1,381 results
All reviews afternoon tea andy murray open kitchen tennis courts roux restaurant petit fours country house service charge upgraded to a suite lemon tart special treat set menu scones birthday lunch car park a la carte menu drawing room
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

We met friends for lunch here on a busy weekday. Access to the hotel is not easy. It is easy to miss the entrance as it looks too small to be the entrance to a grand hotel. However, once navigating the single track drive, the hotel is indeed grand. The building is wonderfully decorated and exudes muted charm. Our lunch mates were late due to a punctured tyre and the hotel were great at relaying information as we didn’t have mobile phone service after we arrived at the hotel.
We missed lunch in the dining room but had drinks in the bar and food was served in a small room off the lobby from the lounge menu. It is a quaint room but, we ended up eating at a coffee table which was not the most comfortable.
We ordered a variety of items from the lounge menu and everybody was pleased with their meal. The portions were a bit small but the quality of produce was evident and everything were perfectly prepared.
Service was of the highest quality! The staff members were friendly, helpful and knowledgable.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank mcmonScotland
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mcmonScotland, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your recent lunch here at Cromlix and Chez Roux. It is a delight to read that you had such an enjoyable experience and everything from the luxurious décor to the delicious dishes in our lounge area. I am also very pleased that the service you received was professional and very friendly, I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the house in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2018

We ate here as a birthday surprise for my wife along with to friends. Let's be clear this is not cheap eating but as a once in a while thing it is well worth splashing out for. Service, food and surroundings among the best we have ever experienced.

Room Tip: The onion tart tatin might not sound like much but is truly delicious.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 316blue

Dear 316blue, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of your recent birthday meal with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am thrilled to read that this is one of the best dining experiences you have encountered. I will be sure to pass your compliments onto the team and we do hope we can welcome you back to the house again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival in the car park a lady was waiting to greet us and escorted us into the hotel, where we received a warm welcome.
We had gone for lunch with two friends to celebrate my son’s engagement. Cromlix was a perfect choice. We decided to select from the a la Carte menu and it was so hard to decide what to have, as everything sounded delicious. Three of us chose the cheese soufflé, which were amazing. I had the halibut and the presentation was stunning and for desert I had the black currant soufflé with liquorice ice cream - it was outstanding.
The attention to detail, service and ambience are superb.
After the meal we had a stroll round the grounds, there is a croquet lawn, putting green and of course tennis courts. The kitchen/ herb garden was very productive and it was lovely to see someone cutting mint to use straight away. There are also beehives and free range hens wandering around.
This was our first visit to Cromlix but we were so impressed we have booked to go back soon!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allison K

Dear Alison K, Thank you so much for writing such a lovely five- star review on your recent lunch with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. Also, I would like to thank you for uploading such stunning images, we absolutely love to see them! I will be sure to pass all of your kind words onto the team, in particular the Chefs who created all of the beautiful dishes. It is great to hear you have rebooked and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We booked in for an afternoon tea. I found the service lacked any substance and quality but the afternoon tea to be enjoyable. I would re visit to try more in the future as the venue itself does look like it has a lot more to offer.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sadiebell2018

Dear Sadiebell2018, thank you very much for taking the time to write feedback on your recent Afternoon Tea with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am disappointed to read that you found the quality and substance not to your standards – I will certainly pass this feedback on to the team allowing us to improve. I am glad you would like to return to enjoy other aspects of the house, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked to stay in the Dunblane Hydro (which was a major disappointment) so that we could come to Cromlix for dinner and not have too far to travel to get back to a bed (we did consider staying in the Cromlix but the ICMI hotel prices were just a bit much at around £400-500 for a night).

All that being said, the Cromlix really is excellent.

From the meandering drive through the grounds to the hotel, we knew we were going to like this place. We were warmly greeted upon entry and the setting for the meal is lovely. The attention to detail on the tables and by the staff was first class. The entire meal was fantastic and the portion sizes were just right. Not too small like you may find in many other fine dining restaurants.

After dinner my wife and I retired to the lounge area which had an open fire and was very comfortable. We had an opportunity to visit the adorable little chapel inside the hotel, billiards room and to witness the set up for a wedding the next day. The staff could not have been friendlier or more pleasant.

We sat and had drinks in the lounge the rest of the night and we were entertained by a very talented Harp player/ singer.

We would highly recommend the Cromlix for its friendly staff, a relaxing evening and a fabulous meal.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie C
Graeme G, General Manager at Cromlix, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Jamie C, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic, in-depth, five-star review of your recent meal with us at Cromlix and Chez Roux. I am thrilled to read that we exceeded your expectations, and everything was perfect throughout your evening. I will be sure to pass all of your kind words onto the team, including Gina our fantastic harpist who allowed you to relax over some drinks in our luxurious surroundings. Overall, I am thrilled you had such a memorable evening and I do hope we will all have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the house again soon.
Greame Green