Review Highlights
Amazingly beautiful and peaceful hike with Said in Usambara West

My girlfriend and I did an amazing 2 day hike in the western Usambara Mountains with Said. It was... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Felix R
Oure, Fyn, Denmark
Usambara Mountain Hike

This was one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever been on! Said and Hassan made it all the more... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Sep A

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews day hike bush baby my boyfriend beautiful trip great guide first night chapatti recommend this trip amazing trek tanzania trip great guy dar es salaam making sure local nature spent days incredible views lovely person
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2023

Beautiful trip. Nice with explanations about the plantations and culture. Nice accommodations along the way, especially the last one, wow. Loved the views and the vibe. 100% would recommend. Great 4 day hike.

Reviewed 19 November 2023

Very beautiful trip and very experienced guide. He stopped at all the beautiful places, and our last accommodation was breathtaking. I am defiantly booking him again on my next trip

1  Thank 645mariamr
Reviewed 13 November 2023

The hike was amazing, great views and excellent guidance and stories by Said! This guy can help you out with anything you need and plans everything very punctually.

Date of experience: October 2023
Reviewed 10 November 2023

I’m very glad I chose a multi-day hike with Said after reading the reviews. You can read all about how good he is I’m other reviews, but I’d like to add one thing. You can really tell how much he supports the local economy in Usambara. On my second night, I stayed at a very new home stay in a remote village that had only been open for 1 month. Over dinner, Said gave tips and advice to them about how to cater to travellers. He has done the same for multiple businesses and some of the more successful accommodations in Usambara can thank Said for being one of the first people bring hikers there years ago. Other accommodation options - namely the really expensive ones - are owned by foreigners and sometimes don’t pay the locals well. Said only supports locally-run business were possible.

The reason this review is 4 stars and not 5 is because he accidentally gave me the wrong itinerary and I only found out after the first day of hiking. The itinerary he was supposed to give me added an extra 10km making it a bit too challenging. Said was accommodating and offered to pay for motorbikes for the additional 10km which I appreciated. Still, would highly recommend this immersive learning experience!

Reviewed 25 October 2023

We did a 4 day hiking trip in the Usambara Mountains with Said and it was amazing. We saw nice landscape and hiked throught small villages. The accomodations and the food were so nice, we really enjoyed everything. Thanks to Said we got to know a lot about the culture and traditions, it was very interesting to talk to him and he was a great guide. We were a group of three people and all of us can rellay recommend this trip with Said.

Date of experience: October 2023