All reviews afternoon tea wedding venue garden room scones the main house perfect wedding day wedding breakfast exclusive use wedding coordinator bride and groom lovely evening lovely venue eggs benedict cream tea sitting area beef an overnight stay
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I cannot thank the staff at Horton Grange enough for the superior planning and execution of our wedding yesterday. Emma and Glen, you felt like part of our day. The evening staff also couldn’t do enough for us and for our guests. Thank you!!
The venue was beautiful, the food DEVINE and our wedding could not have gone smoother. Our guests were thrilled and delighted with the hospitality of the staff and the entire Horton Grange Experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
HG_General_Manager, General Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear K539LNsharonc

Well what can I say, it certainly sounds as though the whole team done Horton Grange proud during your special day.

Both Emma and Glenn will be delighted with such feedback and its great to know they looked after you so well.

I know our Kitchen team will also be thrilled with your glowing feedback regarding our food.

Its great to hear Horton Grange was a beautiful venue for your special day, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

We came to Horton Grange for my Father's wedding ceremony on the 17/08 and aside from compliments about the happy couple everyone that was present including people from Scotland and Canada were remarking on how brilliant the place was. The food was perfect, the drinks were lovely and the staff were friendly and great fun all night 10/10 would defiently go again for any ceremony.

I'd also like to give a personal shout out to Emily and Roxxy who were working behind the bar for being fantastic, friendly and attentive throughout the night, although I do apologise for taking up all of your night talking. :,)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear ahudson9351

It certainly sounds as though a great day was had by all and its good to hear the team exceeded expectations.

I will pass on your very kind words to Emily and Roxxy for being so friendly and attentive throughout the evening.

Its also fantastic to hear the food was perfect, I know the Kitchen Team will be delighted with such feedback.

Once again thank you for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Our daughter was married at Horton Grange at the weekend and, along with all of our guests, we can't praise the staff at Horton Grange enough for their part in making our weekend so special and the wedding day the best day ever!

Nothing was too much trouble for Glenn and every single member of staff. All of the team are professional and they certainly know how to host a wedding. Our wedding breakfast was exceptional and the wine was kept flowing!
The grounds are amazing and our photographer captured some wonderful shots throughout the day.

The bridal party stayed overnight at this beautiful venue and I had the best nights sleep that I have had for a long time.

The choice for breakfast was extensive and all freshly prepared....no dried up buffet breakfasts here!
I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Horton Grange to anyone either as an intimate, exclusive wedding venue or for a few days stay in the beutiful county of Northumberland.

Stayed: August 2018
3  Thank B W

Dear BW

Its fantastic to hear Glenn and the team looked after you so well during your Daughters Wedding.

I will certainly pass on your comments to the whole team who I know will be delighted.

Great news to hear you would recommend Horton Grange and I am sure I speak for all the team when I say we cant wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We went for afternoon for a family birthday, 5 adults, a 9 year old and a 7 year old.
The afternoon tea sandwiches were cucumber and rock salt, beef and mustard, coronation chicken wrap and smoked salmon and cream cheese. My eldest has an adventurous palette, my youngest doesn’t. I asked if they had a children’s afternoon tea option but they didn’t. I was quite surprised at that. So I asked if we could swap the sandwiches out for a ham sandwich. But they don’t do ham. So we got cheese instead. The cheese sandwich was grated cheese and bread. No butter. Who doesn’t put butter in a sandwich???

The beef was extremely fatty and three of us who had to take a deep breath and swallow decided to leave the rest of the beef.

The scones were nice and my youngest tucked into those. The mini cakes looked lovely however I ended up not eating mine, as the waitress advised the children should share an afternoon tea between them. This just didn’t work as that meant I would have to try and half the little cakes so I just let them have mine. Again, the kids weren’t overly keen and in fairness the other adults left almost all of their cakes.

There wasn’t much atmosphere and the room was very white and clinical but that wasn’t too bad. My kids are quite well behaved, if your child is a little bit rowdy it might be worth avoiding this place.

The staff were friendly enough although we did have to wave a few tunes to get their attention for more tea and milk.

All in all we came home and put a pasta bake in the oven.

Their Sunday dinners looked lovely though, we wished we had chosen this instead!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Afewthoughts
HG_General_Manager, General Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear tinamcavoy17

Thank you for your review.

It does look as though we failed to live up to expectations on this occasion and I offer my sincere apologies for any disappointment coursed.

I can asure you as we speak our new Head Chef is working on our Afternoon Tea offering and will also create a tailored Childrens Afternoon Tea to include specific childrens cakes and treats including a milkshake.

I apologise this was not in place during your visit however we have certainly taken your feedback onboard as we strive to improve both our service and product.

Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We went to the Horton this week very disappointed service wasn't that good and they only had the afternoon tea when most of our party was looking forward to the Gentlemans tea only one available and no real apology. Food came but had to wait ages for the tea. Nice setting but the male waiter was quite abrupt. Don't think i will return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank janice1306

Dear janice1306

Thank you for your review.

Its natrually disappointing to hear your service was below par during your afternoon tea.

I apologise for any an offence coursed by our waiters attitude during your afternoon, this is certainly not the level of service in which the team is trained and expected to preform.

Its such a shame you dont think you would return and allow us the opportunity to show just how good we really can be. I will certainly liaise direct with the team member involved and I asure you appropriate action will be taken.

Once again thank you for your review.