All reviews self service beans restaurant attached to the hotel large shower member of staff great shower plenty of parking a marco pierre white restaurant stayed here for two nights reception area train station hi express one night stay budget hotel an overnight stay the ground floor no air conditioning
Reviewed 8 November 2018

The attached (but separate) restaurant aside, this was a good stay at a straightforward, budget, hotel.

The staff were all well presented, and friendly and helpful; the building in very good condition... my room was clean and tidy, the bed comfortable, and the shower effective.

Breakfast was the standard HIE fare, but served hot and well prepared.

All in all, a pleasant stay in a pleasant hotel. I suspect I'll be back :-)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2018

stayed 1 night check in was quick and easy girl on reception was freindly room good breakfast was ok bacon was hard sausages bit rubbish apart from that basic staying again xmas for 3 days reception check girl was nice

Reviewed 5 November 2018

My wife and I had taken our dog for a walk on the local beach this morning. Passing the hotel entrance I noticed a board outside advertising Sunday Roasts, two courses for just £10, 95. So I booked us a table for 3:30pm. The hotel has been in business for quite some time, but this was my first visit.
It being the middle of a Sunday afternoon, and the price for two courses being very reasonable, for a Holiday Inn, I was expecting the place to be mad busy. Amazingly we were the only diners in the place; which made the experience quite surreal. The food when it came was well presented: thick slices of roast beef covered in a delicious gravy with plenty of roast potatoes and seasonable vegetables to accompany made a very pleasant meal. Although my wife's beef was a bit tough, I personally had no complaints. The toffee pudding for desert, served with custard or icecream, finished the whole meal off very nicely.
Our waiter, who was also the bar tender, explained that they have two new chefs and Sunday dinner has recently been put back on the menu. It would appear that it's not being very well advertised, and it deserves to be.
The pleasant surroundings, the food and the service made such a welcome change from eating in some of the nearby pubs/restaurants overrun with screaming kids and tired seating arrangements . We look forward to returning to this hotel for Sunday afternoon lunch again. Just hope it attracts more diners.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

Located a little way out of Liverpool we chose this as a bit of a quieter spot and its lovely. Great welcome plenty of parking and Hoylake is a great place to stay. Three nights and well worth it. Room was comfy, very nice bar and eating area.

One word of caution - the attached restaurant had three tables with people on at about 18:30. it still took over an hour just to get served. Food was good but could not understand the wait at all.

If you are on business the location can be a pain if you're going into Liverpool. We learnt quickly to go through the tunnel before 07:30 and come back at 16:00 easily saving an hour in your car!! Then we did some final work before dinner - easy!

Overall a very good HIE

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Arrived on a Saturday. Parking was good although unsure of the charges now? We were not greeted with a smile nor any care and attention at all. Not recognised as an IHG rewards member either despite the fact that I had booked on points and so it wasn't something that could have easily been missed. Just handed the key and given directions to the room. I had to ask for Wi-Fi details.
Room however was spacious and clean. Bed mattress a little thin and not so compfortable. The TV didn't work and so I called down in the morning to ask for assistance. Noone answered my call.
Breakfast was basic and I had to ask for a knife as there weren't any. No response nor acknowledgement of my request. The breakfast lady made no eye contact and returned throwing the knives in the tray, clearly not enjoying her job. The dining area for breakfast was soul-less, cold and generally messy.
Check out again was not very friendly and we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay. Just, 'Are you checking out? What room number? Yeah that's fine'. C'mon Holiday Inn Express Hoylake!!!! Where are your smiles? Your helpfulness? Your customer service skills?
Stayed at the Liverpool Indigo the night before and the staff there were outstanding from start to finish. Couldn't be more opposite experiences.
Sorry I won't be rushing back unless I absolutely have to.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank TheWanderer68
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Hoylake, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

TheWanderer68,

Knowing your last stay with us did not live up to your expectations is very disappointing. You've chosen us again, but we failed to turn things around for you. I'm sorry the service you received, our breakfast options and mattresses left something to be desired. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've shared your feedback with the hotel, and I'm positive they'll take the necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again.

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member! We hope you give us another try for a chance to turn your undesirable experience into a positive one.

All the best,