See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2015

I booked this hotel in April 2015 (for August 2015) and asked for 2 rooms next to each other or 2 rooms with a connecting door for 3 nights. We paid the total amount in advance. When we arrived in the hotel we were not informed of the fact that the children's room was AT THE OTHER END of the hotel. They just showed us the rooms and when we said that this was not what we had asked for they just said that the hotel was fully booked and that the guests who had booked for a week had priority. I informed them that they should have informed me of this fact before paying the total amount. Because then I would not have reserved the hotel and looked for another hotel. I have been corresponding with the travel agent TIROL OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE but they also said there was nothing they could do. Don't book with this agent! They do nothing for you. I have also been speaking to the management but they just lifted their shoulders and said that it was too bad but they could no nothing. No excuses nothing. We informed them that we would like to leave one day early because we were not comfortable with the situation but they refused to return our money for 1 night. The travel agent has not offered us a refund. I informed them that I was going to mention this on TripAdvisor and they said they "did't care". What an awful experience. You don't want to be dealing with people like this on your holiday. What a deception!!!

Room Tip: Book another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank lobrysteen
Reviewed 16 February 2015

A stay which I definitely recommend for skiing. We were 2 adults and 2 teenage kids i 2 double rooms.

The rooms were nice and the beds were the best I have slept in at a hotel . In the rooms there was a large balcony with stunning views, where you could sit in the sun and look at the mountains.

Wellness department was very good with many options. And there is something special about sitting in the heated outdoor jacuzzi at 5 degrees below zero with panoramic mountain views. However you have to use swimming cap in the pool and jacuzzi.

The staff were always happy and service minded towards us.

The breakfast buffet did not have a particularly large selection . But when you can get served perfectly cooked soft boiled eggs or a stuffed omelet, it's no problem .

Dinner consisted initially of a buffet with small dishes and salad / vegetables. Then followed four dishes - usually soup, a pasta dish, a "small" main course and dessert . There were 2-3 choices of every kind, which had to be ordered the day before. However, only one dessert which could always be replaced with ice cream or fruit. The food was quite heavy, which is natural for the area I suppose. Dinner could not quite live up to the rest of the hotel services and facilities, but it is obviously a subjective assessment. Still I will rate the hotel full.

Room Tip: Get rooms with view to the mountains. They also have rooms with balcony with no view.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Spacious room, bathroom and plenty of spaces in wardrobes for a family of 4 for at least 1 week. Breakfast is very nice (a pity there's no variety of bread) and the dinner was very delicious especially the antipasti buffet. Lovely spa and pool. Great view while laying and relaxing in the outdoor Jacuzzi or swimming pool. Staff is very friendly and most of them speak good English. Great pizzas. Compliments to Marco from the hotel who arranged the weekly programs and is also the walking guide who showed us the wonderful places around Cogolo. Very patient and jovial. This is one of the best summer vacation we ever had and with pain in the heart, we left Cogolo for home.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice although it's inevitable that some rooms do not face the mountains.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Our expectations upon booking a romantic mini-holiday at the hotel Kristiania were focused on the Wellness and SPA center which came highly recommended by friends, but we actually came away with fond memories of the whole experience.
The hotel itself is in a very quiet location, away from main roads and on the outskirts of the very small town of Cogolo di Pejo, which suited us perfectly since we tend to shy away from "crowded and trendy" whenever on vacation.

We had chosen an Alba suite from the website and upon entering the room immediately thought that we had received a free upgrade. In reality, as the owner Mr. Aurelio explained, most of the Alba rooms have been recently remodeled in a modern minimalistic rustic style and look nothing like the pictures on the web.

We were on their version of the 3/4 board which translates to roughly eating twice our usual..The overall gourmet experience was good, with a few highlights consisting in local specialties like the casolet cheese, or the home-made smoked hams flavored with herbs or truffles. We had a few chats with Christian - the gentleman in charge of the cantina - who regaled us with fun anecdotes on local lore.

We found the SPA and wellness center to have a varied offering. I'm not fond of SPA areas entirely relegated to the basement level since they tend to have a lingering smell of chemicals hanging about, and was pleasantly surprised to find that the majority of this SPA had windows looking out on different vistas. We might be used to pools with a view, but a sauna with windows is a bit of a novelty.
My s.o. and I had booked a Spa Suite experience at the hotel's wellness center and came out feeling deeply relaxed after 2 days of careful pampering in the privacy of this dedicated suite. His favourite: the shirodhara ayurvedic oil drip. My favourite: a well executed lomi lomi and my newly acquired set of organic Argan cosmetics.

Things that could be improved:
While it might be fun to discover things in a treasure hunt kind of way (i.e. the possibility of leaving your phone to charge in the room safe, or where the controls for the upstream swimming pool are), better signage or even a quickfacts pamphlet could really help.
They should really work on the spotty wifi coverage, or give it for free.
Pool water is a tad too chlorinated for my taste. No bellhop in sight to help with luggage.

Positives:
Superclean and quiet, new rooms with huge bathrooms (not feat. on website) are really nice, gourmets are going to love the Cantina selection of wines and spirits with an emphasis on the excellent wines of Trentino, free garage parking, a well equipped and varied wellness and SPA area. Special mention for the Spa Suite experience.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly remodeled rooms on the first floor, they're not pictured anywhere on the website. We were pleasantly surprised!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa P
Reviewed 29 March 2011

It was my second stay in hotel Kristiania and again I am very satisfied with the accommodation and service. It is located on the side road in very genuine small town Cogolo di Pejo, well known from the production of the mineral water. The hotel is quite big, with very expanded wellness centre and all the necessary facilities, including newly built discotheque in the neighbour complex.
The rooms are arranged in the rustic style, slightly dark, with too small windows on the second floor. Our bathroom was rather tiny and old fashioned. The bedroom - much better, with comfortable, wide bed. The WiFi internet connection works in some rooms very slowly. It`s much better to use the laptop in the lobby. It costs 2 € per hour.
We were dining in a half board system and the food was good, but not exceptional. The salad buffet, with large variety of cold and hot antipasti was the best part of dining.
The staff is very friendly and attentive. Whole week we felt free and comfortable. .
Also the price is reasonable 480 € per person HB in the double room.

• Stayed: March 2011