Hotel Greenwoods Inn &Bar(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$14
McLeodGanj Homestay(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Pink House(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$18
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$21/night.

Backpackers Inn(McLeod Ganj)(Great Value!)
US$10
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Holiday Hill(McLeod Ganj)
US$36
US$32
Priceline
US$45
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Norbu House(McLeod Ganj)
Zostel Mcleod(McLeod Ganj)
Green Hotel(McLeod Ganj)
  • Room Service
The M Hotel(McLeod Ganj)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsitalian kitchensix nightsdeluxe roomnice personcomfortable bedgreat place to staynice viewhome away from homemain squareterracemcleodganjindiabalconies
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I stayed Six nights at Kunga Guest House,it became a home away from home for me
I am a mature female travelling alone,I felt totally safe here
My room was clean with a comfortable bed and my balcony looked towards the snow capped mountains
Food excellent with Nick’s boys ever friendly and helpful
Excellent value in every way
Annette (Australia)

Room Tip: Book a room with ensuite and mountain view
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Very good and quite hotel, with the excellent service of all the staff. Simon was very kind to help us in anything we needed, even though the first night we arrived really very late. breakfast is possible and they cook it at the moment. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

I stayed at Kunga Guest House for 2 days and was put up in the deluxe room overlooking the valley. The view was simply exquisite and pleasing to the eye. The bed room was very spacious and comfortable. The food though vegetarian is extremely good and is comfort food with also at a reasonable price tag. In the first morning, I ordered for a apple tea with banana waffles. They were very nice. I was late for dinner and the restaurant was closed however they still accommodated me with a Veg Thenthuk which was very hearty and delicious. Overall, my stay at this property was very pleasant and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Neil_CCU
Reviewed 5 July 2017

It is always good to stay here, as i have been staying here from past 3 years whenever i visit Mcleodganj.

If you are looking for a pocket friendly accommodation, so this is the place where you can get the clean and well maintained environment to stay over, tariff is also reasonable.

And yes, Tenzin (owner) is a nice person to be with, soft spoken and helpful guy.

you will find all amenities here too, Italian kitchen, restaurant on terrace with nice view, good rooms, enough space, balcony towards Dhauladhar Range and Dharmashala.

Easy to get there by walk, as it is just at 2 minutes of distance from main square or volvo bus stand.

Just Peaceful. :-)

Room Tip: Delux Rooms are enough good and pocket friendly !! General rooms are also good not as much as delux ones.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karan W
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The best time to review a place is immediately after the visit and here I am writing just a day after completing my sojourn! I stayed with friends at the Kunga for 2 nights in their Deluxe room.
First impressions: We liked the location which is just a hop & jump from the main square. The rooms are also neat with clean bedsheets, furnishings & toilets. The rooms offer a good valley view, overlooking the restaurant. But I think the pluses stop here if you are looking for a good place to stay in Mcleodganj.
Food: I found the 'much-hyped' breakfast (and other meals) at the famed Nick's Kitchen an average affair. The service expectedly is slow but is nothing to complain about as this is how things should be taken on a leisurely holiday. But you need to be very careful of what you order and what your final bill reflects. We had to send the bill thrice to be correctly charged. Also like most restaurants here, you can only pay in cash, which is more troubling because of the overpriced food on the menu. Important: No room service and no dinner after 8.45 pm. We had to order pizza on the first night of our stay. You do that or you sleep on an empty stomach!
Staff Behavior: We felt unwelcome and there have been more than one instance when we were spoken in a menacing manner by the staff. The management does not pay attention to the Indian guests in their house and are only interested in making quick bucks from foreigners. The TV set in both the rooms we booked did not have a working connection for the entire duration of our stay and we missed viewing the highlights of an important India-Australia Test (*sigh*). You should not expect housekeeping/ cleaning of any kind during the stay. The staff certainly needs to get their basics right in hospitality!
Overall I would give the property stars for the excellent location and for the spacious rooms with balconies. Thumbs down to the management which doesn't deserve any recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends