Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,198 results
All reviews swimming pool west sands evening entertainment touring park embassy club go karts caravan park white horse smugglers restaurant the main complex fish and chip shop fun fair amusement arcade family holiday gold caravan entertainment complex great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

We booked last minute and got a pet friendly bronze caravan with 2 bedrooms as that was all there was available. There was myself, husband, 20 year old son, 16 year old son, 8 year old son and our little pug. We got a 3 night stay via Hoseasons. Caravan 358 (Summer Breeze) on Fish Lane.

I’ll break it down bad v good:

Bad first …

Caravan looked nothing like photos on Hoseasons site, especially main bedroom - see my photo.
No wifi whatsoever in the van - zilch! A problem when you have teens etc.
Smelled like a kennel
Baked bean juice splashed up front of microwave
Debris on top of fridge
Inside of fridge not cleaned
Someones toothbrush in bathroom cabinet
Sheet looked like it had a skidmark on
Debris under the sofa cushions
About 6 inches space either side of the double bed
- had to scrape body along wall to get in bed
Paper thin walks between bedrooms
No coathangers
No space for 5 peoples clothes, no drawers, shelves etc. No hooks anywhere for coats or towels.
Stains on walls, sofa and carpet.
£3.18 for a 2L bottle of Sprite in the Nisa shop
Funfair food very expensive
Noisy people on park, someone knocked on our window at night a couple of times.
No towels or loo roll provided.
No welcome pack of washing up liquid/coffee tea etc.
Absolutely nothing to do in Selsey.
Slippy caravan steps, my son fell and hurt his back, maybe I should sue them to redeem the cost of the sprite.
Late check in 4pm and check out 9am

Good:

Going home.

Had a terrible time and would never go back to Bunn Leisure or Selsey.

Save your money and go elsewhere, much better places to go.

Best things:
The pretty windmill
Beach on site was nice
Den’s fish & chips in Selsey was ok.

Reviewed 26 October 2021 via mobile

What a huge shame, I have been coming to this caravan site for 42 years and I cannot tell you how much it has changed for the worst. Our caravan was dirty but as was a private owner let I have taken it up with them but it kind of set the tone for the rest of the holiday. The whole place feels understaffed and lots of young kids working there who have no pride in work, the staff all seemed miserable as hell and all the care and quality has gone and the park has changed as to squeeze the most amount of money they can out of you. The whole place is dirty. The toilets in the embassy are absolutely vile, first time in all my years of going there I witnessed a fight between two women in the toilet and had to get all the young kids out so they didn’t witness it. Bar staff in embassy clueless. Where’s the lovely entertainment team gone? We have seen some amazing shows over the years but now it is laughable really, cringingly bad compared to what it used to be like not the staff performing but the quality of the shows. Witnessed a young waiter in the smokehouse blow his nose, put the dirty tissue in the bin realised the bin was overflowing with other dirty tissues etc, pushed them all down to make more room then proceeded to carry on sorting out clean knife and forks and serving food to tables without washing/sanitising his hands. but worst thing of all the lovely seafood lady has been stopped from coming around, we really looked forward to her visits in the evening and you know now it’s just because they want all the money being spent with them and their food trucks, pure money grabbing, such a shame. Tickets prizes from the arcade machine have become absolutely terrible too, what a rip off. We went to the White Horse one Sunday evening and the singer in there was brilliant and the bar staff was good and the toilets were lovely and clean so I would recommend people to go there over Embassy . Liked the new bikes too but unfortunately I really think our Bunn holiday days are over. Loved making memories with my kids somewhere I had made memories with my Nan and Grandad but I don’t think it’s somewhere we will return to again in a hurry it’s lost that family holiday feel.

3  Thank LondonVicW
Reviewed 20 October 2021

The contact less app works brilliantly had plenty of notice about the way the app works we found the caravan really easy and found it to be very clean as always when we go to bunn leisure we went to the white horse club for the Friday night entertainment which was very good the drink and food prices are very competitive on the park I throughly recommend the cookhouse burgers (really tasty) we had jed fry as Tom Jones on Saturday night which was absolutely fantastic as well as the carnivale show which was so brilliant the bingo every night in the white horse was done so professionally but we felt quite disappointed as there was no live entertainment on the Sunday night only the cash bingo so we had to go to the embassy club for the live entertainment which was well below the standard that we expect at bunn leisure it was way too loud and really rubbish up until 9pm then it was all over at 1030pm we found check out really well organised it was a great weekend but turn the volume of the music down in the embassy please!!!!!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2021

We stayed for 4 nights from 11.10.21 as a family of 5 with 3 under 5. Upon arrival we quickly noticed we needed a bigger caravan and when calling reception they were nothing but helpful. We were in a new caravan within 10 mins. Great! The general cleanliness of the caravan was ok but not top notch as I'd expect. Simple things like dust on switches and dirty window ledges which literally took me 5 minutes to sort myself. To me it just seemed the cleaners were being lazy.
The location was great, we didn't have anyone around us so no noise problems at all. My children really enjoyed the tots raves every night and we found Sophie really brilliant! She deserves great recognition, honestly she's fab! My children were lucky enough to win prizes on the dance floor meaning they were happy. I didn't find the bunni shop badly priced compared to some holiday parks shops. The swimming was great! Although the changing rooms were filthy and baby changing units were also vile. Unfortunately two children were sick in the pool when we went for the final time but the lifeguards handled it brilliantly and clearly their cleaning processes were top notch!
Most staff were great, really friendly and helpful but there was one security guard who was an absolute jobsworth. He gave myself and my partner a hard time over absolutely nothing and was actually really rude. This left me feeling sour towards going to the embassy arcade during the day again. We used papa johns delivery service on our last night and again this was faultless. Really speedy delivery and great tasting food. We would defiantly come back again, and highly recommend anyone visiting to go to west witherings beach - absolutely stunning!

Top tip, bring your own cleaning products!

Reviewed 16 October 2021

Arrived at the caravan was not cleaned properly.
- Debris all over the second bedroom floor, clearly had not been hoovered or looked at whatsoever
- Dusty towel rail
- Marks (probably food) on the sofa, as well as clumps of dog hair
- Dirty microwave plate that hadn't been cleaned
- Smudged mirrors
- Bin lid covered in dirt and food. The lid also did not fit on the bin itself
- Bin itself not cleaned - remains left inside
- Dusty cabinets etc in the living area
- Badly descaled kettle. The kettle also leaked from the lid when pouring, so had to do it over the sink. Only realised this after burning my foot the first time with hot water.
- Dirty inside the fridge
- Mark on the bedroom wall, what looked like a squashed bug
- Clothes rail was completely broken so ended up with damp clothes hanging from various doors throughout our stay
- Kids sweet left on the top kitchen cabinet
- Very squeaky mattress in the twin bedroom, resulting in noise all night every time our toddler moved (which is a lot).

After paying over £1,200, it isn't good enough, I would expect it to be completely spotless. We also found it astounding that not 1 but 3 people cleaned the caravan, which means that 3 people could not spot any of these problems.

It really soured the start of our stay. We also had extremely poor sleep throughout our stay, due to the noise of the seagulls very early in the morning, who would climb over the roof from the break of dawn at 4am. There was also noise from neighbours returning to their caravans late at night. At no point did I see anywhere signs or communication asking people to consider neighbours by keeping noise down and not feeding birds. This may have at least helped a little. My son has always been a great sleeper but this holiday got him up at all times and he was run down half way through the stay from lack of good sleep.

We tried constantly to use the app but it was impossible without wifi or any phone signal anywhere whatsoever in the park. The wifi in the caravan worked well once you purchased that, however the free wifi in common areas was an absolute joke as it constantly was asking you to sign up and spend money. You were encouraged to use the app to order food or drinks but as it was almost impossible there were loads of queues at the restaurants because of this.

The overall feeling we got from our holiday was that Bunn Leisure was making every opportunity possible to get extra money from us, from arcades places everywhere to pricey drinks. Things like soft play should in my opinion really be free like it is at Butlins. I understand you put on free entertainment in the evenings, but this wasn't suitable when you have a 3 year old like us. Even the tots rave resulted in lots of sales for light up toys, and we were only there for half an hour.

The swimming I admit was great, except for the fact it doesn't open until 10am, which in doing so wasn't catering towards younger children. I found it very strange, and the fact you had to queue up meant we wasted half our day just to do this.

I honestly wish I had more positive things to say about our stay, but I'm afraid we enjoyed being out of the park the most during our holiday, and by the end were really looking forward to going home and getting some decent sleep in a clean environment. Thank god we had nice weather during our stay and so went out as much as possible to local beaches, otherwise I think we would have gone mad and be even poorer!

I tried to email my complaint and after several bounced emails I got a half hearted reply 3 weeks later! Her response was of the attitude "oops sorry" and I can't answer you about that I'll pass it to a colleague. Needless to say I heard nothing further. Extremely poor response when they've been given an opportunity to rectify a situation with an upset customer. Clearly they don't care and have made enough money out of all the families for summer. Well done you, I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Date of stay: August 2021