Cabanas Gardens Apartments
  • Pool
O Pomar(Cabanas)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsunderground parkingwashing machineda barrabedroomed apartmentfirst floornice bathroomwell equipped kitchenwithin easy walking distancedouble bedthe ground floorsaofortebalconyaccommodationportugaltavira
Reviewed 18 June 2017

I stayed here when attending my Son's wedding in the Forte de Sao Joao da Barra nearby. Most of the guests were staying in this premises for two nights. I was given a one bedroom suite which was the most luxurious apartment hotel one I have ever stayed in. My sister went one better and had a penthouse suite, but she had to share it with her adult brood and partners! The staff at book in were very friendly and efficient and took each guest to their rooms
Although we really used it only as a base, the pool and surrounding area were lovely when we spent one free afternoon prior to getting ready for the wedding. I hope to return and explore the area in the future as it was my first visit to Portugal.

Room Tip: Free Wi-Fi is only guaranteed in the pool area, so ask for a room with a pool view and you will get Wi-Fi easily.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Drew E
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I went there with my parents for my birthday, in winter so there weren't many people there, but it was very warm compared to my home in Ireland. The receptionist lady was very friendly and answered all of our questions and then showed us the two floored room, that was beyond bonita, there was a lovely garden at the front and the ground floor was small but comfortable, the second floor had a lovely bedroom and a nice bathroom with a balcony at the front (Where you can see mountains in the background). It was night time when we got to Portugal so it was difficult to find the hotel, but a bartender from a sports bar gave us the directions and was very friendly to us. We only stayed there for three full days, but we will definitely come back there again for a longer stay and hopefully in summer. Obrigado

Room Tip: The beach view allows a great view of the apartments, a great place to run around if you have children and there's more sun there.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank _dashaturner11
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Very nice and spacious apartments. These apartments are well located just back off the main front of the resort. If you want piece and quite this place is an excellent choice of accommodation. Although it's a quiet location it's only a short stroll to the main resort.
There's plenty of parking space if you are hiring a car and it even has its own underground garage, so also very secure. There's a very nice private pool at the rear of the the complex with loungers and parasols. We never had a problem getting a lounger in September but obviously this could be a different matter in July/August. All in all though it's well worth a visit for a quit relaxed break. Would definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank victor056
Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

We had a 2 bedroom penthouse apartment and it was beautifully laid out with everything you needed for a great stay. There were a few niggles such as the kitchen didn't have enough plug sockets so everything was clumped together on the worktop and we just plugged and unplugged things as needed.

The sofa covers in the living room were stained but they'd obviously been washed to try and get them clean as they no longer fitted the sofas properly which looked a bit shabby.

The terrace round the apartment was gorgeous but there were a few cracked tiles or ones that were sticking up. This seems to have been an issue in other apartments as well. Our (rather noisy) neighbours seemed to own their apartment as they shouted over on the last day they were getting their tiles fixed so we would need to stay off the balcony and keep our windows closed. This was really disappointing as we wanted to make the most of the sun on our last day, and as we'd been there for a week and they'd been organising this for days (as I said, they were loud skills could hear all their conversations) it would've been better if they'd had the courtesy to shout over earlier.

We've been to Cabanas many times and these apartments were good but this would make me think twice about returning to them (or at least paying a premium for a penthouse apartment).

One other small thing is that some of the apartments have a frosted glass bathroom door (one of our bathrooms did, as did another ground floor apartment we saw) which I really disliked. Don't understand why someone would select a glass bathroom door for an en suite and this would make me think twice when booking again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen W
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We enjoyed a relaxing, quiet, laid back week here in early October when the weather was still in the 80's and had really a near-perfect holiday. And while I don't rank this place as excellent I would still return here and recommend it without hesitation.

The location is excellent - away from any noise but only a short, 5 minute walk from the boardwalk with its restaurants and shops and the boats to the beach. Our garden view apartment was quiet with a pleasant outlook and I would recommend these rather than poolside if, like us, you prefer a quiet place to stay. Lovely pool and plenty of sun loungers around however when we were there (October) the bar and restaurant were closed.

Our apartment was on the ground floor - we would have preferred an upstairs apartment for greater privacy - but we did have a nice patio with sun loungers as well as a table and chairs for relaxing/dining outside.

The apartment was clean, spacious and kitted out with everything you could need - cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, even a mop and bucket. Four piece bathroom with a proper bath was nice although we were surprised to see the "toilet paper in the bin and not down the toilet" message - thought that was a thing of the past! And - as another reviewer has mentioned - no hairdryer (despite an extensive search).

The downside - well maybe it was the end of a long summer season but the apartment was looking a little tired and frayed around the edges - some marks and scuffs and a number of electric sockets beginning to come away from the walls. The twin beds had lost their support and were very uncomfortable. The pool area was also looking in need of a refresh - nothing major it just looked like it needed a good clean - the remains of a mouse deposited poolside by the resident cat appeared a couple of days after we arrived and were still there the day we left.

Despite these few niggles, the overall experience was very good - the staff were helpful when we needed to book transfers to the airport, the apartments are spacious, cool and airy and the quiet location so close to the Cabanas boardwalk was perfect.

Room Tip: Garden view apartments have a nice outlook and would be quieter than poolside
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple