“Perfectly Beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Alma

Villa Alma Gate
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Gate
Passion flower and hand carved granite
Door
Loggia
Enjoy the garden while you eat
Grilled scampi at Villa Alma
Fireplace for a winter romantic escape
Main bedroom
Main bedroom
Twin bedroom
Toilet
Garden and pinewood
Set in quiet wooded area
Garden
Freshen up in our outdoors shower
Cat looking suspicious at the shower
Beach just 150 meters away
The beach in October
I, on the beach in November
Path to the beach
Sunset in Calaliberotto
Paradise for children
View of the beach: Sardinia or tropical sea?
Inside Orosei gulf
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sean W
“Perfectly Beautiful”
Reviewed 13 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

Fantastic villa and pleasant owners
This was our 1st holiday in Sardinia. And it most certainly will not be our last.
Beautiful country, fantastic food and very pleasant locals. The villa was all we could have wished for.
Bars and restaurants were about 10 minutes walk away the beautiful and shallow beach was 2 minutes walk. And the local supermarket was around 30 minutes walk away.
So a car is must especially for visiting other areas of Sardinia. As the next town is around a 20 minutes drive away.
The owners were really helpful and kind. It is great that they live right next door.
They greeted us with a bottle of wine a lovely Russian salad. Then later with some homemade pesto.
Me and my family all agreed that it is was the best place that we have ever been. It was my 7 year old sons first holiday abroad and he loved everything about.
Mosquitos are pain in Sardinia. So take plenty of protection with you. The villa is fitted with Mosquito blinds. And we never saw a single one inside.

As for the bad review on here.
Yes there was a couple of Africans floating around the beach. But not like the ones who will sell you a load of fakes and junk. I found these to be pleasant also. They do not pester you so if you don't want anything from them just say no thank you. And they will leave you alone.

I also found the villa to be clean and tidy. Including all kitchen and table ware. There was more than enough to use even grinders, blenders etc.

I could go on forever about our stay at Villa Alma. But I'm sure that I've been pretty clear on how much we enjoyed it.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Janine F
Sion, Switzerland
“Nice house with basic facilities in quiet area. Lots of Mosquitoes!”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The house is spacious and nicely furnished with a pretty garden. However, all those trees are home to many mosquitoes and keep out the sunshine and mask any views. The house is cold with no heating other than a solid fuel fire in the living room (no fuel supplied with property). Not ideal for an out of season booking although I'm sure these features will be appreciated in July and August!
Wifi reception is available but limited signal. TV has only BBC World News as English channel. No DVD player. No games for Children. No soap or cleaning materials supplied.
Driveway approach VERY muddy / slightly flooded - ok with our 4 wheel drive car but not for those precious about their cars(!).
THE PROPERTY IS NOT "ON THE BEACH" as suggested by it's photos, but a 5 minute walk to a small pleasant beach after crossing a quiet street. ie kids cannot run through the garden through the woods and onto the beach which I had thought as possible from the photos.
THE SHOWER IS POOR, leaks water all over the floor and has a very limited supply of hot water.
The owners were friendly and helpful as was everyone we met on the island and the area was nice.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Friendly owners. Spacious house. Nice area.
Liked least: Poor shower. No heating. Limited WIFI access. No kids games/TV
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
Management Response
5 Jan 2016
I try to do my best to meet the expectations of my clients. I take care, with particular attention, to every detail of the villa and I like constructive criticism because it helps to improve my offer. But this time:

1. I'm criticized for the fact that the villa is not 'ON THE BEACH', as the lady 'thought'. But I indicated on the map the exact location of the house and I have written it is located about 100 meters away from the beach!
2. The guest complains that the house was cold: Light the fire, please. The wood was available in the house at a cost of 10 Euros / 20 kg, as specified on the site, but she refused to use it because 'she thought' it was provided for free. I stress that the insert in the fireplace is one of the most expensive on the market (Deville) and through a duct system also heats the upper chambers. More, air conditioning is is available.
3. The guest complains about the presence of the pines, because in November did not like their shade. But 'Villa in a pinewood with 1400 sqm garden' is written with capital letters in the website!
4. Under request, I supplied cleaning material. The request apparently made the guest unhappy, but, again, she forget that formula is 'self catering'.
5. Toys for children are a personal object. It is not possible supply toys for children from 2 to 12 years. After all I'm not a toy shop.
6. Mosquitoes are everywhere in Sardinia. Villa Alma is equipped with blinds and tools against mosquitoes. More, I cannot do.
7. The shower box is one of the best in italian market. However I recognize that the hot water supply (electric boiler) is not fully satisfying in cold months.
8. About the muddy driveway. True: it is a not paved country lane 50 mts long. The pros: not traffic at all. Cons are described by the customer (but remember that it was a November week of heavy rain).

Probably the reason for the criticism lies elsewhere. She paid the rental price by bank transfer, charging the price of the transfer to me. Having show very politely this fact, the guest had a response extremely annoyed and gave, in french, a mocking answer: ?C'est la vie!- that's life!? I could deduct the price of the transfer from the security deposit in my hands, but I did not and deposit was returned in full.
Annabora
Moscow, Russia
“Beautiful beaches and friendly house”
Reviewed 5 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

My husband, me and two our sons of 5 and 2.5 years old spent the great month in Sardinia. We were staying at Villa Alma since September 01 to September 28.

The house is very comfortable and looks like new. It has everything you need. There is all necessary for cooking in good shape: pots, pans and so on. The crockery was new. The bedrooms were rather large and light. The bed linen was good. When we arrived, the house was clean. The bathroom and the toilet were in good condition and clean. There are a lot of beautiful details and floral arrangement in style of Sardinia that make the house beauty and friendly.

We had separate entrance and private part of garden with beautiful pine-trees and rhododendrons. Our children could run in the garden safely without supervision because the gate was locked. There was our individual shower in the garden. Everything was done with natural stone in Mediterranean stile. So we had terrace with roof and table for outdoor meal.

Owners tried to do everything for our convenience. At the same time we felt private. They were friendly and ready to help, treated us with the national dishes, gave advice about which places to visit.

Mosquitoes were the only thing I didn’t like because they bite my younger son. But we bought the special ointment at the drugstore in Sos-Alinos and solved the problem. The house was equipped by mosquito-nets and fumigators.

Cala Liberotto is the seaside resort with the villas surrounded by vast pine forest and numerous beaches of white sand following one upon the other. We can walk to the beach in 5 minutes. Usually descent to the sea is very smooth and easy for young children. The sea is clear and crystalline.

We were happy to visit so beautiful places and meet so gracious people. I’d like to come back to Sardinia!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pine-trees near the house
Liked least: Mosquitoes
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 17 September 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Liked best: the sea
Liked least: the incredible amount of mosquitoes
Travelling group: Extended Family
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
2 Sep 2012
I'm sorry that traveller did not remain satisfied with his stay at Villa Alma. However, I should point out that many of critics are wrong.

1. There is no washing machine. Why don't ask for? The washing machine is located on the veranda 6 meters from the front door. Since the object can not be considered a garden landscaping, was enclosed within a box of fine Orosei marble.

2. Mosquitoes and conditioning air. Mosquitos are everywhere in Sardinia not a characteristics of Villa Alma. However the windows are fitted with mosquito nets and there is no need to close them. Air conditioning is not enclosed in the facilities of the home (check the website please). The website must be read carefully or, before booking, ask for the presence of air conditioning if considered essential. However I recognize that the air conditioning in some days is very comfortable and I will install it next year.

4. The area is full of street vendors. On the road that overlooks Villa Alma there are not street vendors. The vendors are approximately 400 meters away in front of the hotel Tirreno. The majority are blacks or Indians who do not bother anyone. In my opinion, and I also believe in the opinion of the hotel swiss managers that have never driven them away, they only add a touch of color to the environment and the opportunity to do some convenient purchase.

5. The house was not clean. That surprises me, because I always check the work of the cleaning company. If pointed out during the stay, I would not have any trouble to call the company to finish the job in a satisfactory manner.

6. Chipped dishes. I have already taken steps to replace the service. If pointed out, I would have done the replacement in real time.

The recommendation I make, to those who have the patience to read my reply and will choose in the future my house, is to make any criticism during your stay so I can immediately address them or prove them unfounded.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$608
/ Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing