy golf was all overgrown and in need of some attention to make it appealing to use.

All in all, the site was clean and our caravan (Diamond) was nice with everything we needed. If you are looking for a basic site as a base to go exploring the Lakes or Scottish borders, its fine.

Although we've enjoyed our break I don't think it would be a holiday park we'd visit again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Just back from our third holiday here. Absolutely brilliant! I have a 12 and 10 year old and theres plenty for them to do. Bowling, arcades, swimming, entertainment activities, so we were kept busy every day. We even got to use the outdoor pool as weather was nice. Evening entertainment is fantastic, we joined in with the bingo every night and bar prices are really reasonable. All the staff are very helpful, nothing's a bother. Already looking into booking for next year!

1  Thank Departure746063