US$101
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel(Charlecote)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$151
US$99
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$267
US$166
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,991 results
All reviewsmain hallafternoon teacoach houseleisure centrepremium roomconservatory barstately homelovely groundsmodern hotelsteam roomevening mealsecret escapesleisure clubwet roomset menuthree course mealself service
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I maybe feel bad about a review of 3, but hope I can explain why.

We arrived for a 2 night stay for our 1st wedding anniversary. We also had a spa day on the Saturday.

When we arrived we were given an upgrade to the Hall (premium room). I was pleased about this as it looked so beautiful. Which it was. However the Hall seemed forgotten about. When it’s that pretty it should be the main feature. There was no reception and no staff etc. Random mismatched furniture.

The room was big as was the bed. The bed was also very comfy. We had a Nespresso machine with only a choice Of 2. There was no bottled water which surprised me... maybe scrap the Nespresso and offer water?

My main issue with the room were small ‘final touches’ the champagne flutes were 2 different ones, mouldy shower screen, light in the wardrobe didn’t work and made a constant flickering sound, bits missing off of the radiator... only 1 tv Channel with a very temperamental remote.

We didn’t eat an evening or lunch meal at the hotel but the restaurant/bar area In the main hotel were nicely decorated. Breakfast was good but the bacon had seen much better days.

The spa day.... my main issue.
The ‘spa’ is very dated and uninspiring. The steam room smelt mouldy and the sauna wasn’t particularly nice... both very small. Hardly anywhere to sit and relax around the pool. The ‘relaxation’ area was completely ruined by a hen party. (Not the people or the fact it was a hen party as such) they had the table area reserved... so we and another couple ate our spa lunches off of our lap... but the group weren’t sitting on the tables. They were sitting on sofas and had blocked off the whole opposite side of sofas with their bags. That left 4 spaces for everyone else in the spa to sit.

The whole spa experience was an odd set up. You can only get prosecco, the tea and coffee machine needs a token....? Lunch served in a box?? Treatment was nice enough and the therapist lovely.

The grounds are lovely.

Be prepared to pay £20 each way for a taxi

Staff very friendly

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

I felt really lucky managing to book a spa day at the Walton last minute, however I now understand why it was one of the few spas with availability left at the weekend. Overall I was thoroughly disappointed and actually felt quite ripped off.

Shortly after booking the spa day someone rang me from the spa to ask me which treatments I would like in my package. I was very impressed by their promptness, but this was soon erased by the fact I was told ‘it was really too busy on Saturday to fit me in for a 55 minute treatment’. Instead I was told Sunday might be a better day. I had booked a spa day, I live in Nottingham and the spa is in Warwick, I was not going to be there on the Sunday. After a lengthy 20 minute phone call we eventually managed to compromise at 2 30 minute facials staggered throughout the day. I was happy that despite the long phone call it was sorted.

After finally arriving at the spa (tip: don’t follow the postcode on the website as it will take you to a closed gated entrance on a country lane where you will end up having to climb over a fence and through a muddy field to get to the spa), I was met with yet more disappointment.

To start with the woman at the reception desk seemed to know nothing about our booking and after receiving some assistance informed me my treatment was at 5pm. They knew nothing of the treatments that I had spent over 20 minutes on the phone to book. After much confusion I was finally allocated a slot at 3:15pm as I needed to be away by 5 (the spa day was supposed to finish at 5 anyway).

Next was the lunch fiasco. My package included a lunch, but once again the staff at the spa reception were not aware of this and only after being prompted and told by myself gave me the menu. After ordering my lunch I was told it would take 45 mins to prepare (for essentially a salad, hummus, fruit and a slice of lemon tart). 45 minutes went by, an hour went by and soon it was time to have my treatment. So off I went back to reception from the spa to enquire where my lunch was, only to be answered with ‘lunch? We thought you’d had it?’. I finally received my lunch at 3pm, about 10 minutes before my treatment so I had to eat very quickly and rushed.

Overall this was an extremely stressful experience which was a result of utterly dreadful coordination, organisation and common sense. The spa was dated, the room where there was tea and coffee (that you had to pay for) felt like a coach waiting room and the majority of the lockers in the changing room were jammed. I would not recommend this spa to anyone quite frankly.

P.s this is the first negative review I have ever written in my life, however I felt truly compelled to voice how I felt about my dreadful experience.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank luna_hadley
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Recently stayed here on a Secret Escapes 2 night break - 26 to 29 April 2018. Fabulous reservations service, assisting me with arranging a birthday treat of champagne and cup cakes in the room on arrival. Thank you to Evija Lazdina the Reservations supervisor for this- the champagne was chilled to perfection and
the very beautiful decorated cup cakes were presented on a cake stand with 4 different flavours of buttercream and with fresh strawberries - yum. The complimentary upgrade to a prestige room was appreciated- a very spacious room and bathroom. Simply furnished and very clean. The spa area is compact but we had no trouble getting sauna and steam room time in peace. Dinner was inclusive in our deal giving us a £23 allowance to each spend on the menu - no problems getting fed well on this budget. I asked for extra vegetables- not on the menu - and no problem at all. The setting is lovely and we really enjoyed feeding the ducks each day - obviously fed regularly as some real characters who are very cheeky and tame. We plan to return when we need a short break to relax.
PS bring a brolly if rain is due as you have to walk outside to the spa, dining area and bars.

Room Tip: we were in the stables block and rooms facing the green rather than the car park spaces would be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the years ..... only using a secret escapes deal though which was £99 for the accommodation, dinner for 2 chosen from the dinner menu with an allowance of £23 each. A full English breakfast for 2 people the next morning is included and this is priced at £15.50 on the menu. Use of the pool and gym are also included and the parking is free of charge.

All in all £99 is a great deal for all of that.

We again stayed in the Orchard block. Sizeable rooms, very clean and I would say recently refurbed bathroom. Can't complain.

The dining room has been very well updated since last year - it was sad and tired but now looked more modern and airy. The dinner menu was less then inspiring - I do think that that has dropped in originality and the steak pie I had was less an tasty, the dinner plate was cold with the pie, a spoon of mash and a spoon of peas only just warm ...... all for £16.50 - not good.

The breakfast was plentiful and was a standard full English and some cereal, juice, cheeses, sliced meat, breads, preserves and yoghurts. Tasty good quality sausages and bacon though. Again cold plates and I think they must improve that.

Oh my goodness ----- disaster-ville in the gym. I couldn't believe how badly the standards have dropped there. Dirty windows splattered with sweat. The floor hadn't been hovered never mind mopped in weeks - not days - weeks. Thick layers of dust on ledges and equipment. Broken equipment, damaged steps, huge rips in the stretch out mats which is a serious trip hazard ..... I was so surprised, I went out to the lady on the spa and fitness desk and told her the gym was filthy and asked what had gone wrong. She was delightful, really really apologetic and came to see what I was talking about. She agreed it was dirty and went to get the vacuum cleaner immediately and took more than 30 minutes to hoover some of the surface dirt off the floors. She told me there had been enormous staff turnover and the fitness manager left in October 2017 and had only recently been replaced with the new manager Jamie. She promised me it would be cleaned up and the damaged equipment would be put right - she was a credit to the hotel.

Would I go again - yes. For £99 the accommodation and food was great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Approached via a long drive (quite tricky to find at night) the hotel looks impressive set in its country location. I checked in very late at night which didn’t cause a problem. My room was very adequate and situated in a relatively new wing but even so it was showing signs of wear and tear. Breakfast was buffet style as exactly what you would expect.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business