“Lunch stop”

Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Taihape
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Probably the best place to stop for a break from driving, to or from Wellington. We appreciated the warm fire on a cold day but thought the garden area would be very relaxing for summer. I liked the ham Danish so much had to have another! Chai latte also very tasty. My husbands samosas weren't so good, he said. Maybe stick to cabinet food? Plenty of parking nearby and not on a busy street.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Good coffee teas and yummy foods on offer. Warm cosy restaurant that's alway busy with a beautiful garden when the weathers good to sit in. Nice toilets too!
Love this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Stopped in on the way to the ski fields with the grandkids in tow. While the adults enjoyed great coffee and pastries, the kids headed out to the garden and sand pit. Nice relaxing break.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for coffee and breakfast. I had heard that it was a beautiful stop with amazing coffee so decided to give it a go. I was very pleased I did! They had a brand new breakfast menu with great options including eggs benedict, kumara cakes with bacon, pancakes and home made muesli. I chose the big breakfast with kumara cakes eggs tomatos and bacon, it was very tasty. Coffee went down a treat, I had to order a second one. The atmosphere was great, fire was roaring and the court yard looks gorgeous! The staff were welcoming and friendly. I will definitely be stopping here every time I pass through Taihape!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We called for morning tea as we drove from Wellington to Tauranga- lovely cafe, good coffee, beautiful fresh food - try the ham and cheese on focaccia or the chicken and cashew nut - both devoured quickly! Will be back on our next trip south!!