“Great week”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Barns

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Royals84
Reading, uk
“Great week”
Reviewed 18 January 2017 for a stay in August 2016

We enjoyed our week. Great location for ease of getting about. The house was spacious and homely for us being 5 adults and 2 children. We spent most of the time on Freshwater East Beach, which we parked at the top of cliffs and walked down. Liked the badminton net and children loved the trampoline . David answered any queries we had before booking.
We visited Tenby , Boshertson Lily Ponds where you can walk along cliffs to the beach. Also Heathertons which was great value ( buy credits) and tried pistol shooting and archery amongst others, it was nice for a place to cover all age groups .

Your age range 50-64
hendyl1
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Amazing place - what a find”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in February 2016

We have stayed here twice and both times have thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The property is lovely, and the garden is truly fantasitc (I have never stayed anywhere before where you can go on zip wires!). It is close to lovely beaches and amenities and the local pub (the Dial Inn) served very nice food. The next door neighbours were very helpful and much to my daughters delight let her ride on their horse, which is something she still talks about now!

17 Jan 2017
Thanks for your feedback and recommendations. I care a lot about holiday makers' experiences and it's always great to read the comments left in the guest book, and on this and other websites.
Foxni01
“The barns”
Reviewed 11 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Great place to stay and great location. Would stay tgere again and reccomebd it. Only issue was they hadnt cleaned the place as disnt realise we had booked but all in all lovely place

16 Apr 2018
Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Apologies for the cleaning confusion; for future bookings we have now introduced a more robust calendar, avoiding this issue.
Scoph
“Great Cottage shame about the Neighbor!”
Reviewed 29 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I have stayed at this cottage 3 times, the first 2 trips were great and we all enjoyed ourselves a great deal. The cottage is lovely with a great outdoor space, close to the beach and there is a fab little pub just up the road.
The neighbour (who is also the cleaner) however was rude, aggressive and continually hounded us about the fact she didn't have time to clean up after people as she had another job and how we were recycling wasn't right. We sorted the recycling out twice to how she demanded it be and also followed the instructions within the house yet she persisted, putting everyone on edge. I ended up emailing the landlord with regards to this as we had family with us from America who felt their trip had been ruined as they felt very anxious, I am yet to get a response.
When arriving we cleaned the kitchen as you could see where she had just wiped around things rather than cleaning under them and the downstairs toilet was left with a thick layer of dust (see photos)
Good luck also getting your damage deposit back within the time on the T&C's all three times we have had to continually chase the landlord for the return despite no issues being raised. The last time we stayed the cleaner apparently complained we had left the house in a mess, which we hadn't as we had spent 2 hours cleaning the house including bed linen as we were conscious she 'didn't have time' Knowing that the neighbour is the cleaner I assume she had a bee in her bonnet. The landlord did send photos of the curtain to the back door, which had several splatters of mud on it (bear in mind it was December and it was muddy and raining outside) however I did apologise for this. He also sent a picture of a mattress with a mark on however the bedding for this room was taken off just before leaving and no one had re-entered that room so I would suggest she hadn't checked it before hand.
All in all I am extremely sadden by the distress this trip caused not only myself but family we had over, especially after telling them what a fantastic time we had previously had!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage and local beaches
Liked least: The neighbor's rude and aggressive manner
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
26 Feb 2016
I returned your damages deposit in full, as I explained to you, despite some stains on the curtains, bedding and walls, presumably as a result of you bringing FOUR dogs to the house (not permitted) as I did not want your holiday memories spoilt. I am therefore most upset by your comments here. I wish I had taken more time to investigate before returning your deposit as my "rude and aggressive" cleaner has since advised me the dry cleaners have had three attempts and failed to clean the dog mess from the bedding you used and it has now been replaced. Like all properties in Pembrokeshire National Park there are simple rules on recycling which all other guests seem to appreciate and understand without needing any additional help from neighbours. While I welcome all feedback I would like to draw all readers to the overwhelmingly positive reviews. This property remains very heavily booked with new and returning visitors who particularly appreciate the cleanliness of this property and the wealth of garden facilities (zip wires, barbecue, swings; some guests have even been allowed use of their boat and to ride on their horse) and hospitality which incidentally is all provided and maintained by my previously-mentioned neighbours.
tracya727
Phuket
“Great location, beautiful barn and lovely people”
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I would highly recommend this barn. It was a well equipped home from home. Surrounded by beautiful countryside and stunning beaches.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing