27 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$206
FindHotelUS$192
ZenHotels.com
2,705 results
All reviews quiet pool quiet zone superior room running track half board kids pool gran canaria evening buffet filini restaurant modern hotel pool bar great facilities kids club bed and breakfast sun loungers fantastic hotel five star hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

We are a family of 2 adults and children aged 16 and 10. We really enjoyed our stay here and I would like to highlight some of the positives.

We had a family room, which was 2 superior rooms with interlocking doors and they overlooked the pool. They were clean and modern and very spacious. The 2 big balconies were great too. The beds were very comfortable.

There was a lovely overall atmosphere in the hotel. A good mixture of nationalities and no big groups.

The half board option worked well for us. You can swap your evening meal for a lunch credit so we alternated each day. There was a large selection at the breakfast buffet and it was fresh and tasty. In the evening they had themes so it wasn’t the same every night. The drinks service in the restaurants was friendly and efficient.

We all enjoyed the pools and I used the gym a couple of times. It would have been nice to use the outdoor sports facilities but at 30 degrees it was too hot for us to exercise outdoors.

We loved Port Mogan. It’s a short walk down to the beach. Plenty of restaurants to choose from there. The marina is beautiful. Lots more restaurants serving delicious food. Would definitely go back.

I would recommend this resort to families.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2021

We stayed here for a week in August this year and I can honestly say the buffet was the best I have ever been to. It was outstanding and blew us away. There was no expense spared and it wasnt so much " I wonder if they have that?" it was " where is it and if its not out they will make it/ get it for me"
The rooms are lovely (although the doorways were a bit dirty and some of the walls had stains) and the loungers and patios/ balconys were amazing.
We were in the block over the adult pool and it was silent.
The receptionists were good and the staff were all lovely.
The pools are really good and the lifegaurds keep control especailly in the 'quiet' pool. We were halfboard and as I said the breakfast and evening buffets were outstanding. Fresh prawns, salmon, meats and always a huge variety. I also liked their attitude to Covid and everyone was made to sanitise their hands on entry.
I f I had to find a negative it would be the distance to the port. This is a 10-5 minute walk and in the heat it was hard work. But..once there the port is spectular and if I ever return to Gran Canaria, it will be to Mogan.

Room tip: Ask for one in the top block if you do not have small children.
1  Thank Jayne H
Reviewed 23 August 2021

Very good room enough for our family of 2 adults + 2 kids. Very nice Pool. Very good breakfast. Restaurant experience at the resort was also positive. Parking available. Nice location. Walking distance to the beach and city center

Reviewed 23 August 2021

Just returned from a week at the Radisson Blu Hotel and sorry to say not 5*. Pools great and plenty of sunbeds, room spacious with great view of the pool and sunbeds on the balcony but food terrible. Went down to dinner for 7pm when restaurant opened but food cold. I raised this with reception and also restaurant manager but sorry to say it didn't improve as the week went on. One positive was Christian on reception where because of our return flight in the evening, he extended our room free of charge and provided great customer service every time we came across him. Having stayed in many 5* hotels across the canaries I would say this is currently a 3* at best but with some improvements on food quality and general customer service could make it 5*. Also be aware if you are staying at this hotel that you can't reserve sunbeds before 10am each day. We saw many people put towels down and then go for breakfast only for the lifeguards to come along and move them. After 10am is fine. I agree with this concept as very frustrating when people put towels down and then decide to go out for the day and you don't see them until the afternoon. Only thing I would say is this needs to be mentioned once checking in so everyone is aware. Overall if you are not too fussed about food quality or are just looking for bed and breakfast then hotel is fine but if you are looking for 5* then need to look elsewhere.

Room tip: Request a superior room with pool view
Reviewed 22 August 2021

On our last day of a weeks break away and pleased to say the temperature dropped to a more bearable 30oc heat.
The staff here really go out of their way to be pleasant and are all very friendly and appear very committed to the roles they are in. On our booking we opted for HB which we didn’t regret, the food was of a very high standard, fresh orange juice, omelettes to order and each night the evening meal had a theme and rather than come back with a mixture of all sorts (as we sometimes do in a buffet style restaurant) it was easy to pull a ‘coordinated’ meal together with all the choice.
It was my daughters birthday whilst we were away, we booked the Italian and they kindly made a cake for her and decorated the table with balloons which was a lovely touch. The Italian was over priced and the food not that great but it was ok for a change and nice to be waited on for an evening. There look to be some nice restaurants around the harbour, maybe would have been nice to have eaten out there a couple of nights if had been staying longer, we did however venture out at night for drinks in the nearby shopping centre and by the beach.
Rooms were excellent, we have children aged 13 and 17, we stayed in room 1141 which was huge. We had two bathrooms, two bedrooms, living room, extra large balcony with four cushioned sun beds and two dinning sets, four sinks and the showers were the best I’ve ever been it, The only let down was one of the tables, the rattan under the glass was all ripped apart and for a 5* hotel I would have thought they would’ve repaired / replaced it as it was very scruffy looking & sun bed cushions very faded and marked but that’s being picky!
All areas very clean, pools etc, bar prices ok (cheaper to drink out ). Entertainment was ok, we’ve had better but maybe Covid impacted a fuller programme. The stairways could have done with a bit more attention, the same piece of litter was there all week!
We fly at 6pm and have been lucky to have kept our rooms on which was such a blessing and saves all the messing around getting showers later on. All in all a great relaxing holiday, thank you to all the staff for their cheeriness and smiles.

Trip type: Travelled with family