Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from The Dive Academy tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience The Dive Academy
from US$100.40
from US$125.50
from US$580.30
from US$150.60
More Info
All reviews koh tao sail rock open water diving experience marine life shark island these guys boat crew fun diving professional outfit bat fish whole team days diving mango bay big thanks every step of the way great instructor
Reviewed 26 October 2018

I couldn't have picked a better dive school to do my Divemaster Course with. Exceptionally all staff is very kind and friendly. I have spent four weeks in Koh Samui doing my training. Everything went very well with even having a few days off.

Seeing it from the professional side, as I am a Divemaster now, I would say that the Dive Academy is doing everything possible to make every day enjoyable and memorable for divers and snorkelers. Under water you can be sure that your instructor is well trained and always looking out for you.
If you're thinking of doing your first professional steps here I can recommend the Dive Academy 100 percent.

Thank you very much for making this month so special!

Date of experience: September 2018
Paul M, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Hi Theresa,

It's great for us to receive a review from a now fellow professional and it was a real pleasure having you with us for 1 month. You really are a credit to the diving industry and we hope that your new diving career takes you to all the places you want to go, you are going to make a great Pro!

Claire & Paul

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I went on a Discover Scuba Diving to Sail Rock and it was simply amazing. I enjoyed the two 45 min dives thoroughly and my guide was very helpful. My wife did not take part in the DSD but was able to join us on the boat and enjoied it as well. Couple of days later we went on the second trip with The Dive Academy to visit the Angthong National Park and what a trip. We had planned to visit Angthong but did not know they offered a trip like that as well. Even though it was probably somewhat more expensive it was worth every Baht. Being in a smaller group with helpful and knowledgable people was great. Sophie and Athien (hope it is spelled correctly) were great guides and showed us some very nice spots for snorkeling.

Date of experience: October 2018
Paul M, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Hi Orn,

Thank you for your great review and it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. A DSD and Angthong would be 2 great new experiences here in Thailand and we are fortunate to have shown you both!

We will pass on your feedback to Sophie & Etienne!

The Dive Academy

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

Sophie brought me out to some really cool spots and made everything simple and safe for my intro to freediving.
With ten years of experience she has lots of tips and a great understanding, almost second nature to her. Such a fun and lovely person too!

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your great review of your Freediving experience with Sophie and we're glad you had an amazing time learning something new!

The Dive Academy

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and i were diving with the Team of „The Dive Academy“ from October 6th 2018 through October 11th. In Total we took 10 dives on five tours.

After a warm welcome at the office we selected the rental equipment and then we started the next day.

On Board of their perfectly maintained speedboat we already found our rental gear set up.

After a quick transfer to the „Sail Rock“ site we started our dives with Heath a dive guide from the academy . He pointed out all interesting things and animals to see.
We were impressed as he gave us an extra level of comfort by constantly checking our status and having an extra eye on safety.

This is something you might encounter everywhere at the Dive Academy.
All People from the dive Academy have an Eye on Standards such as Buddy Check, clear Communication under water and double checks of their perfectly maintained equipment.

We are multiple certified divers and had the impression that they provide perfect service to every level of experience a diver could have.
As well they are certifying Instructors.

As we were diving later with Claire we experienced the same high standards and were impressed by her deep knowledge of the dive sites and the underwater species around.

The Boatcrew was always helpful and always had a hand when e.g. a bottle of air was to lift.
Not to mention the delicious Thai Food and the Softdrinks that were provided on every trip we took with them.

All in all we are still enthused by this great experience and would recommend it to everyone to dive with them when on Koh Samui.
No matter if you are an experienced diver or a beginner. You are in good Hands and treated by real professionals.

What they couldn’t influence directly but what happend at the last Tour we took was that two Whalesharks showed up ! A great experience!

Dear Claire, Heath and Paul,
Thanks for the wonderful dives we had with you ! If we once come back we’ll be on your Boat again!

Date of experience: October 2018
Paul M, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Hi Kay,

Wow what an amazing review! It was a pleasure diving with you and Sandra at Koh Tao and Sail Rock and it's always great to hear feedback from experienced divers who know what to look for in a diving operation. Safety is always our priority as well as the customer service and ensuring we can show you as much as possible including Whale Sharks!

We look forward to seeing you back on Samui!

Claire

Reviewed 3 October 2018

My wife and I scheduled a last minute night dive to Sail Rock and I'm sure glad we did. We had been on the the neighboring Island of Koh Tao doing some dive training along with a fair amount of fun diving for the last couple of months. We decided to take a four day trip over to Koh Samui for a change of scenery without plans to dive at all. After arriving on Koh Samui we contacted the Dive Academy just to say hi and possibly meet the staff since we had actually talked to them several months prior regarding the instructor courses they offer but never booked with them. However, we really liked the interaction we had with them back then. Paul invited us to a night dive for the next night to Sail Rock and even though we didn't bring any of our own equipment we decided to go ahead and do it since Paul convinced us the rental equipment was good. When we arrived in the afternoon Paul and Claire greeted us with the utmost hospitality as did the rest of the staff. They immediately set us up with the shop equipment which was surprisingly nice. The BCD's were in excellent condition, the masks were clean and the fins fit good with good straps. I've seen plenty of other shops equipment and I would be apprehensive about going under water with it. Needless to say, The Dive Academy equipment was a pleasure to use. We then boarded a VERY nice speedboat and headed to the dive site located 50 minutes away and enjoyed the company of some really nice staff and customers while having some refreshments that were provided. Once at the dive site the professional staff made sure all of our equipment was ready to go and we went in and had an amazing dive. It was an amazing dive. We saw way more than I could ever mention in this review. It was epic. In between dives we enjoyed a nice Thai dinner served on the boat and then did the night dive. Again, too much to mention. I can say this though, of my 15 years of diving that 1 night to Sail Rock with was probably my best diving experience ever. Thanks again Paul and Claire for inviting us out with you!

Date of experience: September 2018
Paul M, Owner at The Dive Academy, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Hi Eric,

It was a pleasure to meet you guys and have you join us for one of our night dives at Sail Rock and it's great to hear how it was your best diving experience ever! As experienced certified divers, you know what to look for and what is good and bad so thank you for highlighting some of these key things like equipment, the boat and the professionalism of the staff. The whole team works very hard to offer the best experience so thank you for your feedback.

Hopefully we'll get to dive with you again in not too distant a future. Best of luck with all of your future plans.

Regards,