Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sadie A

Stunning views & peaceful reset, great location

Review of Anmut Hostel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Apr 2024
I made the excellent decision to stay at Anmut Hostel. It was such a peaceful place with amazing views. It was exactly what I needed for a place to reset and relax. Just a quick motorbike ride to town & shops, and walking distance to a sweet village if you just want a few items, but location makes you feel like you’re out in the wilderness which I loved. The price for the stay was definitely great for a budget traveller. I booked my own room and it was a really comfy bed, they have hot water showers & free wifi is available as well. It only worked for me in the common area but was okay. Breakfast was complimentary and they offer other meals for a reasonable price (which were delicious!). Emmanuel and his family who run the hostel were so welcoming and hospitable and always went above and beyond to ensure I was having a good stay. They also had the cutest cuddly cat on the property. I felt right at home there and booked extra nights when my friend joined a few days later. I also booked a day adventure with Emmanuel and would highly recommend hiring him as a guide if you visit this beautiful place! I would definitely stay here again if I get to visit Usambara Mountains again one day.
Date of stay: February 2024
    • Expedia.com
    • Hotels.com
    30.2 km from Anmut Hostel
    Restaurant
    You do not want to miss this experience...
    $197
      $198
    3.8 km from Anmut Hostel
    Restaurant
    Weekend gateaway with my friends to the usambara mountains..
    3.6 km from Anmut Hostel
    Restaurant
    Mooie ligging in de bergen
    $101
      $28
      $25
    33.2 km from Anmut Hostel
    View more hotels in Lushoto
    See what travellers are saying:
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 26 March 2022

We stayed 2 nights in Anmut and it was really excellent ! The price is good, the view is amazing, the room was big, clean and beautiful and Emmanuel, the owner is so nice ! He explains us everything about the region, he proposes us some hikes and expeditions and the location is near a small village where you can go by foot to eat, it's very pleasant 😍 The breakfast is included and very complete made by his wife wich is also super nice. He also helped us to organise our next safari to Ngorogoro, Manyara and Serengheti. I highly recommend this place, if I come here again, I will come back to Anmut for sure !

Date of stay: March 2022
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 5 March 2022

I stayed at Anmut Hostel twice during my stay in Lushoto, it was an amazing stay. The rooms were very spacious and clean and the water for showering was hot. The owner went above and beyond to make me feel at home and even offered to hold my heavy bag at the hostel while I went for a several day hike. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: March 2022
    Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 15 February 2021

Anmut Hostel is an excellent budget accommodation located about a 10-minute drive from the center of Lushoto town and 5- minutes walking to Magamba forest entrance gate. Actually it doesn't look like a Hostel merely a Lodge as private rooms, twin bedrooms are also available. The rooms are wide with enough space, comfortable beds with hot water showers. The breakfast is excellent, the setting is beautiful and the employees are friendly and helpful. the hostel location is absolutely wonderful as it's very calm and you enjoy looking at usambara mountains valleys, I really enjoyed my stay at Anmut Hostel and hope to return. Emmanuel the Hostel owner helped us with all the plans for hiking to various attractions at affordable cost. Car parking was great and wide place and very safe for our car. My opinion; this is the best budget hostel while at Lushoto I recommend staying here.

Date of stay: February 2021
    Reviewed 12 January 2021

We stayed at Anmut Hostel for 2 days, But wasn't enough for the fun & hospitality that we received, Most beautiful location, Very nice accommodation facilities, Service was excellent room was very nice with all necessities. Soothing hot shower in cold weather, Break fast was awesome, dinner was fantastic prepared on our request & preferd item,The property owner Mr William was very kind and helpful throughout the trip however he wasn't at lushoto but gave us full assistance through calls. His wife Grace is a wonderful lady,Very kind, humble, loving & carrying, i must say we were not treated like guests istead like a family members,always asked and cared for our needs and a young guy called Emanuel was very kind very respectful who was every time available for us with his smile.
    Overall the trip was very nice and Anmut made if awesome. I give Anmut Hostel 10/10 Excellent place to visit & recommend people to stay there when ever visit to lushoto.For Excellency and pleasurable accommodation.
    Good luck to Unmut Hostel & Thank you for making our trip worthy

Date of stay: January 2021
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 31 December 2020

.... upon arrival at anmut hotel with my family and had booked 5 rooms, the welcome i received was " your 50% balance is pending" this is even before i had entered the room. Signs of griddyness??? Once entered the room saw wire hanging, switch sockets were loose almost hanging. One of the room had no shower or nature's call facility at all. The guy told us that you can share the bathroom, upon requesting for another room he told me that all other rooms are underconstruction and again asked me to pay the remaining balance, and told me that thr prices are more but since we have given you low price we will not increase. ( a crap story). We continued with our enjoyment and when we came back suddenly he changed the room which had bathroom. (1st saying no room and now changed it. Lies isnt it. In some rooms sockets did not work at all, the doors were not closing properly also totally cheap items used for construction...
    We switched on heater and after 15 mins the guy went and swichted it off, some members finished to have bath with cold water.
    In breakfast one banana was cut into 3 pcs to be shared by 3 pesons and 1 boiled egg.
    Upon seeing this we decided that will no longer stay here and went to inform the guy and he started to pass racist comments to me.
    Next day when we were about to check out packing stuff and keeping it car one of their worker was going inside our rooms, so i decided to lock it off and return the keys until we were sure that nothing is left or forgotten by us in the room. But the lady named grace started to follow me and said return the keys. I refused and told her until we are done then only i will give u keys. So then she said check out time is at 8am while the other day we were tild check out time is 10am.
    On arguments the guy came and wanted to hit me so all the chaos began i finally told them thay we will put it on the reviews, so grace said go on and write i will tell my friend and family people to comment nice things...
    There is no wifi, no security at all ( parking at owners risk) the area is wide open anyone can enter premises at any time
    I would personally say that it is a waste of money staying at anmut hotel. There are far more better hotels with affordable prices and very welcoming and kind staff.

Date of stay: December 2020