Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SLIDER

A wonderful place to stay and relex in Lushoto...

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Aug 2018via mobile
I stayed 3 nights in the hostel and eat the tasting big free breakfast and test the delicious dinner buffet, too.
The clean rooms are big with 3 beds inside. The staff is always very helpful and friendly.
You also can sit outside on the terrace of the room and enjoy the nice view. Or you can sit in front from the community room an enjoy the free afternoon buffet.
The „center“ you can reach by walk in 25 minutes or take a motorbike or taxi for small money.
Sabine does everything for you at any time. She booked a guide for daytrip, it was amazing, and she bought the bus ticket and said "Good bye!" in the early morning. She does not took money for herself for this sevices. That let it feel very familiar.
Thank you very much for everything!
Date of stay: August 2018
    $212
    • Expedia.com
    34.7 km from Kanaani Resthouse
    Restaurant
    You do not want to miss this experience...
    $201
    $25
      $25
    38.0 km from Kanaani Resthouse
    Free parking
    Mooie ligging in de bergen
    Go to your Happy Price
      $44
    2.0 km from Kanaani Resthouse
    Bar/Lounge
    View more hotels in Lushoto
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We had a beautiful stay at Kanaani resthouse. It felt like in a hotel...the days start with an extense breakfast buffet, including nearly everything a european could think of. Followed by nice daytrips based on helpful information or even companion service. Then there is afternoon coffee and you can even have a dinner buffet as well. Basically, we didnt need to leave the location at any point except for hiking :) great place!!

Date of stay: July 2018
    Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in the hostel and we also eat breakfast and dinner there. The rooms are big with 4 beds inside. You also can sit outside on the terrace of the room and enjoy the nice view. Or you can sit in front from the community room an enjoy the little afternoon buffet. In the „center of loshoto“ there is an coffee-corner and you can play a game with the locals and trink the best coffee in town. The „center“ you can reach by walk in 25 minutes.
    Sabine does everything for us. She booked a guide for daytrip, it was amazing, and she bought us the bus ticket to dar-es-salaam. She does not took money for herself for this things. That let it feel very familiar.

Date of stay: March 2018
    2  Thank corinab620
    Reviewed 15 January 2018

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Kanaani Rest house. We got a very spacious room with a little terrace and an amazing view. It was clean and had everything you need including Moskito net, towels etc. The people who were welcoming us (all locals) are lovely! Very friendly and helpful. We chose to have breakfast and dinner there and both meals were always very good. They are prepared according to your schedules.
    When asking for hiking tours they suggested a tour guide (Kasimu) who we ended up doing 2 hikes with. He is a very friendly young guy, speaks English and was happy to show us around and helping us out.
    Overall we really enjoyed our stay in Kanaani and Lushoto and can only recommend it!

Date of stay: January 2018
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    rafiki-tz, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Kanaani Resthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Jelka,
    Thanks a lot for your lovely rating! We are happy, that you enjoyed much staying with us and experienced our warm and friendly staff being enthusiastic to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Looking forward to maybe host you again another time.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Kanaani, especially because the staff was very friendly and tried their best to help us with travel arrangements etc. The rooms are rather simple but equipped with all you need. Unfortunately the shower had very low pressure, yet that is not uncommon in Tanzania so we were used to it. The guesthouse has nice views from the terraces in front of the houses. The food was plenty and good, especially for vegetarians a nice alternative to the food served in other parts of Tanzania. We booked a 2-day trekking tour to Mtae with Simon, the local guide. We highly recommend him and the tour if you're interested in experiencing the local culture and the people's everyday life.

Date of stay: November 2017
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Franziska,
    Thanks much for your rating! We are happy, that over all you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry for the low water pressure . As you mentioned it is an common problem , especially bcs often there is even not enough water available. We would love to welcome you again another time!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I traveled alone and spent 3 nights in Kanaani resthouse.
    It was low season, and there was nobody else there. The guesthouse is not very close to the town, 20/30 minutes walking, but the road is safe.
    My room (a family one) was big 3 windows and bathroom with hot water.
    The towels were really old and there were moisture spots on the ceiling.
    Not a nice first impression... but in general the room was clean and ok (fast cleaning service every day).
    The best thing was the food, a big choice for breakfast and dinner with fresh fruits and vegetables, even if I was the only guest!
    The staff was nice and helpful, but I had the bad surprise to find half of the clothes I gave them to wash, with stains of rust very hard to take them off.. they probably laid them on dirty wires..
    I was really disappointed because they didn't tell me what was happened and just bu change I discovered it, few hours before leaving (they had put my things in a bag).
    I insisted that at least they did not charge me the last night and of course the laundry service (about $ 25 for all), although the value of my ruined clothes was double ...
    The owner Sabine was not there, and she didn't answer to the phone when the receptionist guy call her to explain ... and at the end I didn't pay. I was also sorry for the small incident
    because apart from this, I was quite happy about my stay there ...

Date of stay: May 2017
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    1  Thank IngridNogara
    rafiki-tz, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Kanaani Resthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Ingrid,

Thanks much for your review. There are only a few older towels, ( means one year) , which the colour faded out, most of them are new. I think unfortunately you got the few older ones. As for the moisture spots, we had unexpected heavy rains in Lushoto, which also even closed the road for some days between Mombo and Lushoto, so we had been not able to repair the spots at once during the rain. As for now everything is back to normal again. No spots at all. I am very sorry for what happened to your cloth, bcs of the rain, I think there was no way to dry up on any other rope. Yes, unfortunately the staff didn't realize what happened. I apologize for that. As for me not being available on the phone, bcs I was outside the country for important family issues, so either the call does not get through or I can't pick the phone with the Tanzanian number.
    I am happy that except for this incident, you enjoyed your stay with us. We welcome you, to try us again another time!