“STILL Great People”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is my second review of this establishment and the only reason I gave it four instead of 5 stars is that we havent stayed here. BUT, the nachos are seriously the best I've ever had. Val and Ryan are the owners and are great hosts. Not only is the beer cold, if you ask nicely, you may get a Green Bay Packer koozie to put it in. We've been back there a number of times and will continue. Great people, food, service and hospitality. The menu has a little bit of everything.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We had several people in town tell us the burgers here were amazing. We went in and had a few beers and burgers. The burgers were NOT good at all. Mushy for some reason. Really odd. The owner was great, the beers were cold, but skip the burgers.

Date of visit: November 2017
Ryan K, Owner at The Lazy Turtle Restaurante & Hotelito, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review us. This review is a little unfortunate because I asked how you liked it and instead of telling me, you wrote a review telling people to 'skip the burger'. No business ever wants a customer to have a bad experience so for anyone reading this response, please let management know if you are unhappy. In this case myself, the owner. Our burgers are big and saucy, be prepared to use a fork and knife. Thanks for the compliments and the three stars.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Upfront, these guys are friends and neighbours. I've been living in LP for 4 years, slightly less time than the Lazy Turtle's existence. I was having a burger yesterday and enjoyed it thoroughly like every other time. Then it dawned on me....I've been eating here for 4 years and not one time have I not gotten a great burger....that's extraordinary by any measure! Keep up the great work guys, I know how incredibly hard it is to stay consistently outstanding for 4 plus years! See ya next week. Dev.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 21 July 2017

I really enjoy going to The Lazy Turtle for a burger. They do a really nice job. It has all the ingredients of a great time and when there is a good crowd, this place is a lot of fun. It is staffed by the owners most of the time, or maybe all of the time and they are really enjoyable people.

The momotombo burger is a spicy bbq sauced burger that I go for almost every time. It's homestyle food and they don't have fish. So when you need a break from fish, try the Turtle.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We stopped in and had burgers. The owners are Canadian so they speak English. The burgers were great and prices were fair. Definitely worth checking out.

Date of visit: May 2017