“Yum and friendly ”

Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Taihape
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

2 x bacon and egg bene's and a couple of hot drinks. Yum and very generous sized meals. Lovely fresh homemade bread from the looks and taste, bacon, hash browns and two eggs. Very nice. Staff are lovely and polite. Would definitely stop in again.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Good good
Coffee good
Rude , Rude staff... I spilt my coffee , had to ask for serviette to clean up , rude staff pointed yes pointed at a cabinet in the cafe and said over there ...
I asked " sorry where did you point"
In a more surly attitude... pointed again , and said " over there " in a very obnoxious voice and stormed out the back.
Oh dear... what does one do.... go back to for great food and ignore the rudeness .... OR
Just don't go back !!!!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had lunch in this cafe in late July as we travelled around new zealand. As we entered my son told me one of the staff was glaring at me which I hadn't noticed. While the food was fairly good the service when I went to pay was atrocious. I queried the amount and while one of the girls was checking it I realised it was correct and told her so. My change when given was slammed down on the counter and the girl stormed off into the kitchen audibly and visibly complaining about me. Having been in the country a week at this point and having been blown away by the friendliness of service staff this was seriously diminished by the staff in this cafe. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Great coffee & lemon muffin. Friendly staff. Good service & clean
Was a quick stop on the way to Taupo .

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I had baked beans on toast for only $6.00 It was presented well with tomato and bean sprout. Beans cooked perfectly. 10/10.
Coffee had the extra with a jaffa on top. My husband had open beef sandwich and the chips were the crispiest I have ever tasted. Wow to both meals.
Lovely roaring open fire. this is a great place for a stop over.