All reviews beautiful location wellness hotel local food surroundings mountains hiking sauna types
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

After driving up a single track road for 30 minutes we finally reached the hotel/“spa”. The outside looked great but this is where the good feeling stops.

We signed in and got our room key, open the door and were hit with nothing else but the smell of poo. We gave it the benefit of the doubt and looked round the hotel and left the window open. An hour passed and still an awful smell. We asked politely at reception if we could PAY for an upgrade but were told this was not available. We asked to change rooms, again, not available and were sent away. After sitting in the hall way we went back and asked if there were any other options. Long story short a man came and out chemical down the toilet which did not help...

We arrived at 2pm and after asking again at 8pm if we could move rooms we were told there was only one we could go to. Yay! Nothing could get any worse right? The rooms again smells of poo, fridge not working with food and drink both out of dates (one 2 months and one 2 days) and half opened snacks!!!

The spa is awful. One tiny swimming pool that could fit 10 people in for about 200 rooms, a very dirty jacuzzi, brown and things floating in it. Massages are fully booked (no wonder as the beds are very uncomfy), everything closes after 10pm and nothing to do.

I could go on but I won’t. I would not recommend coming here, the staff were very rude and did not care

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We went there with my family for Xmas and we had a great time. The rooms were cosy (my only complain would be that the noise insulation is non existent so if you are sensitive ask to be in the new wing) the service was excellent and the food was good. It is in a beautiful location. The spa area is a bit small for a full house but in a normal time or in summer when they also have a huge outdoor pool it is perfect. But what made the whole spa experience outstanding is the sauna master guy called Gabor. ( I think that was his name, the guy in the wiking hat) He was funny, knowledgeable and dedicated. We really enjoyed his seances and went to almost all of them. You should definitely try it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Perfect location to make hiking and tracking. Hotel is cozy, they used a lot of wood for the building. Staff is friendly and helpful! Wellness is ok, not so big. Restaurant is very good but a bit slow service. Prices are not soo low in gerneral. I would recomend the hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We only had food on their nice terrace. Waitress was kind, helpful, smily and we did not have to wait for anything long.
Soup was served right away and second course followed on time. Soup got a bit cold but the taste made it up. Portions were adequate, for me even too much. Worth trying their venison types. No regret!
Recommend after a good walk. Super lunch. Super day. Explore the surroundings. See pics i attached.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Let me start With my favorite part, food, it's An awesome kitchen, no Michelin star but simple top food!
2 Parts , we slept at the part where they have wooden rooms. My neighbours were talking up to 3 night , it felt they were talking Next to me in my OWN bed.
Friendly staff , I relaxed in the spa , and if you love walking at the Forrest you wont Be dissapointed.
I can recomend but perhaps ask not our room 3 , they have a Stone floor aswell and to me it seems the rooms are the spa building are more quiet.
Normal I give this 4 star but cause the sound at the night I wil have to offer only 3.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family