“Awesome local tastes”

The Flying Apron Inn & Cookery
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went there with the local car club for a Sunday brunch. Amazing selection of local food in a funky setting. They have cooking classes and an art gallery featuring local artists. Truly local in their focus and a great place to visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Every wonderful thing I had heard was true! The menu is so nice and it really was difficult to choose
but we had the perogies, chicken pot pie with dumplings and a burger. Everything was delicious. The service was lovely. The setting is gorgeous. Wr didn’t see the inn rooms but I am sure they are lovely.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

This is a gem of a place, right from the minute we entered the Inn. We were greeted by the friendly staff who checked us in to our room and answered any questions we had about the area and the Inn. Our room was very comfortable and well maintained. The guest lounge area is very clean, comfortable and well stocked with a TV, video game system and various other games, puzzles etc.
The dining room experience was excellent, the food was prepared perfectly and it was the best meal I have had in a while. The service is excellent which makes the dining experience that much better. I even noticed how much the staff went out of their way to insure that someone at a neighbouring table with food allergies was able to get a great meal that is safe for them to eat.
I definitely recommend this establishment and will be staying there again.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I've been back several times, and each time the food was better than the last, my new favorite restaurant in eastern Canada!

Thank J.D. W
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I was searching via google for a unique experience to celebrate my best friends birthday. Her being a foodie, this was perfect. I booked my friend and I into The Flying Apron Inn and the Taste of Greece cooking class with Chris.

We arrived at the charming Inn, greeted very warmly, by staff, given a tour of the Inn and restaurant, and the surrounding area if we wanted to explore.

Our suite was room 1, two comfy single beds, small sitting area, with ensuite. The Inn has been completely renovated, and Chris and his wife have done a great job with décor, and comfort of guests, The beds where comfy and cozy. The ensuite with soft fluffy towels, hand made natural soaps, lotion, and lovely basket of toiletries if you have forgotten something. Pride in ownership is scene, in the small details.

Just outside the suites, is a common area with comfy couch, television, and reading area. Guests can exit or enter via a separate entrance just off the common area, if you do not wish to travel downstairs through restaurant.

We so enjoyed the taste of Greece cooking class, grab a glass of local wines in the restaurant, and make you way to the demo area, small group gather around a prep island and learn techniques. I was very impressed with Chris's knowledge and willingness to answer questions regarding food prep and suggestions for adaptations. In the cooking demo we where served a full three course delicious meal with dessert. You will not leave hungry and more than likely with a take out box.

The Cookery/restaurant it a great spot, offers indoor and patio dinning. The menu choices and baked goods are five star dinning in the middle of no where. They offer fresh and preserved, gourmet treats. The Flying Apron & Cookery is a secret gem. Amazing spot to distress for the night, enjoy gourmet meal, kick off your shoes, grab a book from the library, a glass of wine, and cuddle up around the roaring woodstove in the winter., with comfy feeling and tasty food.