All reviews downings bay supper club glass of wine leisure centre breakfast room cooked breakfast thursday evening asked for a quiet room i highly recommend this hotel three night stay bar food course meal group of friends steak chowder three courses donegal coast
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My sister and I spent just one night at the Downings Bay Hotel but we really enjoyed our stay. The room was surprisingly large and the beds extremely comfortable, I couldn't have asked for a better night of sleep! Breakfast was plentiful and the staff very welcoming and accommodating. Although the hotel is in the centre of town, there is plenty of parking, although I suspect that might be different during the busier summer season. We hope to be back!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jennycefai
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My family booked into this hotel over the easter period. To say disappointed would be mild. The hotel itself was clean and the entertainment was ok and that was it. The food wasn’t great the chips were black, why a chef would send the likes out to a dinner table is beyond belief and everything thing else was borderline. The barman would need to be sent on a customer service training course as he never spoke or cracked a smile once. The exchange rate was euro for £ in a hotel that I would have to say 90%+ of its customers were from Northern Ireland. Surely you should be looking after your customers a bit better than that. Would I stay here again. DEFINITELY Not. I’m rating it a 1 purely for the entertainment.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Colleen B
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Four of us ate here on the last night of our golf trip from England. The dining room was very quiet but it is still the off season. However the food was excellent. I had the Dexter beef and it was so tender and tasty. The Tuna steak enjoyed by one of the others was said to be the best eaten and the other two both had the chicken and were in high praise of it. Excellent deserts as well. Good wine list at affordable prices. Pleasant,efficient service, so a great way to round off our trip. On our experience I would be surprised if you were disappointed here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martin H
Reviewed 26 January 2018

A beautiful hotel with an smashing location. Very comfortable room, so relaxing plenty space, and had a very relaxing sleep after delicious food. Really enjoyed Downings. The staff were very nice and a lovely breakfast to set me on my way. I didn't go to the bar but by all accounts the music was excellent, great entertainment laid on.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed a few day over new year with friends, there was a big group of us and what a time we all had. We all had dinner in the restaurant on new years eve the food was beautiful, then we all went into the music and all had great fun. On new years day some of us done a walk the views was breathtaking. We all eat in the bar that night and the food was beautiful. Myself and husband had a weekend here in September for our wedding anniversary and had a lovely time. Great hotel with great staff, good food, and a lovely clean room. We will be back!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends