Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Amrutha
Rehovot, Israel

Clean, comfortable and affordable

Review of Castaway Inn
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Nov 2019
We stayed only one night, but it was a very comfortable stopover. We reached late, after a whole day of travel. The room was very clean and quiet, and had all the necessary amenities-a good bed, mosquito net, toileteries and towels. Breakfast was included, and was standard with toast, eggs, etc.
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Expedia.com
  • Hotels.com
33.7 km from Castaway Inn
Restaurant
Weekend gateaway with my friends to the usambara mountains..
0.5 km from Castaway Inn
Restaurant
You do not want to miss this experience...
$197
$90
    $90
34.1 km from Castaway Inn
Restaurant
Mooie ligging in de bergen
$101
    $28
    $25
37.0 km from Castaway Inn
View more hotels in Lushoto
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2019

I had the pleasure of staying 2 nights at the Castaway. It's a small hotel with only a few rooms (they are expanding next door in the near future). The highlight was the chef. The food was really really good and the chef (cook) cold not have been more gracious. Her vegetable curry was out of this world great! The rooms were simple but perfectly adequate (mosquito nets and hot water). The dining area and front porch were places to hang out and watch life in africa walk by. I will ABSOLUTELY stay at the castaway my next time in Lushoto. Made the trip very memorable.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 1 December 2018

We returned to Lushoto and Castaway at the recommendation of our guide, which we used before, Dennis Munga +255 621 681 856. I was greeted with a “welcome back” from Irene. She also cooked special vegetarian meals for my dinner at a small fee. I would recommend Castaway and will return on future visits. I wanted to update my previous review because I think they did great job on this visit and I would stay there again. No wifi, but my Vodacom phone got decent reception at this location. its just up the road from the bus stand 5 min walking up and then down a hill.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018

My stay at Castaway Inn was wonderful, no complaints. I stayed for two nights, centrally located, safe, and very affordable. The rooms were private with locks, clean, hot water. Dinner is delicious. Irene was also so helpful in helping me arrange a motorbike early in the morning to bring me to the bus stand upon my departure. Negative reviews for this hotel are clearly fake (made by competition), or written by tourists who were swindled by informal tour guides who claim to have connections to various institutions but do not. Would highly recommend doing activities (hikes, waterfalls, tours) organized by Magamba Cultural Tourism or Friends of Usambara which are very near the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ThatGirlFriday45
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Hot showers, pleasant staff, although not very attentive, but perhaps no less so than other budget hotels. Staff didn't speak much english, but my guide Dennis Munga did the translation and all was well. Good location, quiet, 5 min off of main road, nice views of forested environment. I think there was bread and jam available for breakfast, but I don't eat that so we went out for chapati and boiled eggs nearby.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Nice place to stay in Lushoto,Very good location,staff was helpful, room was fine and clean there was hot water.
We did hike with Brighton who runs Halisi Adventures and we enjoyed every minute with him.
He was helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.
Thank you for everything.

Date of stay: May 2018