“Return visit”

Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Northop
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Boot Inn Northop is a traditional Pub and restaurant serving quality Food and traditional ales.
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Returned to this friendly pub for food with friends. Helpful staff at the bar and in the restaurant. Tasty meal served hot. Lovely home made chips. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Turned up in the evening & sat at a table in the pub with a menu on it. Was then informed there was no food being served due to a private party in another area of the pub.
DO NOT LEAVE THE MENUS OUT THEN, it’s not rocket science

1  Thank Richard N
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Have been meaning to visit for food upon several recommendations and finally got around to coming for lunch and we were bitterly disappointed.
We were told there was a 20 minute wait so ordered sandwiches quickly.
40 minutes later our food arrived.....and was wrong! Had to wait another 10 minutes for it to be rectified.
The fish finger sandwich is vile. Described as beer battered cod and sounds delicious.
It wasnt. Served on dry toast, with dry mushy peas and the chips were terrible.
Ordered a chocolate ice cream sundae and was served strawberry, by which point we couldn't be bothered anymore. Paid up and left.
We won't return or recommend.

5  Thank mumof3tiddlers
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I went for a family meal midweek, the pub wasn't very busy.
Tables were sticky and smelled of beer. The food arrived an hour after placing the order. Food was eatable but that's all. The steak was very fatty and chewy (although ordered medium rare), black & blue burgers had hardly any Stilton on them. Pies were ok (homemade).
My main complaint is about the poor customer service...waiting an hour for the mains to arrive, then waiting further 40 minutes just to clear the tables, then further half an hour wait for desserts. Tables never actually got cleared, we were eating our puddings next to empty bowls of coleslaw, chips and tomato sauce.
I asked 3 times for a glass of Diet Coke, eventually had to go to the bar and order it from there. Instead of Diet Coke I received a normal one. I asked for tomato sauce, received mayonnaise instead.
Because of their poor responsiveness, we were there for over 3 hours just to have 2 course meal.
I can't imagine how long we would have wait in the weekend.
They either have to train their staff or hire more people.
I won't be coming back.

4  Thank Aleks-Rich
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Good pint of beer (plenty of choice) pleasant bar staff. Very busy in bar, staff kindly allowed me to have lunch with my well behaved dog (appreciated).
Scampi and chips and a pint - perfect lunch, glad I pulled off the A55.
Only sorry I wasted 15 mins of my day at the Red Lion - no wonder their public bar was empty with the Boot yards away.
Will be back next month - thank you.