“Amazing Diving Adventure ”

Cairns Premier Reef & Island Tours
Ranked #5 of 8 things to do in Edge Hill
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I went on the Great Barrier Reef Cruise with their amazing crew and I had an awesome day! Even though the weather was not ideal and the sea a bit rough the knowledgeable guides manage to give me an outstanding experience on the Reef.
It was my first proper scuba dive and Sophia made sure I had an incredible time!
I felt completely safe while she showed me Turtles, Sharks, Nemos ❤️ and sooooo many other fish! I’m definitely hooked on diving now ☺️ thank you so much!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My bf and I wanted to try snorkeling and scuba diving for the first time, and the Great Barrier Reef seemed like just the place to do that. While I understand that a tour operator needs to run at a reasonably full capacity to maintain profitability, I was disappointed that the boat was as full as it was. There were seats enough for everyone, but barely. We were not given medical information and liability release forms until we were boarding the boat, but I had not expected any issues at all, given that we had none of the "obvious" medical conditions outlined ahead of time as being contraindications to diving (heart conditions, recent surgery, etc.) After a crew member made me fill out the form twice, saying that I had not checked the boxes neatly enough the first time (I had clearly marked NO and not YES beside each medical condition listed, but whatever), she noticed that I had checked YES next to the generic question about being on any medications. I take a few medications not related to any life-threatening conditions, which is information I was certainly willing to honestly disclose to them for my own safety, but what happened next was very disturbing. I was asked to provide details for each medication, including dosage (I had not brought this information with me) and was interviewed *In Front Of The Other Passengers* about why I was taking each of these medications. After this humiliating experience, I was informed that a doctor would be consulted about whether or not I would be allowed to dive. An hour or so later, the crew member told me that the doctor said I could not dive, but I was given no details as to which medication(s) or medical condition(s) specifically was a contraindication to diving. I was told I could receive a refund for the dives, but would need to work with the travel agency to obtain it. I was permitted to snorkel, which was a relief, but when it came time to do so, both my bf and myself, as well as other passengers, had substantial difficulties in finding equipment that fit correctly and had all the correct pieces attached. After a traumatizing first experience with an ill-fitting mask, I did return to the water after being fitted by a more conscientious crew member. This experience was better, so I was able to get a few glimpses of the coral. My bf did enjoy his diving experience, the food on the boat was okay, the crew was generally friendly, and the glass-bottom boat was fun and gave the best view of giant clams and other fish. I can't say I recommend this company, but I also haven't been on a reef tour with any other companies to give a fair comparison. I'm awarding 3 stars instead of just 2, since there were some positive aspects of our day on the reef.

2  Thank 531ame
Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

A wonderful trip made even better by Vanessa, one of the crew. She went above and beyond to insure that we had a great trip!

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

This was by far my favourite activity i did in cairns. I cannot recommend this crew/company enough. They were so friendly and accommodating and help and encourage you every step of the way. They totally understand how scuba diving can be a bit scary for first timers and they offer one on one tuition/attention in the water before the big dive.they understand that you've paid money to do the dive and they really don't want you to miss out. Amy on board was excellent and without a shadow of a doubt i don't think i would have been brave enough to dive if it wasn't for her and the crew. She was understanding and encouraging and made me feel at ease.Breakfast and lunch and snacks were all provided and were perfect and great quality. They pack so much into the day and you get a great understanding of the reef. Scuba diving/snorkeling is a must for everyone especially with this company!!!