See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2014

After my short stay at Charm Churee Resort in Koh Tao I decided to stay here as it is close to the pier and I was looking for a quiet place rather than heading into the madness of Chaweng. I opted for the Ocean suite (the biggest suite) even though I was travelling alone. It was very spacious indeed with a huge balcony overlooking the bay and you could even see Koh Phangan and the Big Buddha. The weather wasn’t that great, thus I spent most of my time relaxing, watching TV and surfing the net. (Wifi is provided free of charge by the way). My suite had all the amenities I needed and the staff was really very kind (especially Tanya) and all spoke very good English. What makes this place special is the quiet location right on the beach (there are no big hotels around, so the beach is very deserted most of the time) and the excellent food which is served in the restaurant downstairs. Breakfast is prepared to order and therefore as fresh as it can be, just tell any of the staff what you like the evening before and voila, the next morning it’s on your table. I took some short clips with my GoPro cam, will post them on You Tube soon. Can only recommend this place, and of cause I will be back (albeit only next year). Thank you everyone again.

Room Tip: The big one with ocean view!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank mrmango12
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed over the new year holidays in 2013 with my wife, this is a return for us as we stayed here before! We just love it here, walk on the beach in the morning, evening cocktails overlooking the beach. Excelent food each evening prepared meticulously by Chef Owner Bernd.
Our room (The Ocean Suite) has all the amenities you would need and with a very spacious balcony over looking the sea!
This must be one of the most relaxing place i have experienced on the beach!
The attentive staff made our stay most comfortable with their great service.
We must recommend this residence, it is fo us our home away from home.
Free Wifi, great room, beautifull home away.

Room Tip: Must ask for the Oceam Suite.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BusinessT666
Bernd S, Owner at Ocean 11 Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Business T,
Thank you for your kind message and review.
You have indeed had the nicest (and biggest) suite, the other ones however are equally nice, albeit a bit smaller. We will upload the new pictures as soon as we have taken new shots of the entire property. We are also delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our culinary offering pleased you equally.
Thank you once again and whenever you plan your next trip, please do make Ocean Residence your 'home away from home".
With best personal regards and sincere wishes for a healthy and successful new year 2014, I remain,
Bernd

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Newly renovated suites, perfect for couples and small families, excellent restaurant attached to it.
Pity about the weather. We were the first guests after the renovation. Only 15 minutes to Chaweng Beach and 7 minutes to airport.

Room Tip: Take the Ocean Suite
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor D D

Dear Trevor D D
Thank you Trevor for writing a nice comment for us.
As you have seen, all suites are newly renovated and we will soon post more appropriate pictures of the residence as well. Just need to take a few with better weather.
I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed their stay and whenever you return to Samui, just send us a quick note and we would be delighted to welcome you back.
All the best for now and thank you again for the bottle of wine for Christmas.
Bernd

Reviewed 24 June 2009

Ocean 11 Residence is a hidden gem. The location could be a million miles away from the craziness of Chaweng and other hotspots yet is only a short taxi drive away.

The restuarant is one of the best on the island serving superb western and Thai dishes in a classy, relaxed beachfront setting. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and dedicated and the rooms are extremely good value for money with a very nice lounge and free internet access. Bernd, the German Owner, is extremely helpful and welcoming and very knowledgable of the area and indeed the tourism business should you develop a business interest.

The beach was unbelivably almost deserted apart from a few thai fishermen during our stay so perfect for a romantic chill-out. The main road can supply you with many meal options and neccessities and also car/bike hire for exploring the island. Located very close to the main tour piers on the island, access to Ang Thong and Ko Phangan is easy and cheap.

I saw a lot of the island during my 5 nights stay and would honestly not recommend any other location or hotel - get there quick before it gets discovered!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ph_Dilly
Reviewed 21 December 2008

I was here as part of a group of people who attended a wedding. The Bride stayed here before and made the booking for me back in November. The wedding took place at another location (Tamarind Villa) as Ocean 11 is too small to accommodate 20+ people. There are only 6 rooms and I was fortunate enough to stay here with some other guys of our group. Locationwise it cannot be faulted (though it is hard to find), right on the beach which appeared to be deserted. The weather was great even though I was told it is monsoon season. My room was downstairs and had an adjacent lounge area with flatscreen TV and computer terminal. The room was not big, but very clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The owner (Bernhard) told me that the residence is pretty new and only in operation since August this year. The seaview room, unfortunately it was occupied, is the best of the lot with private deck chairs on the balcony. We had dinner there with the whole group and it must have been one of the best I have ever had. The restaurant I guess is more famous than the resort as it is open for much longer already.
We had an excellent deal for the rooms, but even the rates on their website are perfectly acceptable I guess.
All in all a great time, only thing missing is a pool, then it would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)