All reviews quy mill main building afternoon tea jacuzzi bath bar menu anglesey abbey lovely hotel four poster park and ride wedding party superior room no lift scones minute drive quiet location lovely room a lovely stay
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My wife and I stayed there a couple of days ago for a night away. The place was hard to find and when we got there it wasn't as we expected, it was quite dirty. We were checked in by a young lady named Leah, she smelt like cigarettes and didn't look very presentable at all! She didn't give much detail on check in and was very rude, it wasn't a pleasant welcoming. The restaurant was understaffed when we went for our evening meal and the food was actually disgusting. the bedrooms were horrible and very noisy as situated near the A14. We won't be staying here again, despite all the bad reviews we have seen, we still went to stay and it just proved us wrong. I advise people don't stay there as it's not a very welcoming place. VERY DISAPPOINTED. Not value for your money at all, they are robbers.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgeken
Lauren S, Guest Relations Manager at Quy Mill Hotel & Spa, Cambridge, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear of your recent experiences whilst staying with us. It seems that none of the issues were raised with us during your stay, and this is surprising given the tone of your review. Had we been aware of some of these issues, such as the bedroom, or the food, we could have offered alternatives. If you would like to contact the hotel directly to discuss these issues, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you. I would suggest that in future that you refrain from mentioning staff names when visiting TripAdvisor; this is not recommended by them, and unfairly infringes upon the privacy of individuals. Despite this, I can assure you that your comments are being fully addressed by the relevant teams, and an unwelcome attitude is not conducive to our high standards. When you refer to all the bad reviews that you have seen, I find this difficult to comprehend given the positive reviews far outweigh the negative, but I appreciate that we cannot please all of our guests.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We had our away day at this venue. The hotel was very accommodating and we had conference room for the first part of our day and then we had the water wheel room, for our meal. We had a lovely evening and our barn Justin was great and very knowledgeable about the gins and pairing them with tonics to compliment.

Accommodation was amazing with large bathrooms and four poster beds! Beautiful! We will be back!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review. It's great that you had the two spaces available for your away day- I'm pleased you enjoyed the experience all round, and could really unwind from your day during your evening meal. Yet another mention for our Supervisor/Barman Justin..thank you! He is an asset to our business, and your comments really help us in rewarding and recognising our staff. I hope that you can return, whether it be with business, or leisure, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 27 April 2018

My friend and I spent the day here.
We had a super lunch in the Bar before we went to the spa.
The stafff were helpful and very friendly.
The spa offered pool, sauna jacuzzi, and a well equipped gym.
I had a facial which was carried out in a beautiful and clean treatment room.
Can highly recommend

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your lunch, and found the food and service excellent!
I have passed on your review to Imagine Health & Spa, who manage our Spa facility and they will be equally as pleased about the comments you have left, thank you again. We hope to see you again for a return visit, and remember to book early with the Spa to avoid disappointment!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We didn't know what to expect but, from the time of check until departure, we found everything absolutely delightful. Nice, quite large bedroom in one of the separate buildings. Good size bathroom with the usual amenities, tea / coffee making and, if needed, a safe. Bottled water supplied too. The breakfast menu really was "something else". Buffet style cereals, fruits, cold meats & cheeses etc. etc. Then, a huge choice of freshly prepared hot breakfasts from a "Full English" to scrambled eggs & smoked salmon. Yes, we highly recommend this Best Western.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review. It's great to hear how the hotel impressed in all areas!
We are very proud of our Breakfast selection and service, as we have been recognised through various awards, on display around the hotel, and detailed on our website. We hope that you will return in the future to experience another great visit!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife, daughter, and brother in law.

Justin behind the bar looked after us particularly well. Pre-lunch nibbles were lovey and lunch didn’t disappoint. Fantastic selection of drinks and staff very knowledgable about what they were serving.

Will definitely return very soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving your review detailing your recent stay. I am delighted that Justin has been recognised once more, and your comments will mean a great deal to him, as it does us. We look forward to your next visit!