1,016 results
All reviews an industrial estate safari park thermal suite steam room separate lounge area leisure facilities an executive suite leisure club sitting room afternoon tea wedding party lindon suite sofa bed rooms are large lovely hotel my mum couldn't fault
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the very first minute of arriving until leaving the next afternoon was a very pleasant experience. The room was very spacious and very clean. The evening meal was lovely. The breakfast was very plentiful and there was a very good choice. Staff were very helpful and friendly. The Spa facilities exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend it to others and I hope to visit again soon.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lyndsay T, Managing Director at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BoardingPass224884,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful 5 star review.

We are delighted you had a wonderful spa break experience with us for your birthday treat!

Thank you for the great feedback regarding our award-winning spa, evening meal in Handley's Brasserie, our wonderful, helpful team and our hotel facilities!

We hope to welcome you back for more pampering very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An otherwise pleasant hotel, although questionable whether it merits 4 stars, spoiled by an utterly unacceptable experience in the hotel.

Asked (very lovely) staff at the reception desk where to eat and only given the option of the hotel restaurant. We were told it was 'very' busy but they should be able to fit us in in about 3/4 hour. Duly rolled up at 7.45 to see the restaurant with at least half of the tables vacant - not quite what I would term very busy, but ok... It took 20 minutes after ordering for our the drinks arrived (although the bloody mary ordered as a starter never arrived at all), 40 minutes after that, 2 cold starters finally appeared. By now we were starving and asked for some bread to tide us over which was given, but this should have been offered without asking. Finally the main courses arrived, around 1 1/2 hours after ordering and watching tables all around us who had arrived after us, get served.

Following dinner we asked twice for a dessert menu; 15 minutes later when it still hadn't appeared and our dirty plates still hadn't been cleared, a waiter appeared and started removing glasses from a long -vacated table opposite us. At this point, I went to the reception desk to ask yet again for a dessert menu, to be told extremely rudely by the waitress i had already asked twice, 'I'm bringing it!!'. She then banged it down so hard on the table that all of us jumped, and then pushed past me deliberately roughly to clear the table in annoyance. Not a word of apology, not an ounce of sympathy as to how long we had been waiting, just aggression, belligerence and rudeness.

At this point we called the duty manager who was at least apologetic and knocked 20% off our bill, but this was too little, too late in my opinion.

I would strongly recommend anyone visiting this hotel does not eat in the restaurant, the food is average and the service diabolical. To the hotel themselves, i would have a serious rethink about your staff. This woman let you down considerably and to actually push a couple of customers in anger shows a worrying lack of stability. All other staff i encountered through the hotel were lovely, but i wouldn't stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Lyndsay T, Managing Director at Suites Hotel & Spa - Knowsley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear BeverleyRacecourse _K,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am somewhat baffled to read your review, as following our meeting the next day not at any stage did you or the other people in your party mention any issues with the food.

As discussed in person I completely agree that the service you received that night was unacceptable from one of our 123 team members. The member of staff concerned has been spoken to and additional training given. I would like to also say you omitted to mention in our meeting that she "pushed passed you deliberately roughly".

I also feel that your one star review is a little unfair as you clearly stated that our other staff where lovely and we are a pleasant hotel. I understand if you do not wish to not stay here again but we do hope we can welcome you back to our award winning hotel and spa in the future.

Regards

Lyndsay

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner paid for a spa afternoon for myself my mum and my auntie. The massages we all had were amazing and the lunch was 10/10. The spa in itself- we felt the foot spas didn’t look clean and there wasn’t any cleaning in between people using them. The jacuzzi water wasn’t a very nice colour, made you feel dirty when you got out. The pool was ok but wasn’t the cleanest. The biggest issue we had was there was no disabled access once inside the spa. My mum recently fractured her ankle and finds it hard to walk far or use steps. When walking from the downstairs spa up to the pool and lunch area there were 2 flights of stairs up and one down and then the same on the way back. Really this should be rectified and you would think there would be a lift to use.

Dear 02051945,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent spa experience with us at The Spa at Suites Hotel.

Thank you for the wonderful feedback regarding your amazing massages and 10/10 lunch in our Spa Bistro.

As we have recently been awarded 5 Bubble status from The Good Spa Guide I am surprised to read your comments regarding our foot spas and the level of cleanliness. We have two spa assistants who ensure our spa is spotlessly clean at all times and are on hand to assist spa guests during their time with us. We also have our Leisure team who carry our many checks during the days to check the levels of our Jacuzzi and pool.

We are sorry to hear your mum found it hard to get about The Spa. We do have disabled access from the spa to the Leisure Club and also to the main hotel reception which is located next to The Spa Bistro via one level outside of the hotel.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back again for more pampering at The Spa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yes it Great value for money. Rooms are very clean and well organised but please please sort out the shower. I would say that the staff are very polite and helpful.

Trying to have a shower in the morning is an absolute nightmare from boiling hot too freezing cold, it needs updating.

If you’re 5 foot nothing you might be okay anybody taller your not going to like the shower.

Dear Martin G,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are pleased to read you had a great stay with us in our well organised suites and that our fantastic team looked after you during your stay.

I will pass the comments along to our maintence department regarding the shower temperature.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to stay with us next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights. On our first night one of our family members took ill so had to go to the local walk in centre first thing in the morning. The staff allowed us to take food to the room and couldn't be more accommodating for us. This has made us fall in love with the place even more. The restaurant staff are lovely and always smiling.

Dear Mary A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this 5 star review of your recent stay with us at Suites Hotel & Spa.

We are sorry to hear that a family member wasn't feeling very well- we have a local walk-in centre very close to use thankfully. Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our fantastic team who were accommodating and always smiling!

We do hope to welcome you and your family back to stay with us when next in the area.