All reviews set menu overnight stop euro menu amuse bouche ferry tunnel on the small side duck course meal restaurant with rooms croissants basic french friendly service saturday evening rooms are small creme brulee delicious food scallops
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I’m almost worried about reviewing this place in case it gets too busy! We were looking for a convenient stop-over near to Calais but wanted to find somewhere with character not like the myriad of modern hotels on the outskirts.

This place is a traditional French Auberge, the rooms as others have said are on the small side but spotlessly clean and comfortable. The bar area was just what was needed after a long drive to relax and have a beer before taking a walk into the village to have a look around before dinner.

The restaurant was very good indeed, friendly service and reasonably priced. Breakfast was simple but again very good quality.

This place could become a regular!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Great location, lovely people, fantastic food. Very convenient for autoroutes - only 20 minutes from Calais. Good parking. 20 euro menu best value for money during our 2 week driving holiday in France. Old fashioned but comfortable. Could have done with a fan in room as it was 37 degrees C on arrival! Have stayed here 4 times now - excellent!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Simple rooms, good restaurant, and all atvs very affordable price. Welcoming host and high quality home cooked food. Very simple rooms but entirely adequate. Not the base for a long term stay but definitely right for a night en route.

Room tip: do not expect anything other than a simple room
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This is a bed and breakfast that is also a restaurant. We did our best to use as much school French as we could but the staff were better at English than we were at French. We arrived on touring motorcycles and the owner insisted we should lock them up in a special fenced area. So definitely bike friendly.
Rooms looked over the back garden and were clean and everything I used worked. Power point to recharge my phone, room lights, window catches. The bed was comfortable I had a good nights sleep.
Breakfast was a good quality continental.
Checking out was efficient. Staff treated us very well. I fully intend using the accomodation again if I require a stop close to Calais.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank KevinStewart22
Reviewed 3 June 2018

In an effort to make my twice yearly family holiday in France last as long as possible I always book to travel back across the channel on Sunday so that I can spend the Saturday night here within easy striking distance of the ferry/tunnel. It's an auberge restaurant with rooms. I find the restaurant very good, the staff brilliant and the rooms 'bijou' but clean and adequate. The menu has sufficient choice to satisfy all seven in the family group, including the finicky eaters, and the wine list is reasonable and varied. Breakfast in typically French with decent croissants and fresh baguettes. I always leave with a smile on my face, which sums it up really.

Date of stay: April 2018