All reviews menai straits breakfast room swimming pool fantastic views lovely location north wales the penthouse friendly hotel sea view cooked breakfast zip world feel very welcome fantastic stay breakfast was excellent weekend break full english short drive
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The staff are brilliant and helpful. The hotel provides a great breakfast. Although we didn’t eat in the restaurant the menu had a good selection. If you chose to eat locally, there are 2/3 restaurants close by, I would suggest you book as the best places are popular especially at weekends. One restaurant very close has great food and prices however they take their time getting it to you. Drinks in the hotel bar were expensive in comparison to local restaurants and bars but you would probably be elsewhere and only use it for a nightcap.

Room tip: Our room was great however some rooms have a spectacular view down the Menai straits towards Caernarfon.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We reserved a room for 5 nights because the hotel had views of the Menai Strait. We wanted to use the hotel as a base for the many sights we wanted to visit in the area. I had reserved a Superior Double room with a King bed. I asked the nice young man at reception if our room had a view and he said no. I told him about the cramped little room we had just left and he excused himself for a couple of minutes and came back and showed us an apartment on the ground floor with a view! He upgraded us at no extra charge. I almost cried. We had lots of space in a curious collection of furnishings. The view was lovely but on the path to the public tables nearby. Most people didn't realize there was a room there. It did not detract from our enjoyment of the view. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful. We would return here anytime.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2018

I stopped at this hotel for 1 night whilst working within the area on a business trip. I found the hotel online and did not know the area being from Birmingham. The price was very competitive. The hotel is in a nice location within a quite village with a local pub which serves food and a take away restaurant. The hotel has great views of the port. The room was ample for my requirements and the hotel bar and TV room was good but what really made it for me was the staff. I found them really helpful and friendly and easy to talk to. I would definitely stay here again based on my experience.

Room tip: The only suggestion I would make is that some parts of the hotel could benefit from modernisation.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Danny-Darko-Eng
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Everyone did everything for us from check-in to check out. We had a cottage room on the main floor and could park right outside our door. This was perfect for moving luggage in and out. The room was huge and quiet.The pub was friendly and inviting as was the dining room. It was nice that they reserved our dining time and were cooking just for us during that time. Morning breakfast was served in an area looking out over the water - could not have been more lovely. We wanted to stay longer, but had to hit the road.

Room tip: If we were to visit again, we would stay longer and try to stay in a room with a view of the water. It really was beautiful.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Everything possible was done to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The room had a beautiful view along the Straits and was very pleasant. We were served dinner despite arriving late and the breakfast was excellent.

Room tip: Room 3 has a beautiful water view.
Trip type: Travelled with friends