All reviews afternoon tea wedding venue garden room scones the main house perfect wedding day wedding breakfast exclusive use bride and groom wedding coordinator lovely evening eggs benedict cream tea sitting area beef an overnight stay bridal suite
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We have been to Horton Grange a few times and really can't fault it. The afternoon tea was lovely. It's a little more expensive than other places but the quality is there with unlimited tea or coffee and home-made cakes and lovely sandwiches, not just the normal ones you get. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
HG_General_Manager, Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share you kind words from your recent visit to Horton Grange. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your most recent visit for Afternoon Tea at the Hotel. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Deputy General Manger,

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We brought my parents here to celebrate their Ruby wedding anniversary and it was fantastic. We had both the traditional and gentleman's afternoon teas which were delicious - the best we think we've ever had. The service was great and they happily accommodated our 2 year old too. Couldn't recommend highly enough!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind feedback from your recent visit to Horton Grange. I am overjoyed to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed both your Traditional and also our new Gentleman's Afternoon Tea! I hope you choose to return to Horton Grange in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Had a one night stay here.
Hotel is, in parts, in dire need of an upgrade. The restaurant and bar were fine (apart from the large stains on the tub chairs in bar), but our room was in need of new windows as the paint was peeling off them and the window cords on both windows were broken. There was black mould on the ledges too. Again, the tub chairs, especially the light coloured one, were grotty, with large stains covering the seat cushion and the front and sides. The bathroom was ancient. Mould in shower cubicle and light above wash basin flickered on and off every few minutes.
Artificial flowers and plastic topiary abound in this establishment - not wonderful to look at.
Having said all that, the quality of the dinner was reasonable, and what really is the big plus here, is the friendly staff. They made up for all the shortcomings.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Janice W
Reviewed 18 April 2016

My daughter had booked this as a surprise she had booked my partner and I into one of the garden rooms which were very nice and relaxing as the view from the sitting area was very pleasant and relaxing, great tasting food. The staff are very friendly,pleasant and helpful. can honestly say we will be visiting Horton Grange Country House Hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
HG_General_Manager, Manager at Horton Grange Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2016

Thank you for your lovely feedback from your visit to Horton Grange. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Deputy General Manager,

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Overnight stay. Beautiful hotel in lovely gardens. Food in restaurant was superb and all staff are second to none, professional yet friendly and really make your stay a good one.
The bedroom was lovely and cosy, beautiful old furniture and lovely views.
If I had any critisism it it would be that maybe the bedrooms could do with a freshen up, ours was a bit warn looking, but certainly very clean and this minor detail would not in any way put me off returning to such a lovely place.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind feedback from your recent visit to Horton Grange. We also appreciate the constructive criticism. I am overjoyed to hear that you would like to return to the Hotel and I hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,