Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
corinab620
St. Gallen, Switzerland

Wonderfull mountain view

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Mar 2018via mobile
We stayed 3 nights in the hostel and we also eat breakfast and dinner there. The rooms are big with 4 beds inside. You also can sit outside on the terrace of the room and enjoy the nice view. Or you can sit in front from the community room an enjoy the little afternoon buffet. In the „center of loshoto“ there is an coffee-corner and you can play a game with the locals and trink the best coffee in town. The „center“ you can reach by walk in 25 minutes.
Sabine does everything for us. She booked a guide for daytrip, it was amazing, and she bought us the bus ticket to dar-es-salaam. She does not took money for herself for this things. That let it feel very familiar.
Date of stay: March 2018
    • Agoda.com
    1.0 km from Kanaani Resthouse
    34.7 km from Kanaani Resthouse
    Restaurant
    You do not want to miss this experience...
    • Agoda.com
    • Priceline
    35.0 km from Kanaani Resthouse
      3.5 km from Kanaani Resthouse
      View more hotels in Lushoto
      See what travellers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed 15 January 2018

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Kanaani Rest house. We got a very spacious room with a little terrace and an amazing view. It was clean and had everything you need including Moskito net, towels etc. The people who were welcoming us (all locals) are lovely! Very friendly and helpful. We chose to have breakfast and dinner there and both meals were always very good. They are prepared according to your schedules.
      When asking for hiking tours they suggested a tour guide (Kasimu) who we ended up doing 2 hikes with. He is a very friendly young guy, speaks English and was happy to show us around and helping us out.
      Overall we really enjoyed our stay in Kanaani and Lushoto and can only recommend it!

Date of stay: January 2018
      • Trip type: Travelled with friends
      rafiki-tz, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Kanaani Resthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Jelka,
      Thanks a lot for your lovely rating! We are happy, that you enjoyed much staying with us and experienced our warm and friendly staff being enthusiastic to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Looking forward to maybe host you again another time.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We enjoyed our stay at Kanaani, especially because the staff was very friendly and tried their best to help us with travel arrangements etc. The rooms are rather simple but equipped with all you need. Unfortunately the shower had very low pressure, yet that is not uncommon in Tanzania so we were used to it. The guesthouse has nice views from the terraces in front of the houses. The food was plenty and good, especially for vegetarians a nice alternative to the food served in other parts of Tanzania. We booked a 2-day trekking tour to Mtae with Simon, the local guide. We highly recommend him and the tour if you're interested in experiencing the local culture and the people's everyday life.

Date of stay: November 2017
      Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Franziska,
      Thanks much for your rating! We are happy, that over all you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry for the low water pressure . As you mentioned it is an common problem , especially bcs often there is even not enough water available. We would love to welcome you again another time!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I traveled alone and spent 3 nights in Kanaani resthouse.
      It was low season, and there was nobody else there. The guesthouse is not very close to the town, 20/30 minutes walking, but the road is safe.
      My room (a family one) was big 3 windows and bathroom with hot water.
      The towels were really old and there were moisture spots on the ceiling.
      Not a nice first impression... but in general the room was clean and ok (fast cleaning service every day).
      The best thing was the food, a big choice for breakfast and dinner with fresh fruits and vegetables, even if I was the only guest!
      The staff was nice and helpful, but I had the bad surprise to find half of the clothes I gave them to wash, with stains of rust very hard to take them off.. they probably laid them on dirty wires..
      I was really disappointed because they didn't tell me what was happened and just bu change I discovered it, few hours before leaving (they had put my things in a bag).
      I insisted that at least they did not charge me the last night and of course the laundry service (about $ 25 for all), although the value of my ruined clothes was double ...
      The owner Sabine was not there, and she didn't answer to the phone when the receptionist guy call her to explain ... and at the end I didn't pay. I was also sorry for the small incident
      because apart from this, I was quite happy about my stay there ...

Date of stay: May 2017
      • Trip type: Travelled solo
      1  Thank IngridNogara
      rafiki-tz, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Kanaani Resthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear Ingrid,

Thanks much for your review. There are only a few older towels, ( means one year) , which the colour faded out, most of them are new. I think unfortunately you got the few older ones. As for the moisture spots, we had unexpected heavy rains in Lushoto, which also even closed the road for some days between Mombo and Lushoto, so we had been not able to repair the spots at once during the rain. As for now everything is back to normal again. No spots at all. I am very sorry for what happened to your cloth, bcs of the rain, I think there was no way to dry up on any other rope. Yes, unfortunately the staff didn't realize what happened. I apologize for that. As for me not being available on the phone, bcs I was outside the country for important family issues, so either the call does not get through or I can't pick the phone with the Tanzanian number.
      I am happy that except for this incident, you enjoyed your stay with us. We welcome you, to try us again another time!

Reviewed 15 March 2017

My friend and I had a great experience at Kanaani Resthouse. The view is beautiful and the dinner is delicious. A really good place to relax and just be when you are traveling on a budget. We used it as our base before going on a 3 day hiking trip into the Usambara Mountains, which it was perfect for. Thank you for everything, Sabine!

Date of stay: March 2017
      • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Paula,
      Thanks much for your nice review and we are happy, that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you again another time!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This place is really great! Quiet, peaceful, everything you need to relax. I spent 3 days here with my boyfriend august 2016, sitting on the verandah with the great view, reading books and going on hikes. The food they serve is homemade style, really yummy. Staff was really welcoming, escpecially the owner, Sabine. Very good value, I would recommend this to everyone!

Date of stay: August 2016
      • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
      rafiki-tz, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Kanaani Resthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Guest,
      thzanks much for your kind review. We are happy, that you enjoyed our services and your stay with us. Great, that you where able to relax, thats why we love to be a little outside of town. Thanks also for praising our food, which we always prepare fresh and try to offer great variety. We love our guests and are pleased, if you feel at home and experience our kind and welcoming spirit. Hope to see you again another time!