“Wine experiece”

Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Pollenzo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This is a first class restaurant run by a dedicated family who clearly take a great deal of trouble to deliver friendly service and excellent local food. We chose a set four course dinner which combined some wonderful flavours in the anti pasto egg,prawns and beans as well as the pappardelle carciofo primo course. This was followed by "fish and chips" ,and semifreddo with local fruits. Wines were of course Barolo's and Nebbiolo 's.
There is wide choice on the a la carte menu.
Fresh flowers add a touch.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Not a 'wow' place but definitely a very good restaurant.
Service was very good, wine list varied and prices absolutely correct.
Menu is not very extensive but what there is (mostly traditional local dishes) is all good and well presented.
Not super easy to locate on a dark night, you have to drive into the courtyard and the sign on the wall is not lit up, so drive slowly...

Reviewed 12 November 2014

we first arrived in Piemont and started by a great lunch at this place. The restaurant is lovely, service was great and food was very, very good. Try the "carna cruda" which is just fantastic, tagliata as well.
Very good wine (good advices). I recommand this charming place.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at this lovely Italian restaurant located in the small town of Pollenzo. We walked to the restaurant from our hotel(Albergo dell Agenzia) and enjoyed a quiet, delicious, and enjoyable meal. Our waiter, who I believe was from the family who owned it, asked if I wanted to try the truffles that just arrived at his restaurant that afternoon on my pasta. I agreed and was able to enjoy one of the regional delicacies that evening plus the pasta (tajarin, I believe) was so fresh and perfectly cooked. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and felt that it was reasonably priced and of very high quality. Unfortunately, we did not leave room for dessert, but that only means that we will have to return the next time that we visit the Piedmont region.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Wonderful courtyard dining in summer. Informal but very professional staff. Fantastic food. An excellent Barolo at shop price.