All reviews yogurt homemade jams st omer warm welcome peaceful location baguette thierry cheese garden granddaughter
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

To find a green oasis just off the beaten track towards the Channel Tunnel was like a miracle. Stress levels from the long journey on the autoroute reduced immediately. Everything here is welcoming and comfortable . We had the "Hortensia" room in the eaves of an adjoining barn, very attractively decorated with limed beams and soothing, interesting artwork. Everything worked properly, including the wifi and the simple very efficient shower. We slept soundly.
Madame Roger's recommendation for our evening meal in the town was first class.
Breakfast was perfect, with home made yoghurt and fresh breads and croissants with three sorts of confitures maison. Strong fresh coffee, and soft strains of classical music coming from the kitchen. Nothing could suit us better.
Don't book your channel crossing too early in the morning. Breakfast is served at 8.30. and it's worth having the time to savour it and enjoy the owners' company.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julia W
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here before returning to the UK. The owners are super and the breakfast homemade and tasty. Our room was very comfortable and we loved being able to sit in the garden and eat our own lunch or picnic when it suited. We will definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2016

We stayed here for 2 nights, as we were visiting the memorials in Albert, the Battle of Somme. Family run, The rooms were beautifully clean, simple warm colours, less is more as they say! The pictures are exactly how it looks , quaint and charming. The breakfast was wonderful with homemade yougart, and Jams. Great access to the coast and inland. We will definately be back to stay here again. A little treasure. Plenty of nice places to eat n Ardres

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I checked in here for one night on the 13th September and was shown a room up some very steep stairs in the main house and a room "Coquelicot" in the cottage in the grounds. I opted for the cottage as it seemed peaceful, albeit very shabby and a bit dirty (cobwebs and dirty bathroom). I then visited the local town Ardres which is very nice for coffee. I returned to the room two hours later and on entering the room found a strong smell of mould/damp. I opened the window and sat on the bed to read only to find the bedding to be damp and smelly! I asked the owner if I could move rooms only to be told that I would have to pay 20 Euros for cleaning this room as I had sat on the bed and used the bathroom! I refused but did pay 10 Euros for use of the bathroom! There was no apology only an annoyed owner, as if the damp was acceptable to him and how dare I complain. As a result I left cutting my holiday short. To sum up I would not recommend staying here, the house is shabby to say the least with scruffy gardens areas and tired dirty rooms.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jdugmore
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights and found it very charming. It is exactly as described beautiful house in large grounds with accommodation in the main house and little cottages in the grounds. best homemade yoghurt ever with a choice of home made jams for breakfast. We stayed in a little cottage that had a little kettle with tea and milk and a bottle of water. The cottage had very good wifi . Tip turn off your mobile data as it slows it down best to turn on wifi its faster. There was a fab ensuite bathroom in our cottage with a little hairdryer. The shower was fantastic the water is so refreshing and my skin felt so soft afterwards. We spent our days exploring pas de Calais and Le Manoir de Bois en Ardres a good base. About 20 km to a lovely sandy beach in Wissant. For food in Ardres I recommend aux marronnes for a budget good value meal or maison du chef for a slightly more interesting meal.

Date of stay: August 2016