“Cracking value”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everywhere in the Alps the restaurant prices just seem to go on rising without the food quality improving. Here we have a delightful and delicious change. Alright, the menu might not be extensive but the courses offered were of better quality than other restaurants in a similar situation. My wife and I had a throughly enjoyable plate of charcuterie followed by excellent confit de canard and wonderfully fatty potatoes, far better than the ubiquitous chip. Proper mountain food. Cheese or pudding followed. Less than 15€. Alpine joy! Decent bottle of Apremont and coffee rounded of our best alpine lunch. Service was efficient and friendly. We will definitely return on our next visit to Moutiers.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Kitchen with regional products, Friendly owner with a dry tase of humor. Own made paté and dessters were very good, main dish is ok.

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Came across this restaurant and so glad we did. Simple menu, superb food and very friendly owner. We are a family of 5 with children from 14-18, just perfect. Very well priced as well

Reviewed 23 April 2015

I recently had to spend a week in the Town of Moutiers in France, needed to find quality food at a competitive price and stumbled across " Le Rive Gauche" while walking around the town.
A four course "Plat du jour" for 14.40 Euros seemed ideal so in I went.
The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to find an explanation for an item on the menu I did not recognise (my French is a little lacking).
I returned on the following two evenings and was not disappointed on either occasion.
As other reviewers have stated, this is rustic food at its best. Thanks

Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

What a wonderfully rustic, busy French cafe
Really enjoyed the local delights and sights of this restaurant
The food is good
The wine is great
And the service is with a big smile!